SC vs Duke | The Boneyard

SC vs Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Any predictions? I'm pulling for Duke in this one. I would like to see Baylor move up in the rankings but I hope that ND does not drop after that performance against UCONN, especially since they were down two starters.

Reaction Score
Since Duke's coach has such a knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, I think SC prevails.margin of 5-9 pts

Reaction Score
Very difficult for Duke to win in South Carolina with two freshman guards in the lineup.

Reaction Score
This game will be the biggest game we've played so far this year!! The crowd will be LOUD, mistakes will be MADE, and coaches will have to LEAD!! This is a REVENGE game ... I WANT this game!!

Reaction Score
This game will be the biggest game we've played so far this year!! The crowd will be LOUD, mistakes will be MADE, and coaches will have to LEAD!! This is a REVENGE game ... I WANT this game!!
I'd really like the Duke ladies to win this one.
Sorry, but if it was the men, not so much.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
First Impressions: watching back and forth with other events
2 competent, stacked teams.
Duke looks better than I ever remember them in the Mc period.
14-14 end of first quarter

In 2nd quarter: Salvadores is the real deal. jinx her way in, passes off, may be a freshman but she really isn't, is she?

The hot-shot kid from the Bronx on SC is still fast but looks like she put on 20 pounds.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
We can't hit free throws to save our life.

Reaction Score
South Carolina is NOT the 2nd best team this year. Refs are letting the bigs play inside (and I mean PLAY), but are calling every inside foul on guards. :confused:

Kyra Lambert is hooping. Kendal Cooper is hooping. Becca/Salvadores/Stevens are 4/17 (3 of our best 4 players). Yet only down 4.

Reaction Score
Cuevas still playing out of control, like last year.

Rebecca had a great halftime analysis of Mo denying the ball to Mabrey Jr in the second half yesterday, including the frustration & shoving - heh heh

Reaction Score
First Impressions: watching back and forth with other events
2 competent, stacked teams.
Duke looks better than I ever remember them in the Mc period.
14-14 end of first quarter

In 2nd quarter: Salvadores is the real deal. jinx her way in, passes off, may be a freshman but she really isn't, is she?

The hot-shot kid from the Bronx on SC is still fast but looks like she put on 20 pounds.
Boy, is she playing a tad out of control but the one constant is that she puts herself in position to make plays its on her to make the right decision. I LOVE the 2nd quarter shoving match between her and Sessions. Two complete backgrounds same toughness.

Reaction Score

Rebecca had a great halftime analysis of Mo denying the ball to Mabrey Jr in the second half yesterday, including the frustration & shoving - heh heh

Never been a Cuevas fan but she'll give you 2/3 good games a year. Lambert is really good.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score

This is in the second Q just 2-3 minutes after Mo had been assigned to Mabrey. In this one trip down the court you can see Mabrey shove Mo 3 times. I think Geno pointed it out to a ref soon after. They called her on it in the Third Q.

Reaction Score
South Carolina is NOT the 2nd best team this year. Refs are letting the bigs play inside (and I mean PLAY), but are calling every inside foul on guards. :confused:

Kyra Lambert is hooping. Kendal Cooper is hooping. Becca/Salvadores/Stevens are 4/17 (3 of our best 4 players). Yet only down 4.

South Carolina's bench have scored 0 points and we are now in the 4th quarter.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You know, for all the comments (not in this thread) that "so and so" is not the "2nd/3rd/whatever" best team in the nation, UCONN squeaked by a ND squad without 2 starters including their NPOY candidate. How do you think UCONN would have done without Stewie and Tuck in the game vs. ND?

I think UCONN is not as "good" as fans wanted to think (we aren't light years ahead of everyone else this year), and other teams, even though they play the game differently, aren't as far behind as we thought at the start of the year...

I also just want to add that certain teams are a horrible matchup for UCONN (OSU this year and Duke every year for example). For us, ND is a really hard match up. I think it's fair to say that you can't look at the MOV of any game when 2 rivals play the same opponent and say "we are that much better because we beat them by more"...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Given that pretty much everything is being run inside - and I don't think the defenses are "super great", it's easy to be critical of shooting percentages in the mid 30's for each team after 30 minutes of play. Just saying

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Salvadores is playing International basketball, kicks and punches are allowed.

Reaction Score
Salvadores is playing European basketball, kicks and punches are allowed.
Well she got T'd up just now - minor scuffle with Sessions/verbal scuffle with the ref

Reaction Score
You know, for all the comments (not in this thread) that "so and so" is not the "2nd/3rd/whatever" best team in the nation, UCONN squeaked by a ND squad without 2 starters including their NPOY candidate. How do you think UCONN would have done without Stewie and Tuck in the game vs. ND?

I think UCONN is not as "good" as fans wanted to think (we aren't light years ahead of everyone else this year), and other teams, even though they play the game differently, aren't as far behind as we thought at the start of the year...

UConn have two players out even though they are not of the same caliber as Reimer and Turner. The fact that ND scored 81 points on them is shocking. But they have GREAT coaching. That's the difference.

Reaction Score
5 minutes left an Duke should be up 10 but they just can't get out of their own way. SC is struggling on offense but only down 2. ND would have won by 20 on SC if they played them yesterday. If it is a close game at the end, I got my money on Dawn.

Reaction Score
5 minutes left an Duke should be up 10 but they just can't get out of their own way. SC is struggling on offense but only down 2. ND would have won by 20 on SC if they played them yesterday. If it is a close game at the end, I got my money on Dawn.
Coaching

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Jesus that was a beautiful pass from Cuevas to Coates...

Reaction Score
This is so sad. South carolina went on two 6+ minute offensive droughts yet we're down by double digits. Our offensive sets are so predicatable. Give Stevens the ball downlow. HELLO, we did just welcome five incoming guards. Coaching is the reason Duke would not be a top 25 team in my eyes. Just very bad coaching. Not once did we even try to extend pressure.

South Carolina is NOT the 2nd best team in the country
Duke is NOT a top 20 team because of our coach.

This is truly sad. We should of won by 15+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom