Schedule is out! | The Boneyard

Schedule is out!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
With all of their games being on ESPN2, ESPN3, CBS-SN (all of which I already get), I won't have to subscribe to the sports package on DirecTV this season (for an additional fee) in order to gain access to SNY. This season is looking better already!!! :cool:

OldAlum
scooped scoop. I was hoping to break this one, but he beat me to it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Unfortunate that USF is at the beginning and end of the conference schedule - would've been nice to have more AAC competition mixed in with the 3 non-conf games in Jan/Feb.

Reaction Score
With all of their games being on ESPN2, ESPN3, FS1, CBS-SN, and the Big 10 Network, (all of which I already get), I won't have to subscribe to the sports package on DirecTV this season (for an additional fee) in order to gain access to SNY. This season is looking better already!!! :cool:

Still have 5 games that are TBA and the UCF game which has nothing next to it, whatever that means. What games are on the Big 10 network or FS1?

Reaction Score
Unfortunate that USF is at the beginning and end of the conference schedule - would've been nice to have more AAC competition mixed in with the 3 non-conf games in Jan/Feb.

I always get a kick out of the AAC scheduling USF as the last conference game, like that game is going to have any implications on who the conference champion is going to be.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
With all of their games being on ESPN2, ESPN3, FS1, CBS-SN, and the Big 10 Network, (all of which I already get), I won't have to subscribe to the sports package on DirecTV this season (for an additional fee) in order to gain access to SNY. This season is looking better already!!! :cool:
Don't you have to use your computer to get ESPN3? It would be nice if they would get that on a regular TV channel. I never figured out how to watch those games on my smartTV...

Either way GREAT OOC schedule. Cannot wait for this season to start!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Don't you have to use your computer to get ESPN3? It would be nice if they would get that on a regular TV channel. I never figured out how to watch those games on my smartTV...

Ditto and ditto, though I've made myself a promise to get one of those plug in thing-a-majiggies that will allow it. Then I'm going to subscribe to a service that lets you get what you want and with great glee fire DTV. Alas, I know that everything else has more and less than you want too.

Ah, I long for the good old days:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

You'll miss some really high quality ancillary programming from SNY and you'll end up being scooped! :eek:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I dislike the early season Notre Dame games. For the next nearly 4 months Notre Dames fans talk about how they will be so much better by the time they meet in the NCAAs and they will be much more ready because they play in the tough ACC. Irish fans routinely ignore empirical evidence because they have the leprechaun and we don't. :D

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I dislike the early season Notre Dame games. For the next nearly 4 months Notre Dames fans talk about how they will be so much better by the time they meet in the NCAAs and they will be much more ready because they play in the tough ACC. Irish fans routinely ignore empirical evidence because they have the leprechaun and we don't. :D

I had "the leprechaun" once, but, some predinsone and a good ointment took care of it!:rolleyes:

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score

If you have a smart TV, maybe you already have or can add the Watch ESPN app to it? Through that, you should be able to watch the games on your TV. A Roku streaming stick will also help in this regard and it's like 30 or 40 bucks.

Failing that, an HDMI cord connecting your computer, which is displaying the game via Watch ESPN, to your TV works, too :) (Don't pay more than like ten bucks for a 6-foot cord.). It's not elegant but it gets the job done, too.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If SNY is broadcasting the game, and you don't get SNY, can you still watch the game on a TV? I also am under the impression that ESPN3 (ie., the WatchESPN app) is only applicable to computers and mobile devices (smart phones). I too would like to drop the DTV sports package.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I think I answered my own question but I have no idea what the SNIPE or ATTRACT icons are. Maybe I have the wrong Genie model. OT: I know I have a model that doesn't let me watch their 4K channel on my 4K TV...

DIRECTV subscribers can watch ESPN live content, ESPN3 streaming content, and ESPN On Demand content with the ESPN app.

To access the ESPN app on your TV:
  1. Tune in to any ESPN channel (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN NEWS, ESPNU, ESPN Classic, ESPN Deportes, Goal Line, Buzzer Beater, Bases Loaded, Longhorn Network, and SEC Network).
  2. When the SNIPE or ATTRACT icons appear, press the red button on your DIRECTV remote.

Note: The ESPN app is available on the Genie HR44 and HR54 receiver.

Reaction Score
I always schedule my annual trip to Florida to visit my niece to coincide with a
UConn game. I just wish they would schedule the USF and UCF away games
back to back so that I could watch two games instead of one.

It would be cheaper for the UConn travel budget too.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I imagine the Cal and UCLA games will also be on the PAC 12 Network.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If you have a smart TV, maybe you already have or can add the Watch ESPN app to it? Through that, you should be able to watch the games on your TV. A Roku streaming stick will also help in this regard and it's like 30 or 40 bucks.

Failing that, an HDMI cord connecting your computer, which is displaying the game via Watch ESPN, to your TV works, too :) (Don't pay more than like ten bucks for a 6-foot cord.). It's not elegant but it gets the job done, too.
oh that's a great idea. It already has Hulu, HBOgo, Netflix and a whole bunch of others. did not know i could simply "add" that as an "app" to my smart TV. thanks a latte!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Roku stick makes sense for me. My pup has a thing for testing everything with a few bites.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Wow! Stanford, Cal, Maryland, and UCLA are the first four games. That's quite a baptism-by-fire for the four frosh!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
As always, uconnhuskies.com is the most annoying-to-use website on the entire internet!

Yes, the format is atrocious.

DJoCV34VwAAjMgw.jpg

Reaction Score

Espn3 is watchespn on roku I believe.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I imagine the Cal and UCLA games will also be on the PAC 12 Network.
The UCLA game will be on Pac12, unless ESPN comes in swoops it up.
The Cal game is at Gampel and the Pac12 generally doesnt air road games away from Pac12 home arenas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom