Schiano posdibly to Tampa Bay | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Schiano posdibly to Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Holy Schnikes! I just got out of a meeting and this... speechless :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Total shock..

Come on Coach P... Start working the phones bro...
I was in a meeting surreptitiously checking twitter and the yard... had to suppress laughter at the Syracuse Bay thing.

Reaction Score
jcshurburtt JC Shurburtt

Father of four-star RU OT commit Ryan Brodie- "This is crazy, it affects everything" http://Post original url/ygB08j

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
While I understand the schadenfreude over this, I'm still a bit sad at how this all hammers home the point that none of this is about the student / athletes at all. To his credit Schiano won't leave Rutgers in the midst of a brewing NCAA investigation (ahem, looking at you Lane Kiffin and Pete Carrol) but when a coach bolts just a few days before signing day, the kids who had just made one of the biggest decisions in their lives to that point get their world turned upside down. I suppose it is better than bolting right after signing day since the kids still have a choice.

I don't know how much more room we have in this class (it seems huge already) but I definitely don't think of HCPP as one of these kinds of coaches. I get the feeling that he'll stick around as long as we want him and there is something to be said for that.

Reaction Score
in case anyone is interested, ESPN and 247Sports show 9 RU commits that Uconn also offered.

OL - Denman, Muller, Brodie, Arcidiacono
TE - Giacone
LB - Longa, Lambert
DL - Pinnix-Odrick
ATH - Jacobs​

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this has some extremely crazy potential.
1) bc has a very small class, they are going to try to get nj kids but will have trouble becuase they are bc
2) cuse has a big class already, they wil only have a couple spots at best to give
3) i bet PP is thinking sec type class for us if he can. go to town PP!!!!! i want 30 recruits on feb 1st!
4) PSU needs some guys, they will def get some no doubt. schwan may not get a psu offer now.
5)tosu is filing spots quick but i bet they land a couple
6)pitt can squeeze a couple more in also

-we need to loc down schwan and the kid we talked about last night(jazz). we should be the choice now for both.
-go after giancone/brodie 1st
-getting atleast 1 of ^ opens the door for others much more easily.
-if there was some coaching changes to be made, this weekend is the time. give me a couple recruiters PP, they guys are valueable!!!

im worried about a couple things:
-who the next coach is down there
-how they are going to fill seats this season
-most importantly, this can only help us being some 1's pick in another confrence. no way the b12 is taking rutgers. for once that school didn't suck at everything and it seemed like GS had something, now its back to basics with them. lol.
-lastly, i'm worried that GS waited it out as long as he could and the b12 wasn't interested. Maybe he knows the acc/b10 are never going to happen either and so fianlly when the last option was a def no, it was time to get out....scary for us

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I WANT A 30 KID CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If we get 30 then 5 are going the prep route.
how so
we have 21 now so we can get 9 more. we have 5 already enrolled so they count for 2011 class. so really we brought in 25. the transfers coming in dont count for the class technically. were going to have some transfers out and other guys we didn't know just left, we all saw the spring roster. easily doable. maimi has 31 kids coming in. why cant we?!?!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I am now expecting Broadie to flip to UConn.

Also, I think they have to go with Cignetti, immediately. Even if he stinks as an option. You play the hand you're dealt.

Reaction Score
how so
we have 21 now so we can get 9 more. we have 5 already enrolled so they count for 2011 class. so really we brought in 25. the transfers coming in dont count for the class technically. were going to have some transfers out and other guys we didn't know just left, we all saw the spring roster. easily doable. maimi has 31 kids coming in. why cant we?!?!

I took 30 as the number for this class. The 5 on campus now count towards the 2011 class. So yes we can have a total of 30 counting the 5 already here.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
NFL Network is breaking in to announce the hire.

It's officially official now - WOW!...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I took 30 as the number for this class. The 5 on campus now count towards the 2011 class. So yes we can have a total of 30 counting the 5 already here.
all good. can we do that^??? i want 35 kids now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I am now expecting Broadie to flip to UConn.

Also, I think they have to go with Cignetti, immediately. Even if he stinks as an option. You play the hand you're dealt.

If they want to hold onto most of their recruits...they'll name someone from the current staff...and quickly!! A good article is linked below from NJ's Star Ledger on the potential impact of GS's departure on the recruiting class.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2012/01/greg_schianos_departure_to_hav.html

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Word on the street: Giacone is now reconsidering his options as well.

C'mon, PP - do work!...

Reaction Score
Word on the street: Giacone is now reconsidering his options as well.

C'mon, PP - do work!...

Just posted this above you. That would fill out the class even more. Hoping some RU defections happen and PP/Deleone can swoop. You know they're on the phones right now.

Reaction Score
I know it's a different scenario, but I wonder if there is any wiggle room for transfers. I'm thinking of R.J. Dill, the OT from Maryland who had us in his final three. Maybe once the semester starts, you're locked in...not sure though.

Reaction Score
I know it's a different scenario, but I wonder if there is any wiggle room for transfers. I'm thinking of R.J. Dill, the OT from Maryland who had us in his final three. Maybe once the semester starts, you're locked in...not sure though.
I'm pretty sure Dill is signed and maybe enrolled already, too. i could be wrong, though. my info is from the recruiting sites.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Dill is signed and maybe enrolled already, too. i could be wrong, though. my info is from the recruiting sites.

I am assuming he picked Rutgers?

Reaction Score
I am assuming he picked Rutgers?
Yeah, a couple of days ago, he picked RU over UConn. He will play this year then he is done. But i think he is technically an immediate transfer, and i think he is stuck at RU now, since he would be enrolled already.

Reaction Score
Yeah, a couple of days ago, he picked RU over UConn. He will play this year then he is done. But i think he is technically an immediate transfer, and i think he is stuck at RU now, since he would be enrolled already.

He is pursuing a Masters degree if I remember correctly and can play right away. He would be a one year plug on the OL until some of the new guys are ready. Would have been a nice stop-gap for a year.

Reaction Score
He is pursuing a Masters degree if I remember correctly and can play right away. He would be a one year plug on the OL until some of the new guys are ready. Would have been a nice stop-gap for a year.

Yeah...that was the Staff's thinking! I'm pretty sure the window of opportunity closes when the new semester starts. However, I seem to recall that students have up until 10 days into the new semester to enroll officially (as in the Andre Drummond scenario). Just not sure how it applies here, if he is still eligible to leave RU and come here within that ten day window that is. If it does exist as an option in his case. I'm sure we'll hear something soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom