SCar vs Duke | Page 4 | The Boneyard

SCar vs Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who held their breath when Greenwell came down from that layup?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Williams with some nice blocks so far.

Wilson wear her shorts shorter than any basketball player I've seen in a while. (Again, doesn't matter. Just an observation.)

Geno & CD would not allow this ... rolling over the waistbands, tucking in the shoulders ... ugh. Hate when kids do this ... it won't make you play better. Just do what UConn WBB does and tailor the unis. Crisp, clean, professional.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing that when the Duke player recovered the block shot her right foot was close to the baseline and Dawn was saying she stepped out. That's the only thing I could think of after that sequence. Unfortunately I am not recording so I can't go back to watch.
You are correct! They just showed it during halftime and I watched it a few times. She steps out and then she was the first person to touch the ball. A no no.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Wowzers. These are top ten teams? SC is number one? OK. A pig just flew into my picture window.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Where are all our South Carolina posters now? :)

Maybe they will get it together in the second half, but I haven't been impressed so far. It's not like Duke is playing out of their minds or South Carolina is getting terrible calls or anything...I've just seen a lot of bad, rushed shots, no outside threats whatsoever, and Wilson hasn't done much at all.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
There should be a stat for the worst decisions made in a game. There would be a lot of leaders for that stat in this game.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Duke is rebounding well. South Carolina is defending well. Nobody is doing a great job getting its teams open shots that they're traditionally good at making.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Pam Ward: "We really don't have a lot of highlights to show you."

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Duke gettin' punched in the mouth.. will they respond or fold.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I hate to denigrate a kid, but in 2011, there was a lot of talk as to whether KML or EW was better. That discussion is laughable.

Reaction Score
South Carolina will only need to win by 1 or 101 it's irrelevant. UConn will for sure get some #1 votes, but UConn has a loss already and I don't think it's fair to knock down an undefeated team that will have just won on the road against a top 10 team.
I am looking at this game (at halftime now) and it is embarrassing that these are considered top ten teams. That has been one of the most pathetic examples of basketball that I've seen in a very long time. I recognize South Carolina is a pretty decent defensive team but man, this is setting women's college basketball back. I suppose though, there may be a few people who remember how bad the first half of that UConn Stanford championship was though we inevitably were saved by some stellar play by Maya and Caroline Doty. Hope that the second half goes much better.

Reaction Score
I hate to denigrate a kid, but in 2011, there was a lot of talk as to whether KML or EW was better. That discussion is laughable.
I agree and there has been a couple of other big centers that were reputed to be great basketball players that were very much the same. They seemed to get stellar numbers based on really, really weak and overmatched teams (and players) but against any decent and mobile player, their offensive skills were almost laughable.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Good lord people can we please have a score posted?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Duke is rushing everything they try to do. They want to score in transition, but aren't very good ball handlers in the open court. Passes are forced and rushed. The only thing that isn't hurried is closing down on open shooters at the arc. That they are doing in a rather deliberative tempo.

Reaction Score
Unanimous? I don't think so. ND may actually get a couple first place votes and UConn will certainly have some.
I so agree. How could anyone who knows anything about basketball watch the UConn/Notre Dame game and then watch the South Carolina /Duke game and not at least give considerable weight to the idea of giving the Huskies their first place vote. South Carolina played one of the most embarrassing halves of basketball that I've seen for any top rated basketball team. They're playing a little better but with the ineptness of Duke, they should have a commanding lead by now.

Reaction Score
These two are trying to drag the women's game back a few decades. Or should we just say they match up very well against each other.:rolleyes: Shooting percentages will be interesting.

PS. Re Staley, she is always p*ssed off; racing CViv for scowl of the year award.
She does come across as miserable, doesn't she?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I so agree. How could anyone who knows anything about basketball watch the UConn/Notre Dame game and then watch the South Carolina /Duke game and not at least give considerable weight to the idea of giving the Huskies their first place vote. South Carolina played one of the most embarrassing halves of basketball that I've seen for any top rated basketball team. They're playing a little better but with the ineptness of Duke, they should have a commanding lead by now.

The coach's poll had ND as #1 followed by SC and UCONN at #3.

Should be interesting because SC is struggling and not looking like a #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom