Schedule Released | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Schedule Released

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It feels like they're listening ... the scheduling of directional carolina/florida at XL on a Sunday is hopefully a thing of the past.

I have a feeling our new athletic director has helped in that regard.

Compared to the past few years, this schedule looks like someone representing UConn said "NFW" to some of the past abuses involving the AAC's need to shoehorn UConn into network holes.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's a fantastic out of conference schedule and as far as the AAC goes, it's the best we could hope for given that it's not the Old Big East.

Network exposure seems to be pretty damn good as well.

The only complaint would be that most of the big time out of conference games are neutral site or away this season. But that's the new reality.

Reaction Score
You'd have to think nova would be on fox and zona espn

Assuming that's the case, UConn is now down to 11 games (9 for sure) on ESPN/ESPN2/CBS, fro 15 or 16 3 years ago.

Of course, if UConn is actually playing well, they may get picked up for more games.

Also, no more Texas trip after New Year's, but it's replaced with Tulsa.

You win that Tulsa game, and you set yourself up for a bunch of good home games, rip roaring into the conference schedule.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
At least there are Saturday home games. Noon isn't ideal, but it beats Sunday every which way.

That's a good point. I forgot about all those lousy Sunday games, like repressed memories.

Reaction Score
Terrance Samuel coming back to campus Feb 7th.
Has a former player ever played at Gampel? Think we'll do anything for him? It'd be cool to see a quick highlight pre game for him; he was an important part of our tournament run after all

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
You'd have to think nova would be on fox and zona espn

uconnhuskies.com has the Nova game as a CBS game; it could only be on Fox if the Big East team was the host. I'm somewhat concerned that Zona game gets slated for the Pac-12 Network.

Reaction Score
uconnhuskies.com has the Nova game as a CBS game; it could only be on Fox if the Big East team was the host. I'm somewhat concerned that Zona game gets slated for the Pac-12 Network.
Thought I saw ESPN2 for Arizona

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
First AAC game and it's vs WSU and its during Xmas break and at noon - at least it's on a Saturday
Wished for WSU match-ups to be at prime time on prime TV
Overall the schedule is good - that OOC is strong
These pups better be ready to play from the get go

Reaction Score
First AAC game and it's vs WSU and its during Xmas break and at noon - at least it's on a Saturday
Wished for WSU match-ups to be at prime time on prime TV
Overall the schedule is good - that OOC is strong
These pups better be ready to play from the get go

Yeah that's a Shocker!

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Zona, Cuse, Nova, Cinci x 2, Wichita St x 2, SMU, and Oregon... Plus a chance of seeing MSU and other elite programs if we get that first rd win which is absolutely critical as others have stated.

Can't say the team doesn't have opportunities for statement wins. And the travel doesn't look as bad as last year. Home games are all pretty decent timing even if some are noon starts. The December 30 home game vs WSU during break is the only somewhat annoying game.

I'm very pleased overall. Let's hope the team capitalizes on their big time opportunities.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
One thing to keep an eye on is midweek attendance at Gampel. A couple of those should have been put in XL.
They should just allow the kids in at halftime for half price

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pretty much every conference game at Gampel. Interesting
Well we have a brandy new ceiling to show off...

Reaction Score
We've played big games at noon at the XL going on a few years now. GTown, SMU, Cincy, Memphis all have been noon Saturday games

This, and the atmosphere at those games has been the best we have had for the past several years. Only one better was MSU in the elite 8 at MSG.

Reaction Score
Regardless of what happens OOC a legit shot @ 7-0 in the AAC heading to Temple.

I think we lose to Temple on the road. The Temple guards are way undervalued nationally especially with Josh Brown back at PG. Barring injury I think Temple could really surprise nationally. See the Top 25 at some point. That is good for us if Temple beats Nova ect...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom