Schedule Released | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Schedule Released

Reaction Score
Disagree. A lot of people from NH and Fairfield counties are alienated when the game is in Storrs. If anything we should play 2-3 games in Bridgeport a year. Pumped that both Villanova and WSU are at XL and pumped we actually play all 31 games allowed.
The games are on TV for those fans who can't make them in person. I know plenty of fans in Boston, doesn't mean the games should be played in Worcester.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The games are on TV for those fans who can't make them in person. I know plenty of fans in Boston, doesn't mean the games should be played in Worcester.
Hartford is in the center of the state. XL is also larger which means we can fill demand better for these games. Both these games will get 13k+. You can't get that at Gampel so that would be lost potential revenue for UConn.

Reaction Score
Every big game should be at Gampel, which is on our college campus where colleges should play college sports.
I wonder how much you pay for your season tickets?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you want Gampel over XL you got it in this schedule. 2 XL games after 1/6.

7 real games total with a pre-season tax for season ticket holders ouch.

Reaction Score
DJxg2x6VYAE4igL.jpg:large
Except for Syracuse, no late games. I like that a lot!

Reaction Score
Every big game should be at Gampel, which is on our college campus where colleges should play college sports.
I thought this was how everyone felt. I'll never understand playing games at XL but that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon

Reaction Score
I thought this was how everyone felt. I'll never understand playing games at XL but that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon
It's been pointed out a million times on here.

1). More capacity so more money from ticket sales. It is a business after all.
2). Closer to most of the ticket holders that go to games and donate money. It's not that easy for most people in the state to get to Gampel for a work day game. UConn needs to keep the big donors happy.

I like the atmosphere of Gampel but the crowds and their enthusiasm for big games at XL Center is pretty good. Just less students.

Reaction Score

2). Closer to most of the ticket holders that go to games and donate money. It's not that easy for most people in the state to get to Gampel for a work day game. UConn needs to keep the big donors happy.

I like the atmosphere of Gampel but the crowds and their enthusiasm for big games at XL Center is pretty good. Just less students.
I get all the reasoning and that in the end money talks. But as a former student, I'll always think every home game should be on campus

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But the market isn't supporting on-campus games. Look at the lower bowl during mid-week games. Tons of empty seats even though they are already sold for big bucks. Maybe AD Dave can find a creative way to fill those seats.

Reaction Score
Let's face it. The "real network" exposure (espn/cbs) is way down from 5 years ago. The SNY games make sense. Need to re build the brand. Aka win.

Reaction Score
Let's face it. The "real network" exposure (espn/cbs) is way down from 5 years ago. The SNY games make sense. Need to re build the brand. Aka win.

It's down for the first time this year.

It has been even or up until this year. Go back and check it out. 16-15 games for the first 4 years of the AAC. Now we're down to 11 games.

(I'm including ESPN2 so it has an even bigger subscriber base than ESPN, and also Fox [not FS1 or FS2]).

Reaction Score

No offense, I get where you are coming from BUT...

This last paragraph shows how many in Connecticut do not "get" college sports.

Reaction Score
No offense, I get where you are coming from BUT...

This last paragraph shows how many in Connecticut do not "get" college sports.
I hear you. But the days when college sports were all for the students died a long time ago. Too much money in college sports. It's a business now. It's like that everywhere.

Reaction Score
I hear you. But the days when college sports were all for the students died a long time ago. Too much money in college sports. It's a business now. It's like that everywhere.

Almost every other school plays all their sports on campus, just saying...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom