SCar vs Duke | Page 7 | The Boneyard

SCar vs Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not pretty but a fun game. And the competing crowds made it feel like an old school high school game. Great heart by sc.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Strange reaction by SC. Did they never win a big game before? ESPN tripping all over themselves giving SC credit for a total choke job by Duke. The Duke girl was waiting to get fouled and forgot to push the ball up the court. Then she dribbles to the sideline and trapped herself. Incredibly bad job. But I agree with the earlier sentiment of SC staying the #1 until we play them. That's OK with me.

Reaction Score
Why is SC jumping around like they won the National Championship?

This was their first true road game and it was against Duke. Heck if I was able to beat Duke in a game of checkers, you bet I would be jumping around like South Carolina too

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I disagree. SC is not a #1 team.

Besides, SC was only #1 in the writers poll. ND was #1 and SC was #2 in the coaches poll.

Draw your own conclusions after this weekend's games. #3 UCONN (both polls) handles #1 ND (coach's poll, #2 writer's poll).

Yes, even Lawson at halftime mentioned that SC is a work in progress. They will be much better than they are now. Not a number one team yet.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Key play for Duke was the missed layup and subsequent foul. The turnover with 10 seconds left didn't help either. You don't go towards the sidelines with 10 seconds left. Ends up being another player for South Carolina.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
These teams score 50 points against each other. ND or UCONN holds the in the 40s while scoring 60 and 70.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
She should be pretty damn smart by now, no?

Reaction Score
I just don't get it. No TO before she was trapped? No TO when she was trapped? No TO after the made basket?

I don't see how they ever win a close game.

Reaction Score
Totally ridiculous loss for Duke. A prayer three point shot that just showed to me how inept South Carolina is offensively! Off balance, forced three that goes on. Sheer luck! Then Duke player getting herself in a stupid location and playing like it's her first game ever, being bewildered and befuddled and having someone just come up and take the ball right out of your hands. Then S. Carolina runs a bad offensive set and somehow Wilson's a rebound bounce right back at her and manages to bank it in. I can assure you that just because a team is undefeated doesn't make them better than teams that have lost. Anyone that votes South Carolina as the top team in the country should really not deserve to continue to have a vote in those major polls.

Reaction Score
I was rooting for Duke, I know, I know. Great game, too bad Duke snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Bad mistake at the end.

Reaction Score
We'll see. Not if anyone watched the game. UCONN beats both these teams by 20+. ND beats them by 10+.
I totally agree we and ND would win by those margins, or more. Just predicting the polls. I think SC stays #1 in one, could even move to #1 in the other.

Reaction Score
Yes but what's up with that crowd? The students only show up when the #1 team is UCONN?

They're about to take final exams I assume. At a smallish school where academics are really important.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Weird game. Why on earth didn't Coach P call a timeout after Wilson scored? Basically gave up the game right there.

South Carolina celebrated like they won the championship even though it's a non-conference game they were expected to win. I don't think there was a handshake after USC went nuts after Wilson hit the shot. Exciting finish, I wonder if they'll stay #1.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
WCBB may well keep SoCar #1 but it will be only because that it generates interest. SoCar is not a good team and we know how well Duke has played against UCONN for 5 years.

Reaction Score
I just don't get it. No TO before she was trapped? No TO when she was trapped? No TO after the made basket?

I don't see how they ever win a close game.
She wasn't trapped. Before she even got trapped she was stripped of the ball.
But the non-To at the end was odd.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I totally agree we and ND would win by those margins, or more. Just predicting the polls. I think SC stays #1 in one, could even move to #1 in the other.

Yes they would. Couldn't believe 51-50 score. And I wouldn't consider it a "true" road game when your fans seem to outnumber the opponents in the opponents home arena. Let them play in a really hostile environment like we did yesterday.

Reaction Score
Staley looked completely lost during the final two time outs, and contributed very little input other than during the time outs. She's not ready for close games against good teams, and Duke is not a good team. She reminded me of Gail G when she was coaching. They had to call another time out right away because her team didn't know what to do with the ball. I'd put SC near #4 in the rankings because they haven't proved anything yet.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
UConn has a shot to look like the #1 team in the country BY COMPARISON ONLY when the Huskies host Duke in Hartford on 12/29. A convincing win would accomplish just that.

Right now, I'll give both teams credit for a far more entertaining second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom