Schedule is out! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Schedule is out!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The first two exhibition games are usually never broadcast on commercial TV. The last few years, UConn's first two exhibition games were only available via live stream through a subscription to CBSi Advanced Media. Last year, I subscribed for one month to have access. Anyone have any other information regarding being able to view these games perhaps through another source, or is CBSi still the only game in town?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Got a very nice text from a certain UConn players relative today. I will be getting one of the gazillion tickets needed for LouConn's (oh yeah and the rest of the Huskies) game at UCLA. Hope to meet some of the Left Coast BY'ers(or those making the trip to LA) at half time. Normally the visiting players tickets are the first 4-5 rows behind the UConn bench.:D:);):cool:

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
I've been adding the sports package every year during UConn's basketball season, the canceling it the day of SNY's last broadcast. Last year it was $16.99 a month. A small price to pay to have access to all of their games. I've always watched the games on my BIG screen TV. But....If I can watch it on my computer for free, I'll rough it. I have a 27" computer monitor. I'm only about 3 feet from the screen, so I'm good.
I'm assuming that I will be able to watch those games live. Every other sporting event I've watched on ESPN3 was live, unless I chose to watch a replay.

I'll pay to watch the games if I have to, but free is better!!

Try your local outfit that does big screen TV and audio installs. They can quote using a Miracast dongle which plugs into the back of your set. With that setup, you can watch what's playing on your computer on your TV.

I'm sticking with the sports package on DirecTV as it only costs me $6.95 a month.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Got a very nice text from a certain UConn players relative today. I will be getting one of the gazillion tickets needed for LouConn's (oh yeah and the rest of the Huskies) game at UCLA. Hope to meet some of the Left Coast BY'ers(or those making the trip to LA) at half time. Normally the visiting players tickets are the first 4-5 rows behind the UConn bench.:D:);):cool:

No need to rub it in. LOL Like McDonald's says...........YOU deserve a break today, and it appears you got it, you lucky guy. I have my ticket, and I'll see you there. I wish I was sitting in your section. I'll be in the cheap seats, on the second level on the other side of the court, probably right in the middle of Bruinville. I'll be enjoying the game though as much as you will, as this is a game UConn should win going away.

The team will have 3 days off between this Tuesday game, and their date with Michigan State on Saturday in Eugene Oregon, maybe the staff will take the team to Disneyland or Universal Studios in Hollywood Wednesday, and leave for Oregon on Thursday.

Most of the girls probably have never been to either of these attractions, and would relish the opportunity. Since they travel via charter, this would fit very nicely into their travel plans, and would be another opportunity for the team to bond.

Last edited by a moderator:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have my tickets. Looking forward to meeting you. Go Lou!!!!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UConn's schedule accomplishes a couple of important things: First, it minimizes the the issue of the weak conference as UConn's non-conference schedule is the toughest in the country. Second, it removes the argument that UConn doesn't play elite competition after January 1; UConn will play Texas in January and both Louisville and South Carolina in February.

Reaction Score
Anyone have experience with single game ticket process? Living in south Central PA I just can't go to a lot of games. So I was hoping to go to a few with single game tickets. Today I got phone call from UCONN athletics trying to sell me season tickets...and telling me I can resell or donate tickets I can use. Good thought, but not really something I want to do, especially since I am late in the process and no lower level seats are available.

Any suggestions??
You should not have a problem getting single game tickets for most games with probably Notre Dame and perhaps Louisville being the exceptions. Check the uconnhuskies website regularly and call the ticket rep back to make sure you get the emails. Usually before single games go on sale uconn offers flex packs of 3 games or something similar. Games in November and December are usually easier to get. Good luck. Don't forget the secondary market like stub hub and eBay. And Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Sun., Nov. 12 vs.
stan-sm.png
Stanford Nationwide Arena, Columbus, Ohio 1:30 p.m.
TV:
espn_s.png
RADIO: UCONN/IMG RADIO NETWORK

Isn't this the day for the mass boycott of NFL games?
We might be on every station.:D

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Wow! Stanford, Cal, Maryland, and UCLA are the first four games. That's quite a baptism-by-fire for the four frosh!
I think they will be doing the same thing most BYers will be doing. Sitting and watching the games. If they play that would mean one of two things or both. Uconn will have big leads or the freshmen will have earned the trust of the coaching staff. I hope the former and latter is true.

Carnac

Reaction Score
UConn's schedule accomplishes a couple of important things: First, it minimizes the the issue of the weak conference as UConn's non-conference schedule is the toughest in the country. Second, it removes the argument that UConn doesn't play elite competition after January 1; UConn will play Texas in January and both Louisville and South Carolina in February.

The idea of scheduling ranked programs during January and February is one I like. Not only does it break up the monotony of AAC competition, it also gives the team and the fans something to look forward to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom