SC vs Duke | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SC vs Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You know, for all the comments (not in this thread) that "so and so" is not the "2nd/3rd/whatever" best team in the nation, UCONN squeaked by a ND squad without 2 starters including their NPOY candidate. How do you think UCONN would have done without Stewie and Tuck in the game vs. ND?

I think UCONN is not as "good" as fans wanted to think (we aren't light years ahead of everyone else this year), and other teams, even though they play the game differently, aren't as far behind as we thought at the start of the year...

I also just want to add that certain teams are a horrible matchup for UCONN (OSU this year and Duke every year for example). For us, ND is a really hard match up. I think it's fair to say that you can't look at the MOV of any game when 2 rivals play the same opponent and say "we are that much better because we beat them by more"...

They were up by 20 in the 4th quarter... UConn didn't squeak by. Yeah they coasted a bit and ND hit some more three's to cut it to 10, but the game wasn't in doubt after the 3rd quarter.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You know, for all the comments (not in this thread) that "so and so" is not the "2nd/3rd/whatever" best team in the nation, UCONN squeaked by a ND squad without 2 starters including their NPOY candidate. How do you think UCONN would have done without Stewie and Tuck in the game vs. ND?

I think UCONN is not as "good" as fans wanted to think (we aren't light years ahead of everyone else this year), and other teams, even though they play the game differently, aren't as far behind as we thought at the start of the year...

I also just want to add that certain teams are a horrible matchup for UCONN (OSU this year and Duke every year for example). For us, ND is a really hard match up. I think it's fair to say that you can't look at the MOV of any game when 2 rivals play the same opponent and say "we are that much better because we beat them by more"...

I guess our game against ND passes for a squeaker among tte UConn norm. Hardly a squeaker . I know ND was down two. Adding Butler, if she is any kind of player, will allow us different looks and depth. Beyond that, once UConn adjusted and had MoJeff play up on Maybrey, the game changed. They had hit a large % of 3s as did DePaul. I'm not saying we can't lose, I'm saying that teams will have to be red hot from outside the whole game because until someone shows otherwise, UConn is very hard to keep under 80.

Reaction Score
I'll say it again...this ND team had a better chance of winning than with the two big girls. Much easier to defense ND, which is UConn's strength (usually), with the slow Reemer and the brittle girl.

You're gonna see FSU and Mary-land try the same gameplan. SCAR can't shoot, so that will be a more traditional "run the slow girls into the ground."

Now, on to Palmolive...er...Colgate.

Reaction Score
NO we wont. Our guards will progress but our offensive sets/schemes wont. We will continue to throw different defense sets at teams but stay in a simple minded offense. Good ugly win by South Carolina. I saw nothing encouraging from South Carolina, no jabs at all. Tiffany Mitchell does NOT look like her self. And the head down post drive will work on Duke and every undercoached team. Duke couldn't even pull off the upset on a overhyped South Carolina team (no jabs just facts) that went on 2 separate damn (sorry Uconn mod/ad) near full quarter scoring droughts. THIS. IS. SAD.

Ps.. Yall will be really good next year.

I actually feel sorry for the Duke fans. Joey P. is not only incompetent but just not a nice person. The good news is that I hear TU will be looking for a new coach soon. Can coaches transfer??

Reaction Score
Only watched the first half, for what I saw, Wilson looked great. Big jump from fresh to soph year, she has big time potential.

Reaction Score
It would be interesting to see who will win between Tennessee and Duke right now. I would pick Duke because Tennessee is very dysfunctional and DD wouldn't be enough to get them over the hump.

Lexie Brown on JPM :

"I think she is going to make me into a great player, help me reach my full potential and help me reach all my personal goals as well as help me with the team goals. So I am really excited.”

Reaction Score
Lexie Brown on JPM :

"I think she is going to make me into a great player, help me reach my full potential and help me reach all my personal goals as well as help me with the team goals. So I am really excited.”
Good luck with that. But hey - at least she didn't transfer to TN :confused:

Reaction Score
I'll say it again...this ND team had a better chance of winning than with the two big girls. Much easier to defense ND, which is UConn's strength (usually), with the slow Reemer and the brittle girl.

You're gonna see FSU and Mary-land try the same gameplan. SCAR can't shoot, so that will be a more traditional "run the slow girls into the ground."

Now, on to Palmolive...er...Colgate.

upload_2015-12-7_16-41-45.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member