Score prediction thread for OREGON | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Score prediction thread for OREGON

Reaction Score
I have really been impressed with Oregon from coaches to the players, that being said The Ducks have never seen a defense that UCONN can throw at an opponent! If they can come out as they did vs SoFL, 2x, and some of the other opponents, this could turn ugly quickly! The pressing, switching, and in-your-face constant pressure melts any belief an opponent can have of winning the game! They're just trying to survive the 40-minutes!
Therefore my predicted score is UCONN 96/Oregon 59!

Reaction Score
I also wanted to add to my post above that Geno has been in the players ears about the upsets by Oregon and Quinnipiac from higher seeds and Stanford beating ND today!
Every time in the past when UCONN has played an upset special team they have come out "guns blazing"and taken the upset team out of their game!

Reaction Score
Oregon not as quick as UCLA. Gabby and Pheesa should be able to get their shots off against the taller, but less agile ducks. Ducks will try to milk the clock and control tempo so fewer possessions for UConn.

Huskies win 85-62.

Reaction Score
UConn 83 Oregon 55
I'm with Tony...I think this score is right on target. Looked thru all of Oregon's scores this year, particularly how they did against UCLA (gave up 80+/game on avg) and I think Tony hit the nail on the head.

Reaction Score
UCONN 88 - 64 Looking back at the Ducks record this year it appears that they seldom scored above the 70s and lost in the high 50's and 60's. Since I don't know their opponents, scores don't help much, but highest win I could find against the Ducks was 99, and most scores 80's or less.
I liked this team's spunk and spark a lot and while I expect we will roll over them I hope for good things from them in the future. Liked the coach, too.

Reaction Score
92-66 UConn. Expect an adjustment period for Ionescu, then a run-out at the end of the first quarter to a double digit lead, 20 by halftime.

Daffy-Duck-Beak-2.jpg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Oregon has been a great story in the tournament, but they don't have the experience or athleticism of UCLA, and they will face a ferocious Husky team focused on getting to the FF. UConn wins by 36, 92-56.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ducks are on a roll. And no #1 team has made it to the Final Four this year.

Oregon wins 78-73.

Reaction Score
In any other circumstances i would say it will be a close game as the elite 8 is usually their toughest game, but after the sloppy game on Saturday i think uconn will be more focused then usual. They will win this game by 20+ points.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just because Oregon beat a Duke team who had just lost their starting PG and a Maryland team who seemed to have left their energy and mojo back on the plane does not predict how they game will go vs. UCONN. Keep in mind they barely beat Temple, a team UCONN destroyed twice this season.

First, Oregon has not played UCONN before (if ever). They have seen it on TV, seen it in person when watching the game, but they've never experienced it as players. UCONN will most likely force them to do things outside their comfort zone and that does not bode well.

Second, there is no doubt in my mind that the team is NOT looking past Oregon and that they are very focused on coming out with intensity and purpose.

Third, in games where Oregon was pressed, they had trouble scoring much more than 50. Yes they have improved this year, even during the NCAA's, but it will not be enough to escape a UCONN smackdown IMHO.

Fourth, as much as Oregon will try to slow the game down and keep it a lower scoring game, UCONN will try to speed them up. Unless Oregon can unleash a barrage of 3's that go in, it will be an epic beatdown

UCONN 86
Oregon 52

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom