SC vs Duke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SC vs Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kyra Lambert. 16 points, 6-9 shooting, 2 turnovers. We ran a total of 4 plays the whole game for her. FOUR. FREAKING. PLAYS.

JPM is killing the game I love. This is sickening.

Reaction Score
The refs in this game are a joke.
Yes they were. I'm 99.9% sure JPM will jab them to deflect her own mistakes. Rebecca Greenwell, A KNOWN shooter shot ZERO jumpshots today. ZERO. ZERO. ZERO.

This is truly sad.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Good game Duke. Capitalize on a few missed opportunities and this would've been a very different outcome. The Blue Devils will get better as those good guards progress. SC really wanted Lambert, she's going to be great.

Reaction Score
UConn have two players out even though they are not of the same caliber as Reimer and Turner. The fact that ND scored 81 points on them is shocking. But they have GREAT coaching. That's the difference.

In the history of college basketball, has there ever been a team that hit 49% from the field, 65% from three (13 threes), scored over 80 points, and still lost by double digits. It is hard to imagine. ND would of beaten any other team by at least 20 yesterday.

Just that quick, a two point Duke lead is now a double digit deficit.

Reaction Score
Yes they were. I'm 99.9% sure JPM will jab them to deflect her own mistakes. Rebecca Greenwell, A KNOWN shooter shot ZERO jumpshots today. ZERO. ZERO. ZERO.

This is truly sad.
OK well two. She shot 2 3s. Everything else was inside forced layups. Result of the offensive sets and where she's placed on the floor.

Reaction Score
Good game Duke. Capitalize on a few missed opportunities and this would've been a very different outcome. The Blue Devils will get better as those good guards progress. SC really wanted Lambert, she's going to be great.
NO we wont. Our guards will progress but our offensive sets/schemes wont. We will continue to throw different defense sets at teams but stay in a simple minded offense. Good ugly win by South Carolina. I saw nothing encouraging from South Carolina, no jabs at all. Tiffany Mitchell does NOT look like her self. And the head down post drive will work on Duke and every undercoached team. Duke couldn't even pull off the upset on a overhyped South Carolina team (no jabs just facts) that went on 2 separate damn (sorry Uconn mod/ad) near full quarter scoring droughts. THIS. IS. SAD.

Ps.. Yall will be really good next year.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Like one of the posters here so adamantly mentioned.. SC may not be the #2 team in the country, our offense goes scary cold at times and our guard play is NOT up to par of a top 5 team, but I can appreciate a team that's able to fight through that and close out a game strong. SC is a team that usually comes on strong late in the game. If they sense lethargy late they increase the intensity.

We are nowhere near where we need to be right now, and nowhere near ready to challenge UCONN, but hopefully after our SEC schedule we'll be in a great shape for another deep tournament run. We still have enough time to pull it all together, but to go through growing pains while still winning is a GREAT thing...

Good luck the rest of the way to the Blue Devils.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
UConn have two players out even though they are not of the same caliber as Reimer and Turner. The fact that ND scored 81 points on them is shocking. But they have GREAT coaching. That's the difference.

I'm not a betting man but if I were, I would wager that absence of a recurring injury, Natalie Butler will be just as important and just as productive a player as Reimer or Turner. Some posters on the BY commented that the centers on Nebraska and Chattanooga are talented and looked good. If Butler is as good as either of them, (I believe she's better), she will be a big very important addition to the team.

Reaction Score

This is truly sad.
So how do you think UConn stacks up agains SC or Duke?

Reaction Score
USC has trouble scoring so I seriously doubt that they will be able to score enough to beat UCONN. There defense is pretty good, but UCONN will still score at least 80 points on them.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
You know, for all the comments (not in this thread) that "so and so" is not the "2nd/3rd/whatever" best team in the nation, UCONN squeaked by a ND squad without 2 starters including their NPOY candidate. How do you think UCONN would have done without Stewie and Tuck in the game vs. ND?

I think UCONN is not as "good" as fans wanted to think (we aren't light years ahead of everyone else this year), and other teams, even though they play the game differently, aren't as far behind as we thought at the start of the year...

I also just want to add that certain teams are a horrible matchup for UCONN (OSU this year and Duke every year for example). For us, ND is a really hard match up. I think it's fair to say that you can't look at the MOV of any game when 2 rivals play the same opponent and say "we are that much better because we beat them by more"...
Interesting choice of words for you here. Firstly I would love to know how many top 5 WCBB games you watched this year? I saw SCar "squeak" by OSU. ND "squeaked" by OSU Tenn has certainly "squeaked" by a few teams. I do not recall seeing UConn squeak by anyone. Please provide some context. Secondly, I find it a bit strange that you would suggest that frequent posters on the most active and most knowledable WCBB forum would only use MOV as a reason for a "second best/third best" argument. Give them more credit than that. If you have watched the games you'd know there are more reasons than MOV to argue that. Third, I ask you what would SCar have done without Wilson and Coates? If you just want to state thing without providing context (or complain as I call it) we have a thread for that, something about whine I believe is in the title.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Interesting choice of words for you here. Firstly I would love to know how many top 5 WCBB games you watched this year? I saw SCar "squeak" by OSU. ND "squeaked" by OSU Tenn has certainly "squeaked" by a few teams. I do not recall seeing UConn squeak by anyone. Please provide some context. Secondly, I find it a bit strange that you would suggest that frequent posters on the most active and most knowledable WCBB forum would only use MOV as a reason for a "second best/third best" argument. Give them more credit than that. If you have watched the games you'd know there are more reasons than MOV to argue that. Third, I ask you what would SCar have done without Wilson and Coates? If you just want to state thing without providing context (or complain as I call it) we have a thread for that, something about whine I believe is in the title.
:rolleyes: is all I can say. Too much insanity to get into it with you for sure! But I will say I've seen SC, ND, OSU, Oregon State and Baylor so far this year and I caught some of the Maryland game as well as former top 10 Tennessee...

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
:rolleyes: is all I can say. Too much insanity to get into it with you for sure! But I will say I've seen SC, ND, OSU, Oregon State and Baylor so far this year and I caught some of the Maryland game as well as former top 10 Tennessee...
I don't see it as something to "get into" SCGamecock already conceded to what I was getting at. Not really sure what to make of the "insanity" comment; and still no context, but that's typically the case in such posts.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
As always some good insight on here. The Gamecocks haven't looked pretty, but they keep winning. Duke has more talent so you have to put their loss on coaching. I have a new name for Joanne - Coach "T".

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
As always some good insight on here. The Gamecocks haven't looked pretty, but they keep winning. Duke has more talent so you have to put their loss on coaching. I have a new name for Joanne - Coach "T".
Winning ugly is in their comfort zone. That's the way they know how to get it done. A'ja is by far the best player on the team but it doesn't seem like Mitchell has worked her way back into her old self yet.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Winning ugly is in their comfort zone. That's the way they know how to get it done. A'ja is by far the best player on the team but it doesn't seem like Mitchell has worked her way back into her old self yet.

Mitchell is STRUGGLING. We need her back to form sooner rather than later. She had 12 points today but still had no real effect on the game.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Mitchell is STRUGGLING. We need her back to form sooner rather than later. She had 12 points today but still had no real effect on the game.
I mean it'd be nice to see her get around 16 a game. I think that should be all you need from her on average, but she doesn't even look like she is enjoying herself out there. The analysts on the game said that Staley says she is 100% though. Might be a conditioning type deal.

HGN

Reaction Score

This is truly sad.
JPM may have made a few misques if you will. But she has a legitimate gripe about the refs......They were terrible. I am no Duke fan but the Chickens laid a rotten egg today in their own backyard and the refs cleaned up the smell for them. IMHO , they didn't call it fairly on both ends.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I mean it'd be nice to see her get around 16 a game. I think that should be all you need from her on average, but she doesn't even look like she is enjoying herself out there. The analysts on the game said that Staley says she is 100% though. Might be a conditioning type deal.

It's possible that she's not back in top shape yet. I also understand a few players have had a bug so maybe she wasn't feeling well. It's clear that she's not in top form yet, but I know she will be when it counts.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
as of now, I'd have Wilson take Mitchell's AA slot.
I thought Kara Lawson was right when she was all over JPM for poor coaching at the end of the game (and in fact late in each quarter) -- with Coates shooting 36% on her free throws, they should have fouled her immediately and all over the place the last few minutes (or as much as feasible given the foul realities they faced).

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
as of now, I'd have Wilson take Mitchell's AA slot.
I thought Kara Lawson was right when she was all over JPM for poor coaching at the end of the game (and in fact late in each quarter) -- with Coates shooting 36% on her free throws, they should have fouled her immediately and all over the place the last few minutes (or as much as feasible given the foul realities they faced).

If Wilson keeps getting double doubles each night, scoring 20+ points then it'll inevitably happen. I believe she's currently on her 4/5 game straight of 20+ points and double figure boards. Right now, this is A'ja's team all the way.. you have to believe Tiffany turns it on at some point though.

Reaction Score
You know, for all the comments (not in this thread) that "so and so" is not the "2nd/3rd/whatever" best team in the nation, UCONN squeaked by a ND squad without 2 starters including their NPOY candidate. How do you think UCONN would have done without Stewie and Tuck in the game vs. ND?

I think UCONN is not as "good" as fans wanted to think (we aren't light years ahead of everyone else this year), and other teams, even though they play the game differently, aren't as far behind as we thought at the start of the year...

I also just want to add that certain teams are a horrible matchup for UCONN (OSU this year and Duke every year for example). For us, ND is a really hard match up. I think it's fair to say that you can't look at the MOV of any game when 2 rivals play the same opponent and say "we are that much better because we beat them by more"...

Heresy!!! Blasphemy~~!!! At this time of the Year I have to agree with you. To Me the player of the game was Moriah Jefferson, if she dosen't stop Mabrey 2--game over.
HOWEVER--the season is young, lots of time to fix what needs fixin and leave along that which isn't broke. Uconn has 2 Freshmen who are playing better than most of our previous freshmen. Nurse, Chong will get better--Butler is yet to be tried.
Comparing any teams playing the same team--just doesn't establish YOUR abilities--it's only an ego trip.
I like to ride out on the horse I rode in on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom