Schiano posdibly to Tampa Bay | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Schiano posdibly to Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Most in the Boneyard think that Schiano is a lousy gameday coach thats holds Rutgers back, they now have a chance to get a Holgerson type to bring them to another level. I would be excited if I were a Rutgers fan.

Reaction Score
There's a lot of questions that crop up: What happens to Schiano's helicopter? What about his home on sacred Native American burial ground wetlands? Riveting stuff.

Reaction Score
Bunch of tweets about Brodie possibly switching to UConn if this is true

Reaction Score
For me it comes down to this:

Our goal as a football team is not to beat Rutgers every year. It is to win conference championships, go to top-tier bowl games and eventually, win a national championship. As that is the case, it is a FAR greater advantage for us to be able to recruit NJ better and start to take some of their big name recruits than the potential disadvantage of Rutgers bringing in a strong game coach (which I doubt, due to the fact that there just aren't THAT many out there in college football). GS leaving will reap immediate recruiting benefits for us. I trust in our staff to do the rest.

Reaction Score
If I were Coach P I would place a call to Jeff Haffley ASAP and hire him to the staff...send Cersosimo or Perkins packing asap

Reaction Score
He had 2 impressive interviews. Yeesh....Shady could sell a Mac computer to Bill Gates.

I wonder if he will want to meet with current Buc's parents to tell them about his NC plans.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Back to irrelevancy for Rutgers. Being mid-pack in the Big East for the past decade will be the high point of the program.

Reaction Score
Paging Mr Brodie! Paging Mr Brodie! Mr Brodie, please pick up the white courtesy phone for a call from Mr Pasqualoni.

Reaction Score
He had 2 impressive interviews. Yeesh....Shady could sell a Mac computer to Bill Gates.

I wonder if he will want to meet with current Buc's parents to tell them about his NC plans.

I like the part of the article where it said the Glazers called Bill Belichick, who "spoke highly" of Schiano. I LOL'ed.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Back to irrelevancy for Rutgers. Being mid-pack in the Big East for the past decade will be the high point of the program.
Aren't they already pretty much irrelevant in any month other than February?

Reaction Score
Bunch of tweets about Brodie possibly switching to UConn if this is true

Tweets from speculators?? ...or from those that have some connection to Brodie??

Reaction Score
I'm speechless. What dopes the Glazers are. High comedy. I wonder how the chopping wood gimmick will go over in Tampa.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
NFL Network is not reporting this at all. Is it really true?...

Reaction Score
Brodie and Giacone would be nice. UConn came in second with both. Don't think Rutgers can open up the wallet and give Shiano anymore money given the financial issues with the athletic department. Schecter said that he also interviewed for the Rams job, so it seems pretty clear that he may have tired of the college game.

Reaction Score
Love RU fans -- most still claiming that this rumor was a plant from SEC country because they're upset that Schiano is recruiting so well down there.

Still, Greg loves to play this game -- make people think he's in line for a job, "turn it down", then trumpet his loyalty to RU in recruiting.

Reaction Score
The fact that the story WAS NOT broken by Joe Schadd tells me there could be some truth to this.

Reaction Score
The only tweet I take with any seriousness is from Scott Stump who is from down Brodie's way...here is his tweet "I'm assuming UConn js dialing Long Branch's Ryan Brodie as we speak. That was his other finalist with Rutgers". The rest of them I take with a grain of salt.

Reaction Score
If Schefter is correct and this is going to be a done deal...watch this class collapase. KC Keeler of Delaware being mentioned as a replacement on twitter...that's almost as funny as Schiano taking an NFL job

I'd be shocked if the recruiting class collapses. Many of these guys already wanted to go to State U...and Schiano just reinforced their feelings and sold them on it being the best place for them. Of course, I'm sure he didn't mention that HE had other higher aspirations! lol Perhaps a few will seriously consider other options, but I'll bet many of them stay on board! I can only hope that I'm wrong! lol

Reaction Score
I like the part of the article where it said the Glazers called Bill Belichick, who "spoke highly" of Schiano. I LOL'ed.
Well why wouldn't he? He has 4 Rutgers players on his roster, all who played under GS in the last three years, not to mention his SON played for Schiano as a walk-on. The other college coaches BB prefers include Nick Saban, Urban Meyer and Pat Hill (Fresno St.). Not a bad group. I can see why the Glazers would put weight on this. I don't see GS having what it takes in the NFL, but who knows.

Reaction Score
tweet from Chas Dodd...@RUcdodd19 What!!!!!! #speechless

Reaction Score
The only tweet I take with any seriousness is from Scott Stump who is from down Brodie's way...here is his tweet "I'm assuming UConn js dialing Long Branch's Ryan Brodie as we speak. That was his other finalist with Rutgers". The rest of them I take with a grain of salt.

Thanks FDNY...that would certainly be a logical assumption. Hopefully we are and hopefully we hear something from someone connected to Brodie later on!

I also wonder how the TE Giacone is feeling right now. Didn't he have us in his final two as well?

Reaction Score
You know, the funniest comment in this thing is the one about the good ice-fishing at Syracuse Bay. I still haven't stopped smiling. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom