SC Postgame Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

SC Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking at the stats, our front line of Meg and ONO did OK, but our guards lost the game. OF course Danger was our best player, but CW and Anna were horrible and Aubrey an nonfactor.

Reaction Score
UConn is not one of those teams. They are clearly inferior to Baylor, Oregon and South Carolina.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing for much of this season but now I’m not at all sure. On paper the incoming freshman look great but we know how difficult it is for freshmen to impact a UConn team and none of next year’s returning players have yet proven that they are capable of stepping up in big games. Having said that I remain optimistic that MW, CW and Ono will show some heart and help get us back to another final four,
And Evina (stepping up next season)...

Reaction Score
For seeding, what is our best win this year? Depaul? Tenn? If I am seeding, I can't see above a 3 seed.
As of today, NC State & Maryland have become the teams picked to get the last #1 seed or early #2 seeds. But they have played NOBODY.
I think it is a long shot to make the Final 4, unless we get the last #1's regions. I don;t see us beating USC, Ore or Baylor. They are a level above everyone else.
We could be OK if we get the #2 seed vs. the last #1 team. But I agree that the big 3 might be too much of a challenge this season.

Reaction Score
so how did Temple only lose by 7 or 8 to South Carolina. And Indiana beat them. I guess hustle.

I don’t know about Temple, but I have seen Indiana play a few times. They’re pretty good and yes, you guessed, correctly - they do HUSTLE!!! They have junkyard dawgs on that team. They are not scared to get dirty on the court.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
So I’ll upset some here. Go back to starting Irwin and bring Anna off the bench. Anna played better once she had a feel for the game.

Reaction Score
I think they did regroup a little after that awful first quarter but it is eminently clear that we lack a true alpha on this team. Crystal has stepped up her scoring in the Oregon and this game but she is not really physically equipped to be that kind of player. It just seems as though everyone is wanting someone else to win the game and even when they actually get up the courage to do something, it is rushed and out of control. Having said that, I felt like Olivia really gave a big effort this game and really I felt that everyone settled down some after the first quarter. They were simply bigger, stronger, and wanted it more. I had some hope that Liv could run Boston off the court after I saw her huffing and puffing after the 1st but no one (except Crystal) could get any shots to fall. Onward and upward though! We still have some time for improvement and hopefully these losses will be the foundation for lots of soul-searching and individual improvement over the summer. We are still a very good team and hopefully, Geno and CD can work some magic these last weeks and help these kids learn to play their game in big games as well as the ones we are favored to win. I love this team!

Reaction Score
My money, as it was at the start of the year, is on Oregon. My opinion hasn't changed. I had Baylor last year and Oregon this year.
I think it will be a 3 horse race (SC, Baylor, Oregon), and really can’t pick a favorite. We are no where near that level this year.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
While UConn doesn't have any signature wins, the Huskies don't have any bad losses either. So long as it stays that way, UConn should be a 2 seed.

Tonight was a "bad loss."
Oregon was a "bad loss"

Perhaps not in the sense of playing a ranked team...
But in the real world.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Geno has said many times, “if there’s a championship out there, I want to win it”.
He also said: “We stopped counting Conference championships a long time ago. “

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Tonight was a "bad loss."
Oregon was a "bad loss"

Perhaps not in the sense of playing a ranked team...
But in the real world.
Baylor was a bad loss too

But I take comfort in knowing that three of the BEST teams this year beat us, even if they were bad beatings. Hopefully we move on, play hard and have fun going forward and see where that takes us.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I felt like Olivia really gave a big effort this game and really I felt that everyone settled down some after the first quarter. They were simply bigger, stronger, and wanted it more. I had some hope that Liv could run Boston off the court after I saw her huffing and puffing after the 1st
I had the same feeling. But just about that time, Dawn subbed for Boston giving her a much needed rest. Liv played almost the entire game before fouling out with a minute left.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry but this team is just baffling. Crystal played like she wanted to win and was aggressive. CW can’t make any layups any more. Was super disappointed on Anas play. ONO battled and was ok but was outplayed by Boston. Megan wasn’t great and I think against good defenses she just can’t get good looks.
I just can’t understand the constant handoffs around the perimeter and finally giving it to crystal who is the only one who can do anything with the ball and not look silly.
So disappointed, but should I be? They have been this way all year against the best. I don’t think we can get to final four this year. We just don’t have the horses this year. I will still hope and dream but reality is setting in for me. SIGH....
Every time Boston scored or grabbed a rebound, it turned my stomach. I think of what it might have been and could see her playing along side ONO.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Looking from the left coast, I thought Crystal played great and Liv was very good as well. Boston is a beast, to put it mildly, but I think Liv is well on her way to being a really terrific post. (In fact, as a UCONN fan--after Oregon--I have more optimism regarding her development than I do for CW or MW.) Unfortunately, that seemed to be it among the starters and, even in Crystal's case, the height differential allowed Harris to shoot over her whenever she wanted.

Both CW and MW remain a puzzle to me and clearly need a big dose of confidence and, in Megan's case, a lot of work on ball handling. Expecting them to be #1 recruits with the impact of a Stewie is clearly unfair, but, at this point, neither seems to be approaching the level of play one would hope from such highly regarded additions to the team.

Reaction Score
Every time Boston scored or grabbed a rebound, it turned my stomach. I think of what it might have been and could see her playing along side ONO.

Are you the one that gets acid reflux when you hear the name Boston? :rolleyes:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Now this is wishful thinking, 2013 shaky all season, blew a few games lost big East final by looking lost in crunch time. And then all of a sudden figured it out and won the NC. I hope, but this group IDK.
Yes and that was also the season that Stewie ran into a nearby phone booth and game out wearing her Supergirl outfit just before the Big Dance.

Reaction Score
So right. As if SCar and their talent will just disappear next year. That ain't gonna happen.

Four of their top six players are freshmen. I can't recall when a team was in 1st place in the nation starting 3 freshmen.

They will be awesome for years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog