Schedule Released | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Schedule Released

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I've heard various things about upcoming streaming options for CBSSN, anyone have any word?

CBS just announced plans for a sports streaming service. YouTube TV, fuboTV and PlayStation Vue recently added CBSSN. Should be coming to DIRECTV NOW soon; they recently made a deal. You just need to check if your local CBS is included (e.g. WFSB).

If you were asking about a direct CBSSN stream, there's this:
Watch CBS Sports Network Live Online

(Need to authenticate through your TV provider obviously)

Reaction Score
I'm pumped for the Cuse game at MSG. I'll be in NYC then so hopefully my first game at MSG can be a UConn-Cuse matchup! Does anyone know when tickets for that go on sale?

Reaction Score
I heard beginning of October

Ok sweet thank you. I see it's part of the Jimmy V classic this year, so do you know if you can buy single game tickets or is it a tournament/day pass package that you have to buy?

Reaction Score
Ok sweet thank you. I see it's part of the Jimmy V classic this year, so do you know if you can buy single game tickets or is it a tournament/day pass package that you have to buy?
Single admission doubleheader. UConn game is a 9:00

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Assuming one ticket is good for both games

Reaction Score
Regardless of what happens OOC a legit shot @ 7-0 in the AAC heading to Temple.

I think we lose to Temple on the road. The Temple guards are way undervalued nationally especially with Josh Brown back at PG. Barring injury I think Temple could really surprise nationally. See the Top 25 at some point. That is good for us if Temple beats Nova ect...
WSU is gonna be a senior laden top 10 team. I love the optimism, but the logic that the win is assumed and our tough game will be Temple seems a bit odd.

I love the WSU game first. Welcome to the AAC, go play the biggest brand in the conference on CBS.

With regards to the noon games. We have to deal with the fact that there aren't big brands in the conference to warrant a late booking. The P5 teams that are ranked preseason, along with the household rivalries should get those slots. We haven't had really strong regular season since 09 (not that I would trade it away for '11,'14 post season).

If UCONN/WSU/Cindy/SMU/Memphis/ Houston can make a run in the tourney this year that will help our case for next year. AAC has flamed out the past couple seasons with some good basketball teams.

There's always something to complain about, but we have a good opportunity to establish this team as high performers by Jan 1 if they play well. WSU was a great addition to this conference.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This, and the atmosphere at those games has been the best we have had for the past several years. Only one better was MSU in the elite 8 at MSG.
Exactly. I meant to mention how it's been rocking every time.

Reaction Score
WSU is gonna be a senior laden top 10 team. I love the optimism, but the logic that the win is assumed and our tough game will be Temple seems a bit odd.

I love the WSU game first. Welcome to the AAC, go play the biggest brand in the conference on CBS.

With regards to the noon games. We have to deal with the fact that there aren't big brands in the conference to warrant a late booking. The P5 teams that are ranked preseason, along with the household rivalries should get those slots. We haven't had really strong regular season since 09 (not that I would trade it away for '11,'14 post season).

If UCONN/WSU/Cindy/SMU/Memphis/ Houston can make a run in the tourney this year that will help our case for next year. AAC has flamed out the past couple seasons with some good basketball teams.

There's always something to complain about, but we have a good opportunity to establish this team as high performers by Jan 1 if they play well. WSU was a great addition to this conference.
We need to welcome them to the AAC with a bad taste of UConn on they mouth

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm not going to quibble about a few times or locations. We are playing a hell of a schedule here. One that will allow us to be ranked and relevant nationally if we take care of business. Some terrific games to look forward to. I'm excited.

C

Chief00

You really think cutting the price from $6 to $3 would make a difference?

They will need to take a look at the student lottery - it's fair to all the snowflakes - gives seniors a better chance than Freshmen - but I much prefer the wait in line thing - that way we get kids who show up for most games - not the front runners - that's one reason the last few seasons XL has sometime been the better building.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
They should just allow the kids in at halftime for half price
How are you going to control that?
Sounds like a great idea BUT what if some legit ticket holders appear at half time?
I like the idea to make sure that the arena is packed but what is most annoying are all those seats, 10 rows and lower, behind the benches that are empty most of the time - damn corporate donors - looks bad on TV
Maybe they can move some of the students to those seats under the agreement that if the rightful owner comes - back they go to behind the hoop.
Got to help the image on TV

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Sounds like a great idea BUT what if some legit ticket holders appear at half time?
I like the idea to make sure that the arena is packed but what is most annoying are all those seats, 10 rows and lower, behind the benches that are empty most of the time - damn corporate donors - looks bad on TV
Maybe they can move some of the students to those seats under the agreement that if the rightful owner comes - back they go to behind the hoop.
didnt texas do something that at halftime the students can move down to empty seats? im sure there could be a rule if people show up they have to move

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think our frontcourt will be better this year. Primarily on the defensive end due to the mass of Cobb and onuorah It's going to take some big kids to move them. The last four years brimah would get backed under the basket

Reaction Score
Only complaint from me is the late game for the Jimmy v. It won't start until closer to 10 if the first game starts at 7. Work will be very hard the next day if I end up making the trip.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Only complaint from me is the late game for the Jimmy v. It won't start until closer to 10 if the first game starts at 7. Work will be very hard the next day if I end up making the trip.
already taking the day off. did it last year. learned my lesson from the maryland game when I got home at 3:15 and went to work

C

Chief00

Some of those seats are Athetic Dept controlled - but agree many are donors

Reaction Score
Some of those seats are Athetic Dept controlled - but agree many are donors

Do you know what the deal is at xl with the risers behind the basket opposite the student section? Those always seem to be empty.

C

Chief00

I think our frontcourt will be better this year. Primarily on the defensive end due to the mass of Cobb and onuorah It's going to take some big kids to move them. The last four years brimah would get backed under the basket

That really hurt our brand and drove The Chief crazy - the way Brimah got thrown around. That won't happen this year.

Gilbert is impressive and Williams is remarkable in unstructured pick up ball. It will be real interesting what translates for Williams in a competitive structured game. There is literarily nothing Chief can use as a benchmark despite Kwintin being the oldest dude on the team in his first year.

C

Chief00

Do you know what the deal is at xl with the risers behind the basket opposite the student section? Those always seem to be empty.
To be honest - the student section - is too often nearly empty at XL.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think those are for group sales and promotions. Until a few years ago, the ushers would check your stubs. Lately they don't bother. Lousy sight lines down there.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Every big game should be at Gampel, which is on our college campus where colleges should play college sports.
Disagree. A lot of people from NH and Fairfield counties are alienated when the game is in Storrs. If anything we should play 2-3 games in Bridgeport a year. Pumped that both Villanova and WSU are at XL and pumped we actually play all 31 games allowed.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
At least there are Saturday home games. Noon isn't ideal, but it beats Sunday every which way.

Overall...fine.
Probably AD Dave flexing his muscles and reminding everyone who is the most valuable property in the conference. College basketball regular season games should be played on Saturdays. Sunday is a weird day for college basketball sans the tourney.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
TV Breakdown:
6 CBSSN games (UCF, @ Memphis, SMU, @ UCF, Temple, @ Houston)

5 SNY games (Colgate, Stony Brook, Boston University, Columbia, Monmouth)

4 ESPNEWS games (@ Tulsa, East Carolina, @ Tulane, @ East Carolina)

3 ESPN/ESPN2 games (Cincinnati, @ Wichita State, @ Cincinnati)

3 ESPNU games (Oregon, USF, Tulsa)

2 CBS games (Villanova, Wichita State)

2 ESPN2 games (@ Auburn, @ Temple)

1 ESPNU/ESPN2 game (Coppin State)

1 ESPN/ESPNU game (Memphis)

1 ESPN game (Syracuse)

TBD: PK80 games, @ Arizona
Weird that CBS Sports got some of our decent games but at least I have the channel now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom