Score prediction for next up, Nebraska | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Score prediction for next up, Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Trap game...Huskers by 1.

I'll try to get a video of me telling the UCONN players "Say hi to Boneyarders".

Reaction Score
Huskies on the road/plane to meet the Huskers. Before we get to the contest questions, one easy to fill (I think ) request: would those of you who have been winners of the contests thus far be kind enough to shed all modesty and post in this thread your handle and the game you won? Would like to include in this those of you who came close enough to receive mention, and ask you to also give the game(s) and what you predicted which merited the mention.
Reason being, am trying to establish which folks have the target on their backs by virtue of being in the hunt multiple times. I recall ,without certainty, that RAYVIN , KAIZEN, DADDY CHOC,, ROCK, ANON, BRONX, SUE, HUSKYNUT,AND ALEX showed up a time or two at least....but don't know if they won, came close, or what.and i KNOW there were others whom I just don't remember.
Now for the usual: Who wins it.margin.....and score as a tie breaker? Good luck and a shout out to the two of you (am thinking BAJAN BEST and someone who has a handle with a TWO in it), who tied last night for the OSU win, as well as all those who got a mention.
.By the way, did anybody figure out who had the tie breaker for OSU game?? If so, please let us all know.

Since you have a ? concerning "who wins", I'll throw my two cents in.
Winner should not be determined by margin of victory and here's why.
Say team A wins a game against team B 80 to 60, a mov of 20.
Poster X's prediction was 81 - 60, mov of 21. Poster Z's prediction was 40-20,
a mov of 20 that is exactly right.
Can you really say the Z prediction was better ?
I propose a comparison of the predicted score for each team against what the actual score is.
I.E. Same 80-60 actual score.
Poster X predicted score 81-60
81 compared to 80 = a difference of 1
60 compared to 60 = a difference of 0
Total difference = 1 + 0 which = 1
Poster Y predicted score 84-64
84 compared to 80 = a difference of 4
64 compared to 60 = a difference of 4
Total difference = 4 + 4 which = 8
Poster X would be the winner between those 2 posters.

Reaction Score
30 minutes max for the core 4. Natalie with double figures. UConn 86-49
Agree. Maybe 25 minutes max. I would think that either Nurse or Dangerfield would continue to keep some semblance of an the offense towards the end of the game.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not a trap game because Nebraska is having a difficult year due to last April's mess. Which, IMO, should not have happened.

Anyway, on to tonight. Geno will play the bench a lot more than the last few games. The Core 4 need some rest and they will get it tonight. Nebraska just doen't have the horses to compete with us.

UConn 84 - Nebraska 46. Four UConn players in double figures. Gabby and Pheesa with a double-double.

Reaction Score
With lot of rest for the starters, I'll go with an 86-39 win for us.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Gonna be tough. Game of the season for Huskers. They'll be up for it.

For UCONN, a letdown game after a big game on Monday. Starters logged lots of minutes. 1 day off for travel (1400 miles). Last game before Christmas break, visions of sugar plums and fairy's will be in their heads.

Definitely see a big ol' trap game.

Huskers in a close one 71-68.

Reaction Score
Last game I predicted a win and wings does that count for honorable mention, lol.

CBR: well, kinda....when the plate comes around, grab all the wings you want, what with me being a breast man. You get the wings..... but no cigar on that one!;)

Reaction Score
Since you have a ? concerning "who wins", I'll throw my two cents in.
Winner should not be determined by margin of victory and here's why.
Say team A wins a game against team B 80 to 60, a mov of 20.
Poster X's prediction was 81 - 60, mov of 21. Poster Z's prediction was 40-20,
a mov of 20 that is exactly right.
Can you really say the Z prediction was better ?
I propose a comparison of the predicted score for each team against what the actual score is.
I.E. Same 80-60 actual score.
Poster X predicted score 81-60
81 compared to 80 = a difference of 1
60 compared to 60 = a difference of 0
Total difference = 1 + 0 which = 1
Poster Y predicted score 84-64
84 compared to 80 = a difference of 4
64 compared to 60 = a difference of 4
Total difference = 4 + 4 which = 8
Poster X would be the winner between those 2 posters.

RVW: can relate to all that definitely. Went the way I did with the thread from pretty much the outset as an attempt to keep it relatively simple.....to try to save time, reduce confusion, etc. Sure not perfect.....just one way to involve some folks in a prediction competition. Appreciation to you for taking the time to send along those good thoughts.

Reaction Score
Gonna be tough. Game of the season for Huskers. They'll be up for it.

For UCONN, a letdown game after a big game on Monday. Starters logged lots of minutes. 1 day off for travel (1400 miles). Last game before Christmas break, visions of sugar plums and fairy's will be in their heads.

Definitely see a big ol' trap game.

Huskers in a close one 71-68.

MYER: Never have I felt more reassured about the likelihood of a UCONN victory. :cool: (I do still love you even though I try to pretend I don't.) Merry Christmas

Reaction Score
Good beginning on this one......could send out a lot of pre-game BALLS already, of various types.....just don't have the time though I wish I did......and will have to watch on tape again tonight.

Reaction Score
put your money on this one

Uconn 85 Huskers 54

Collier and KLS each 20 points
Gabby with 14 rebound
Natalie with a double double
Danger---with 17 point 10 assists and 4 rebounds
Molly --has her first college double digit scoring
Kyla--has her first College numbrers in 2 areas---rebounding and scoring
Kia---gets a technical for throwing elbows (again the phantom elbow again!!!!!!! Three cheers of Kia!!

Reaction Score
MYER: Never have I felt more reassured about the likelihood of a UCONN victory. :cool: (I do still love you even though I try to pretend I don't.) Merry Christmas
Meyers puts on this tough exterior ---then gets dust in his eyes over some guys brother coming home--- cat.

Reaction Score
Since we're going on margin of victory only, my pick is UCONN by 28.

Reaction Score
Not a trap game because Nebraska is having a difficult year due to last April's mess. Which, IMO, should not have happened.

Anyway, on to tonight. Geno will play the bench a lot more than the last few games. The Core 4 need some rest and they will get it tonight. Nebraska just doen't have the horses to compete with us.

UConn 84 - Nebraska 46. Four UConn players in double figures. Gabby and Pheesa with a double-double.
Like the way you are thinking with the "rest for starters," but suspect with the travel and minutes the subs will get it may be closer than anyone is predicting. The problem Nebraska will have is that this year's UConn team doesn't have many subs so there will likely always be 1-2+ starters in game.

Reaction Score
UConn will get their points, this game should be about working on things.

1)Keep Nebraska in the low 50's in pts, Opponents season avg is 58 thus far.
2)Work on not having those periods of 4 or 5 minutes of sloppy play.
3)Turnover margin 10+ in favor

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak