1. Reminder: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

There’s a link in the top navigation bar for Amazon.com. Purchases made via this link help support The Boneyard. (Dismiss this notice by clicking the x at the top right of the box)
    Dismiss Notice

Schedule is out!

Discussion in 'UConn Women's Basketball' started by OldAlum, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Scoop

Scoop

I looked at the schedule below posted by Jim Fuller at 2:18 PM (11:18 pst) before making this comment. It's been corrected since, but this morning, when I clicked on the link, it took me to the 20117 schedule. That may have been where I saw a game (Michigan State) on the BIG 10 network. I'll go with the one from the UConn web-site.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

UConn's schedule is out
    The opponents and some of the tip-off times have been known for quite some time but here is the entire regular-season schedule which was just released

The Huskies will also play a pair of preseason games, hosting Fort Hays at the XL Center on Nov. 1 and defending Division II national champion Ashland on Nov. 5 at Gampel Pavilion.

Nov. 12 vs. Stanford (Nationwide Arena, Columbus, Ohio), 1:30 p.m. ESPN
    Nov. 17 California (Gampel), 7 p.m. SNY
    Nov. 19 vs. Maryland (XL Center), 1:30 p.m. ESPN
    Nov. 21 at UCLA, 10:30 p.m. ESPNUNov. 25 vs. Michigan State (at Eugene, Oregon), 3 p.m.
    Nov. 28 at Nevada, 9 p.m. CBS SN
    Dec. 3 Notre Dame (XL Center), 4 p.m. ESPN
    Dec. 8 at DePaul FS1
    Dec. 19 vs. Oklahoma (Mohegan Sun Arena), 7 p.m. CBS Sports Network
    Dec. 22 vs. Duquesne (Mattamy Athletic Centre), 7 p.m. SNY
    Dec. 31 Memphis (XL Center), 1:30 p.m. SNY
    Jan. 3 at East Carolina, 7 p.m. SNY
    Jan, 6 at South Florida, 7 p.m. SNY
    Jan. 9 UCF (Gampel), 7 p.m. SNY
    Jan. 13 at Houston, 3 p.m. SNY
    Jan. 15 at Texas, 7 p.m. ESPN2
    Jan. 18 Tulsa (Gampel), 7 p.m. SNY
    Jan. 21 at Temple, 1 p.m. ESPN2
    Jan. 24 at Memphis SNY
    Jan. 27 Tulane (Gampel), noon SNY
    Feb. 1 at South Carolina, 7 p.m. ESPN
    Feb. 4 Cincinnati (XL Center), 1 p.m. SNY
    Feb. 7 at UCF SNY
    Feb. 10 Wichita State (XL Center), 1 p.m. SNY
    Feb. 12 Louisville (Gampel), 7 p.m. ESPN
    Feb. 18 Temple (XL Center), 2 p.m. CBS Sports Network
    Feb. 21 at Tulane, 8 p.m. SNY
    Feb. 24 at SMU SNY
    Feb. 26 South Florida (Gampel), 7 p.m. ESPN2
    0 Comments Links to this post

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    mbr33ct likes this.
  2. Scoop

Scoop

I've been adding the sports package every year during UConn's basketball season, the canceling it the day of SNY's last broadcast. Last year it was $16.99 a month. A small price to pay to have access to all of their games. I've always watched the games on my BIG screen TV. But....If I can watch it on my computer for free, I'll rough it. I have a 27" computer monitor. I'm only about 3 feet from the screen, so I'm good.
    I'm assuming that I will be able to watch those games live. Every other sporting event I've watched on ESPN3 was live, unless I chose to watch a replay.

I'll pay to watch the games if I have to, but free is better!!

bags27 likes this.
  3. Scoop

Scoop

I was looking at last year's schedule. I used the link OLDALUM provided right after he posted it. It took me to last year's schedule, later it was corrected. Irealized something was wrong because they only had 24 games listed. Then I noticed it was the wrong schedule.

4. Huskee11

Huskee11

If you bought the season ticket package for Gampel only, my condolences.

Remember that before the online seat selection process, no indication where the games were going to be played, Gampel or XL.

OK game versus Cal on November 17, and good game Louisville February 12. But no games in December, and three so so conference games in January. Also USF at Gampel Feb 26. But nothing like last year with Baylor, South Carolina, DePaul. This year Maryland, Notre Dame at XL.

5. bags27

bags27

I held off on season tickets precisely because they didn't reveal which games were where. I had hopes of going to so many of these games, but it's a long drive (esp. to Hartford) and some conflicts. Hoping to pick up individual tickets to maybe 1/2 dozen. Don't know whether I'll be lucky.... Probably end up with more on TV than I would have liked.

Huskee11 likes this.
  6. Shorty Dee

Shorty Dee Number 1 UConn fan

Since the big games ( Maryland and Notre Dame) will be played at the XL Center, it would be nice and especially special if UConn would have shuttle buses bring the students to the game.

hoopsdiva and drweo like this.
  7. TitleTown

TitleTown

Just remember Scoop that if you pay for the package to get SNY you will also get to watch all the additional programming like the Season Preview Show, The Geno Auriemma Show, UConn All Access, etc. that is not available on ESPN3.

Scoop and bags27 like this.
  8. willingtonfan

willingtonfan

Anyone find it interesting that, for the first time I can ever remember, there is not a single evening game at the XL Center. Latest start time (pending the exhibitions) of an XL game is 4:30 pm on a weekend. I wonder why....

9. Scoop

Scoop

TT, you make a very compelling argument. I forgot about that those ancillary shows that support and whet our juices for the games. Upon further review, because I've come to enjoy, the pre and post game shows with Gary and Kara, the Geno Auriemma Show, and especially all-access, I'll be buying the sports package after all.

A real UConn fan would not want to miss-out on the news and information that can be gleaned from those shows throughout the season. Sometimes Geno lets us take a quick peek into his brain, and let's us see and hear what he's thinking and why. I know I won't get that on ESPN3.

Thanks. :cool:

TitleTown likes this.
  10. UConnCat

UConnCat Wise Woman

Experience has shown that weekend afternoon games at the XL center draw great crowds, much better than evening games.

Scoop likes this.
  11. UConnCat

UConnCat Wise Woman

By my count, 9 games will be on the ESPN TV networks (ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU), 3 games will be on CBSSN and 1 game on FS1. That's really good national exposure.

For the first time since Maya played, the schedule includes 3 non-conference games in January/February. That's also very good news.

All (AAC) things considered, this is a great schedule. Kudos to AD Dave Benedict's team.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    S1836, DavidinNaples, meyers7 and 2 others like this.
  12. Scoop

Scoop

There's an old saying in show business........"You've got to give the people what they want". It just makes good sense to have afternoon tip-offs if they will draw the largest possible crowds. More butts in the seats (potential new fans, i.e, children/teenagers) and more revenue.

UConnCat likes this.
  13. UConnCat

UConnCat Wise Woman

Home games at Gampel

Cal
    UCF
    Tulane
    Louisville
    USF

Home games at XL

Maryland
    Notre Dame
    Memphis
    Cincinnati
    Wichita State
    Tulsa

14. Centerstream

Centerstream

I agree about the extra shows. I forgot to cancel the sports package last spring. So now I have access to a lot of regional sports networks and will turn to NESN to see a Sox game. Of course DTV says that I haven't paid for the channel or the game is blacked out (I live in NC so I get Mid-Atlantic sports). This even happens for WNBA games, even the Mystics and Dream games.
    Oh well enough about how crappy DTV is... just glad that the games are on SNY and that I get to watch these games at least.

Scoop likes this.
  15. Nuyoika

Nuyoika Destroyer of Baked Goods

Cuts my 5 hour and 30 min drive down to 5 hours and 10 minutes! The one thing that I am disappointed by is they gave 2 games to the CBS Sports Network and I think FS1 actually does a much better job. Some years CBS tends to pick an analyst who shall remain nameless that clearly hates women's basketball. Like why?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  16. mdakota

mdakota

CBS get two games this year? BOOOOO... in the past, any game I've watched on CBS always missed the first 5-10 minutes because of what ever was on before it... They are bad at time management... I dislike missing any minutes from a Uconn game.

But the season seems to be right around the corner now. I can't wait. GO UCONN!!!!!

17. MilfordHusky

MilfordHusky Voice of Reason

I made the mistake of booking some winter trips before seeing the schedule. I fly to Cabo on the day of the game at USF. I could have gone to Tampa instead. Orlando for UCF is still a possibility, as it falls between my Cancun and Pebble Beach trips. Who is going to the UCF game in Orlando?

18. OldAlum

OldAlum

Way too early to worry about (but when has that ever stopped us?) but what about Senior Day/Night? Usually they like to do it on a Saturday to help out working parents. But there are no Saturday games in Gampel in February. Guess they will have to go with the last game which is USF on a Monday night.

19. RoyDodger

RoyDodger Retired in the Southwest

In addition to sources mentioned by others, the WatchESPN app is also available via an AppleTV (a device sold by Apple). It plugs it into your TV via an HDMI cable. WatchESPN is an available app and I've watched several games via the Apple TV on ESPN3, especially non-UConn games. However, for the UConn games, I'm sticking with my subscription to SNY via Directv.

Rixxx and EricLA like this.
  20. EricLA

EricLA Cronus

I think ATTUverse also has SNY correct? I have Spectrum cable and they do not. time to switch...

UCONNfan1 and MilfordHusky like this.
  21. Charliebball

Charliebball

Aren't you forgetting Ashland University?..:eek:

22. Bigboote

Bigboote

Anyone know how they pick which DII schools to play? I thought they'd generally play schools from the Northeast, but this year it's two midwestern schools. I don't see how they get together.

23. Charliebball

Charliebball

meyers7 and j66kicker like this.
  24. MilfordHusky

MilfordHusky Voice of Reason

It is probably the USF game. Maya's Senior Night was on a weeknight. I was there. I'm thinking about flying up to celebrate Kia and Gabby.

25. PAHuskeyFan

PAHuskeyFan

Anyone have experience with single game ticket process? Living in south Central PA I just can't go to a lot of games. So I was hoping to go to a few with single game tickets. Today I got phone call from UCONN athletics trying to sell me season tickets...and telling me I can resell or donate tickets I can use. Good thought, but not really something I want to do, especially since I am late in the process and no lower level seats are available.

Any suggestions??