Schedule is out! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Schedule is out!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Still have 5 games that are TBA and the UCF game which has nothing next to it, whatever that means. What games are on the Big 10 network or FS1?
With all of their games being on ESPN2, ESPN3, FS1, CBS-SN, and the Big 10 Network, (all of which I already get), I won't have to subscribe to the sports package on DirecTV this season (for an additional fee) in order to gain access to SNY. This season is looking better already!!! :cool:

I looked at the schedule below posted by Jim Fuller at 2:18 PM (11:18 pst) before making this comment. It's been corrected since, but this morning, when I clicked on the link, it took me to the 20117 schedule. That may have been where I saw a game (Michigan State) on the BIG 10 network. I'll go with the one from the UConn web-site.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

UConn's schedule is out
The opponents and some of the tip-off times have been known for quite some time but here is the entire regular-season schedule which was just released

The Huskies will also play a pair of preseason games, hosting Fort Hays at the XL Center on Nov. 1 and defending Division II national champion Ashland on Nov. 5 at Gampel Pavilion.

Nov. 12 vs. Stanford (Nationwide Arena, Columbus, Ohio), 1:30 p.m. ESPN
Nov. 17 California (Gampel), 7 p.m. SNY
Nov. 19 vs. Maryland (XL Center), 1:30 p.m. ESPN
Nov. 21 at UCLA, 10:30 p.m. ESPNUNov. 25 vs. Michigan State (at Eugene, Oregon), 3 p.m.
Nov. 28 at Nevada, 9 p.m. CBS SN
Dec. 3 Notre Dame (XL Center), 4 p.m. ESPN
Dec. 8 at DePaul FS1
Dec. 19 vs. Oklahoma (Mohegan Sun Arena), 7 p.m. CBS Sports Network
Dec. 22 vs. Duquesne (Mattamy Athletic Centre), 7 p.m. SNY
Dec. 31 Memphis (XL Center), 1:30 p.m. SNY
Jan. 3 at East Carolina, 7 p.m. SNY
Jan, 6 at South Florida, 7 p.m. SNY
Jan. 9 UCF (Gampel), 7 p.m. SNY
Jan. 13 at Houston, 3 p.m. SNY
Jan. 15 at Texas, 7 p.m. ESPN2
Jan. 18 Tulsa (Gampel), 7 p.m. SNY
Jan. 21 at Temple, 1 p.m. ESPN2
Jan. 24 at Memphis SNY
Jan. 27 Tulane (Gampel), noon SNY
Feb. 1 at South Carolina, 7 p.m. ESPN
Feb. 4 Cincinnati (XL Center), 1 p.m. SNY
Feb. 7 at UCF SNY
Feb. 10 Wichita State (XL Center), 1 p.m. SNY
Feb. 12 Louisville (Gampel), 7 p.m. ESPN
Feb. 18 Temple (XL Center), 2 p.m. CBS Sports Network
Feb. 21 at Tulane, 8 p.m. SNY
Feb. 24 at SMU SNY
Feb. 26 South Florida (Gampel), 7 p.m. ESPN2
0 Comments Links to this post

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
If SNY is broadcasting the game, and you don't get SNY, can you still watch the game on a TV? I also am under the impression that ESPN3 (ie., the WatchESPN app) is only applicable to computers and mobile devices (smart phones). I too would like to drop the DTV sports package.

I've been adding the sports package every year during UConn's basketball season, the canceling it the day of SNY's last broadcast. Last year it was $16.99 a month. A small price to pay to have access to all of their games. I've always watched the games on my BIG screen TV. But..............If I can watch it on my computer for free, I'll rough it. I have a 27" computer monitor. I'm only about 3 feet from the screen, so I'm good.
I'm assuming that I will be able to watch those games live. Every other sporting event I've watched on ESPN3 was live, unless I chose to watch a replay.

I'll pay to watch the games if I have to, but free is better!!

Carnac

Reaction Score
Still have 5 games that are TBA and the UCF game which has nothing next to it, whatever that means. What games are on the Big 10 network or FS1?

I was looking at last year's schedule. I used the link OLDALUM provided right after he posted it. It took me to last year's schedule, later it was corrected. Irealized something was wrong because they only had 24 games listed. Then I noticed it was the wrong schedule.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
If you bought the season ticket package for Gampel only, my condolences.

Remember that before the online seat selection process, no indication where the games were going to be played, Gampel or XL.

OK game versus Cal on November 17, and good game Louisville February 12. But no games in December, and three so so conference games in January. Also USF at Gampel Feb 26. But nothing like last year with Baylor, South Carolina, DePaul. This year Maryland, Notre Dame at XL.

Reaction Score
If you bought the season ticket package for Gampel only, my condolences.

Remember that before the online seat selection process, no indication where the games were going to be played, Gampel or XL.

OK game versus Cal on November 17, and good game Louisville February 12. But no games in December, and three so so conference games in January. Also USF at Gampel Feb 26. But nothing like last year with Baylor, South Carolina, DePaul. This year Maryland, Notre Dame at XL.
I held off on season tickets precisely because they didn't reveal which games were where. I had hopes of going to so many of these games, but it's a long drive (esp. to Hartford) and some conflicts. Hoping to pick up individual tickets to maybe 1/2 dozen. Don't know whether I'll be lucky.... Probably end up with more on TV than I would have liked.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Since the big games ( Maryland and Notre Dame) will be played at the XL Center, it would be nice and especially special if UConn would have shuttle buses bring the students to the game.

Reaction Score
I've been adding the sports package every year during UConn's basketball season, the canceling it the day of SNY's last broadcast. Last year it was $16.99 a month. A small price to pay to have access to all of their games. I've always watched the games on my BIG screen TV. But....If I can watch it on my computer for free, I'll rough it. I have a 27" computer monitor. I'm only about 3 feet from the screen, so I'm good.
I'm assuming that I will be able to watch those games live. Every other sporting event I've watched on ESPN3 was live, unless I chose to watch a replay.

I'll pay to watch the games if I have to, but free is better!!

Just remember Scoop that if you pay for the package to get SNY you will also get to watch all the additional programming like the Season Preview Show, The Geno Auriemma Show, UConn All Access, etc. that is not available on ESPN3.

Reaction Score
Anyone find it interesting that, for the first time I can ever remember, there is not a single evening game at the XL Center. Latest start time (pending the exhibitions) of an XL game is 4:30 pm on a weekend. I wonder why....

Carnac

Reaction Score
Just remember Scoop that if you pay for the package to get SNY you will also get to watch all the additional programming like the Season Preview Show, The Geno Auriemma Show, UConn All Access, etc. that is not available on ESPN3.

TT, you make a very compelling argument. I forgot about that those ancillary shows that support and whet our juices for the games. Upon further review, because I've come to enjoy, the pre and post game shows with Gary and Kara, the Geno Auriemma Show, and especially all-access, I'll be buying the sports package after all.

A real UConn fan would not want to miss-out on the news and information that can be gleaned from those shows throughout the season. Sometimes Geno lets us take a quick peek into his brain, and let's us see and hear what he's thinking and why. I know I won't get that on ESPN3.

Thanks. :cool:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Anyone find it interesting that, for the first time I can ever remember, there is not a single evening game at the XL Center. Latest start time (pending the exhibitions) of an XL game is 4:30 pm on a weekend. I wonder why....

Experience has shown that weekend afternoon games at the XL center draw great crowds, much better than evening games.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
By my count, 9 games will be on the ESPN TV networks (ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU), 3 games will be on CBSSN and 1 game on FS1. That's really good national exposure.

For the first time since Maya played, the schedule includes 3 non-conference games in January/February. That's also very good news.

All (AAC) things considered, this is a great schedule. Kudos to AD Dave Benedict's team.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Experience has shown that weekend afternoon games at the XL center draw great crowds, much better than evening games.

There's an old saying in show business............................"You've got to give the people what they want". It just makes good sense to have afternoon tip-offs if they will draw the largest possible crowds. More butts in the seats (potential new fans, i.e, children/teenagers) and more revenue.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Home games at Gampel

Cal
UCF
Tulane
Louisville
USF

Home games at XL

Maryland
Notre Dame
Memphis
Cincinnati
Wichita State
Tulsa

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
TT, you make a very compelling argument. I forgot about that those ancillary shows that support and whet our juices for the games. Upon further review, because I've come to enjoy, the pre and post game shows with Gary and Kara, the Geno Auriemma Show, and especially all-access, I'll be buying the sports package after all.

A real UConn fan would not want to miss-out on the news and information that can be gleaned from those shows throughout the season. Sometimes Geno lets us take a quick peek into his brain, and let's us see and hear what he's thinking and why. I know I won't get that on ESPN3.

Thanks. :cool:
I agree about the extra shows. I forgot to cancel the sports package last spring. So now I have access to a lot of regional sports networks and will turn to NESN to see a Sox game. Of course DTV says that I haven't paid for the channel or the game is blacked out (I live in NC so I get Mid-Atlantic sports). This even happens for WNBA games, even the Mystics and Dream games.
Oh well enough about how crappy DTV is... just glad that the games are on SNY and that I get to watch these games at least.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
At first glance, it appears the "bigger" games are at XL this season.
Cuts my 5 hour and 30 min drive down to 5 hours and 10 minutes! The one thing that I am disappointed by is they gave 2 games to the CBS Sports Network and I think FS1 actually does a much better job. Some years CBS tends to pick an analyst who shall remain nameless that clearly hates women's basketball. Like why?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
CBS get two games this year? BOOOOO... in the past, any game I've watched on CBS always missed the first 5-10 minutes because of what ever was on before it... They are bad at time management... I dislike missing any minutes from a Uconn game.

But the season seems to be right around the corner now. I can't wait. GO UCONN!!!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I made the mistake of booking some winter trips before seeing the schedule. I fly to Cabo on the day of the game at USF. I could have gone to Tampa instead. Orlando for UCF is still a possibility, as it falls between my Cancun and Pebble Beach trips. Who is going to the UCF game in Orlando?

Reaction Score
Way too early to worry about (but when has that ever stopped us?) but what about Senior Day/Night? Usually they like to do it on a Saturday to help out working parents. But there are no Saturday games in Gampel in February. Guess they will have to go with the last game which is USF on a Monday night.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Don't you have to use your computer to get ESPN3? It would be nice if they would get that on a regular TV channel. I never figured out how to watch those games on my smartTV...

Either way GREAT OOC schedule. Cannot wait for this season to start!!!

In addition to sources mentioned by others, the WatchESPN app is also available via an AppleTV (a device sold by Apple). It plugs it into your TV via an HDMI cable. WatchESPN is an available app and I've watched several games via the Apple TV on ESPN3, especially non-UConn games. However, for the UConn games, I'm sticking with my subscription to SNY via Directv.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In addition to sources mentioned by others, the WatchESPN app is also available via an AppleTV (a device sold by Apple). It plugs it into your TV via an HDMI cable. WatchESPN is an available app and I've watched several games via the Apple TV on ESPN3, especially non-UConn games. However, for the UConn games, I'm sticking with my subscription to SNY via Directv.
I think ATTUverse also has SNY correct? I have Spectrum cable and they do not. time to switch...

Reaction Score
Wow! Stanford, Cal, Maryland, and UCLA are the first four games. That's quite a baptism-by-fire for the four frosh!

Aren't you forgetting Ashland University?.......:eek:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Aren't you forgetting Ashland University?..:eek:

Anyone know how they pick which DII schools to play? I thought they'd generally play schools from the Northeast, but this year it's two midwestern schools. I don't see how they get together.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Way too early to worry about (but when has that ever stopped us?) but what about Senior Day/Night? Usually they like to do it on a Saturday to help out working parents. But there are no Saturday games in Gampel in February. Guess they will have to go with the last game which is USF on a Monday night.
It is probably the USF game. Maya's Senior Night was on a weeknight. I was there. I'm thinking about flying up to celebrate Kia and Gabby.

Reaction Score
Anyone have experience with single game ticket process? Living in south Central PA I just can't go to a lot of games. So I was hoping to go to a few with single game tickets. Today I got phone call from UCONN athletics trying to sell me season tickets...and telling me I can resell or donate tickets I can use. Good thought, but not really something I want to do, especially since I am late in the process and no lower level seats are available.

Any suggestions??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom