SCar vs Duke | Page 8 | The Boneyard

SCar vs Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
One other note: if poor Greenwell needs someone to console her for that steal resulting in the winning bucket for SC, well, I'll happily be a shoulder for that cutie to cry on...

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Yes but what's up with that crowd? The students only show up when the #1 team is UCONN?
Our thousands of fans got there early and took the general admission seats where Duke students usually sit. This was a sample of the size of our fan base for the NCAAT.

HuskyJohn

Popular poster
Reaction Score
I can't but help but agree with many who have posted suggesting that the UCONN women's fear-factor should not be increased from having watched the USC-Duke game. However, I cannot but be impressed by Rebecca Lobo's evolvement as an ESPN commentator. I'm sure that she must know in her heart that UCONN at this point has to be substantial favorite in the February matchup. Nonetheless, Rebecca said she see's that February game as being "one heck of a battle." We'll see.

Last edited:

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Rebecca holds on to that ball another second or two, and she gets to the line. Why you dribble near the sideline, I don't know. Just Duke doing Duke things. Will say this though. I am looking forward to Williams versus Stokes.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Because they know they just started a meltdown on The Boneyard???

:D

SC has been exposed. That was the saddest display of lack of prowess by both teams. I could not believe that I was looking at the #1 team in the nation. If they remain #1, and they may, they certainly did not win a lot of respect with the poor performance today.

Reaction Score
That was like watching southern play UNH! Uconn and possiby ND would run these possers out of the gym! Do not get all the love for s carolina 51 points againt DUKE!!!!!!! LOL

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Totally ridiculous loss for Duke. A prayer three point shot that just showed to me how inept South Carolina is offensively! Off balance, forced three that goes on. Sheer luck! Then Duke player getting herself in a stupid location and playing like it's her first game ever, being bewildered and befuddled and having someone just come up and take the ball right out of your hands. Then S. Carolina runs a bad offensive set and somehow Wilson's a rebound bounce right back at her and manages to bank it in. I can assure you that just because a team is undefeated doesn't make them better than teams that have lost. Anyone that votes South Carolina as the top team in the country should really not deserve to continue to have a vote in those major polls.

Yet a team that lost to a two-loss team should be number 1?

USC has not yet lost the number 1 ranking, and UCONN has not yet earned the number 1 ranking, although I agree that UCONN is the best team in the country. UCONN will have the opportunity to prove that they deserve the #1 ranking on Feb 9, although it may happen sooner.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
That was like watching southern play UNH! Uconn and possiby ND would run these possers out of the gym! Do not get all the love for s carolina 51 points againt DUKE!!!!!!! LOL

UCONN lost to two-loss, #8 ranked Stanford on the road. USC beat #9 Duke onthe road.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I hope to see Texas move to number 3 this week. I believe Texas to be better than ND

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Uh, ET...The best team in the country SHOULD have the number one ranking. That is what rankings are all about. Or spozed to be.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Think we should be careful with proclamations of UConn destroying these teams. Yes, it was mostly ugly basketball but they're going to ugly up the games against the Huskies as well. Duke's sheer size can make any game an issue as it did this one. I thought SC had more offensive weapons and would pull away but it never happened. Duke has almost no clue what to do in the halfcourt offensively. But they can win games just with offensive rebounds and putbacks. Ironic to see them lose that way today.

Reaction Score
getting a little creepy - older guy saying this about a college kid...JMO

Seriously. And it's not the first time these type of comments have been made about a young woman from this poster.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
ASweet3781 said:
Seriously. And it's not the first time these type of comments have been made about a young woman from this poster.
And will continue. If I think someone's attractive, I'll say so. Deal with it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Think we should be careful with proclamations of UConn destroying these teams. Yes, it was mostly ugly basketball but they're going to ugly up the games against the Huskies as well. Duke's sheer size can make any game an issue as it did this one. I thought SC had more offensive weapons and would pull away but it never happened. Duke has almost no clue what to do in the halfcourt offensively. But they can win games just with offensive rebounds and putbacks. Ironic to see them lose that way today.
No, it was vastly worse than that.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
OldAlum said:
getting a little creepy - older guy saying this about a college kid...JMO
36 year old saying something about a young adult. Feel free to go be creeped out.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
crying_dog_zpsedfff50e.gif

that hurt :oops:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This game reminded me of the Xavier-Duke game in Dec 2011... low scoring... ugly..... not much offensive flow.... but a tight game throughout with an exciting last minute or so of the game. Its one thing to see these girls on TV.... but in person... #33, #41, and #22 for South Carolina are HUGE :eek:

Wow. It actually happens pretty much all the time, for most sports, and have been done for decades if not generations. Adding an inch here, or 10 lbs there. Mostly referring to football and men's basketball, so don't hold me hard for wcbb, but it's far more common than your above post implies....

Im sure it happens....... but even so.... Duke has a tall roster... even if you take an inch off of everyones height.

Duke looking pretty good. Announcer mentioned she thinks there are as many SC fans there as Duke

I was completely surrounded by South Carolina fans in the lower levels..... Im sure Duke had more fans than the chickens overall.... but most of the Duke fans were in the upper section. The chickens got into the lower level general admission seats early and packed that area before the Duke fans had much of a chance...... and they packed the lower reserved sections as well. They were definitely louder pre-game... and in the first half.... but the Duke fans stepped up in the second half. All in all.. it was a GREAT atmosphere to be a part of.... the chickens really support their squad.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Where are all our South Carolina posters now? :)

Maybe they will get it together in the second half, but I haven't been impressed so far. It's not like Duke is playing out of their minds or South Carolina is getting terrible calls or anything...I've just seen a lot of bad, rushed shots, no outside threats whatsoever, and Wilson hasn't done much at all.
We were at the game. There were thousands of Gamecocks fans in Durham today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom