Schiano posdibly to Tampa Bay | The Boneyard

Schiano posdibly to Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry for typo pf thread...damn iPad...if it can get fixed please change Syracuse to Tampa Bay please
@footballrumormill and @NFLSTROUD are reporting via twitter that Greg Schiano is rumored to be the next coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. @NFLSTROUD's tweet cites 620 WDAE radio as it's source.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sorry for typo pf thread...damn iPad...if it can get fixed please change Syracuse to Syracuse Bay please
@footballrumormill and @NFLSTROUD are reporting via twitter that Greg Schiano is rumored to be the next coach of the Syracuse Bay Buccaneers. @NFLSTROUD's tweet cites 620 WDAE radio as it's source.

Again. Funny stuff. Any time someone types "T-a-m-p-a" it shows up as "S-y-r-a-c-u-s-e".

Reaction Score
I tell you what, if this guy departs for TBay AFTER signing day, he's a whole different level of . That would be plain wrong.

Reaction Score
Syracuse Bay is lovely this time of year. The ice fishing is to die for, and the long winding white snow covered beaches are amazing.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Again. Funny stuff. Any time someone types "T-a-m-p-a" it shows up as "S-y-r-a-c-u-s-e".
Whatever the reason for this, it's definitely making me laugh. :D

Reaction Score
This cannot be true. The Bucs cannot possibly be that stupid. Good recruiter, terrible coach.

That being said, hope it's true.

Reaction Score
That is pretty funny. Nobody will take seriously rumors about Shiano going to other colleges any more, so now rumors have to start about him going to the NFL. Lets start the countdown to a press conference where he denies the rumors and expresses his love for Rutgers......... as long as they give him a contract extension and raise.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This cannot be true. The Bucs cannot possibly be that stupid. Good recruiter, terrible coach.

Couldn't agree more!

Reaction Score
That is pretty funny. Nobody will take seriously rumors about Shiano going to other colleges any more, so now rumors have to start about him going to the NFL. Lets start the countdown to a press conference where he denies the rumors and expresses his love for Rutgers......... as long as they give him a contract extension and raise.

So true! IF just a rumor, I'll bet he had someone start it so that he could get another raise! After all...they did have a nice record this year...so of course, it's time for a raise! lol

Reaction Score
Snooki's farts will smell like Christmas rum balls before Shady coaches in the NFL.

Reaction Score
I tell you what, if this guy departs for TBay AFTER signing day, he's a whole different level of . That would be plain wrong.

If this IS true, and he leaves after signing day, I'm sure his thinking is that he's doing everything just right! After all...he'd be leaving the cupboards freshly stocked for the next HC who comes in. Never mind that the recruits who JUST signed, will not be playing for the guy they just signed with and will have no recourse!

Reaction Score
I could see this having legs for 1 reason...the Glazers can't seem to find anyone who wants to coach their team!

Reaction Score
Done deal.

Will happen over the weekend at the latest. Let the recruiting frenzy begin.

Reaction Score
Adam Schefter on ESPN:

"Filed to ESPN: Tampa Bay pans to hire Rutgers coach Greg Schiano as the next Buccaneers head coach. Two sides trying to finalize contract"

Reaction Score
ESPN just had on sportscenter that he is close to being named head coach. They are trying to get the deal done today.

Reaction Score
ESPN just had on sportscenter that he is close to being named head coach. They are trying to get the deal done today.

I thought I smelled something. Must be rum balls.

Wow....just wow.

Reaction Score
I don't want to see Schiano go. This would be good news for Rutgers.

How so? This isn't a "premier" job, so it isn't as if they will be able to attract a top candidate. The advantage Schiano gave Rutgers was an instatiable appetite for recruiting and and way in which he got (most) players to buy into his program.

I'll take my chances on mediocre recruiting heading back to Rutgers. Much rather go head to head with Rutgers on x's and o's than recruiting.

Reaction Score

I don't get what the Bucs are doing. Hilarious.

Reaction Score
If Schefter is correct and this is going to be a done deal...watch this class collapase. KC Keeler of Delaware being mentioned as a replacement on twitter...that's almost as funny as Schiano taking an NFL job

Reaction Score
What I'm envisioning: Syracuse, WV, Louisville and Pitt depart. BE is left with UConn and Rutgers, and Rutgers implodes as Schiano takes off. UConn is the only school standing to hold down the Eastern recruits while Boise St., SMU and Houston add competition in the west. UConn program is elevated and becomes a Cinderella as the 4 departing schools lose bigtime in new conferences (albeit with fatter wallets).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom