SCar vs Duke | The Boneyard

SCar vs Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
1) Is Williams still out?
2)If she is out, does Duke have a prayer?
3) If Williams is out, by how much will SCar have to win to hold onto the number one ranking, after the spanking the Huskies gave ND today?

Reaction Score
South Carolina will only need to win by 1 or 101 it's irrelevant. UConn will for sure get some #1 votes, but UConn has a loss already and I don't think it's fair to knock down an undefeated team that will have just won on the road against a top 10 team.

Reaction Score
I hope they stay undefeated until UCONN plays them. Spank, spank, spank the number one team.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
SCs strongest opponent has been Syracuse, who they managed to beat by four points. Doesn't seem too impressive.

Reaction Score
If they kill Duke tomorrow can we let this controversy die? Please? UConn lost to a team that already has more losses than they do. They need to earn their way back up to the #1 spot. Today was a good start, but should not be a given.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I just took a look at SCs schedule. Looks like the only possible losses before the UConn game (after tomorrow) might be to Kentucky and/or TAMU. So it is entirely possible that Reno Tony will get his wish and they will be undefeated when we play them. And I agree with Tony; I'd like to see it. Incidentally, for all the hand-wringing about the weak competition UConn will face in the AAC, the SEC does not look all that much stronger.

Reaction Score
If they kill Duke tomorrow can we let this controversy die? Please? UConn lost to a team that already has more losses than they do. They need to earn their way back up to the #1 spot. Today was a good start, but should not be a given.
No, No, NO! USC is the next victim on the list. Losing to Stanford was GOOD, Stanford played their part in our growth.
Me thinks you mistake #1 in the polls for #1 BBall team in the nation. USC has a number they will lose the the #1 team in the nation.

Reaction Score
No, No, NO! USC is the next victim on the list. Losing to Stanford was GOOD, Stanford played their part in our growth.
Me thinks you mistake #1 in the polls for #1 BBall team in the nation. USC has a number they will lose the the #1 team in the nation.
If South Carolina (no one ever calls them USC - there is only one Troy) loses tomorrow then UConn will be the unanimous #1. If South Carolina wins by whatever margin, I think they retain their #1 ranking. UConn will get a lot of #1 votes, however. There will be some that will discount UConn's win by saying that ND isn't really the #2 team in the nation and that they are closer to a hamstrung Duke than South Carolina. We shall see, but I expect UConn to be the #2 team by a fairly slim margin come Monday afternoon.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I certainly think if ND had won today by 2 points ND would have passed SC into first because they would have a very impressive win. I certainly think Uconn and SC will be very closely ranked if SC wins tomorrow with either one being a legitimate #1 selection.
Early in the year with most wins being inconsequential and most ranking being based on 'reputation' only a significant win is important - beating the #2 team is significantly better than beating the #9 team.

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
I certainly think if ND had won today by 2 points ND would have passed SC into first because they would have a very impressive win. I certainly think Uconn and SC will be very closely ranked if SC wins tomorrow with either one being a legitimate #1 selection.
Early in the year with most wins being inconsequential and most ranking being based on 'reputation' only a significant win is important - beating the #2 team is significantly better than beating the #9 team.
If ND would have won today they would be undefeated, and there wouldn't be a strong case to keep them from passing So Carolina for #1.

Reaction Score
The question is, is it better to beat the #2 team down their 2nd best scorer more impressive than beating the #9 team down a couple of players? At some point it becomes noise and I'm OK with UConn being the #2 team if South Carolina wins at Duke tomorrow whether they do so by 1 or 51.

Reaction Score
The question is, is it better to beat the #2 team down their 2nd best scorer more impressive than beating the #9 team down a couple of players? At some point it becomes noise and I'm OK with UConn being the #2 team if South Carolina wins at Duke tomorrow whether they do so by 1 or 51.
I think the question is, is it better to have not lost any games, or to have lost to a team which now has 2 losses. IMO So Carolina deserves their ranking as long as they don't lose

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Texas, TAMU, NCU, L'ville, California, Rutgers, Oregon State, Nebraska, Ga, Miss ST and Arlamsas are also all undefeated. And they have played just as tough a sched as SC. Does that make them ALL #1? Jes wondrin.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think the question is, is it better to have not lost any games, or to have lost to a team which now has 2 losses. IMO So Carolina deserves their ranking as long as they don't lose
So does that mean that Texas, Texas A&M, Louisville, and North Carolina should all be moving ahead of both ND and Uconn?

Reaction Score
Texas, TAMU, NCU, L'ville, California, Rutgers, Oregon State, Nebraska, Ga, Miss ST and Arlamsas are also all undefeated. And they have played just as tough a sched as SC. Does that make them ALL #1? Jes wondrin.
Exactly.

Reaction Score
Lots of homerism as one would expect, but UConn needs to earn the #1. Coach would say the same thing, and I'm guessing those that disagree have not coached teams to 9 championships.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I think our guards will eat Duke's for lunch on Sunday. I'm in Durham already so the roosters will be here in force. I'm interested in seeing how we perform in a hostile venue.

Reaction Score
I think our guards will eat Duke's for lunch on Sunday. I'm in Durham already so the roosters will be here in force. I'm interested in seeing how we perform in a hostile venue.

I would be shocked if South Carolina does not beat Duke by at least 20 points tomorrow.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not nearly as excited about this game as I was a week ago, but I at least hope it will be competitive. Sounds like alot of chickens will be up in Cameron..... hope they dont have alot of reasons to cluck during or after the game.

If Duke's official roster can be believed, all but 2-3 players on their team are 6-0 or taller. I expect Duke to implement a zone defense similar to all but one opponent that USC has faced this season. ...

How many official roster's lie ?
scratch.gif

HGN

Reaction Score
And lets not forget that UConn beat the #2 team by 18 on the road...In South Bend.... No small factor.

Reaction Score
Not nearly as excited about this game as I was a week ago, but I at least hope it will be competitive. Sounds like alot of chickens will be up in Cameron..... hope they dont have alot of reasons to cluck during or after the game.

How many official roster's lie ? View attachment 7805
Pretty much all of them, regarding height

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member