SC Postgame Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SC Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is the worst offensive team Uconn has had in a long time! Why is Williams on the court? Olivia held her own with Boston who had 9rbs in the first quarter but only 11 for the game.

Reaction Score
CD played like a lion today. ONO played at least to par - while she might not have been the best post on the court, she more or less did what I hoped she would be able to do.

At the end of the day, we need more than 1-2 players to be playing fearlessly and/or steadily to have a chance against top teams.

I wish the team could top-to-bottom be convinced to play like it has nothing to lose...but heavy lies the crown, sadly.

Reaction Score
I think it is a long shot to make the Final 4, unless we get the last #1's regions. I don;t see us beating USC, Ore or Baylor. They are a level above everyone else.

Reaction Score
Anna and Aubrey, Aubrey especially, had bad games BUT when Geno pulled Anna, I knew it was all over. I would have pulled CW instead. Even on an off day, Anna was still doing something. Aubrey’s failure to shoot the open three just indicates she’s not ready to be on the floor.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Try to find a little grace, huh? Don’t blame Dawn because UConn played poorly

I didn't , my main point was Antonelli was giving them too much credit. I'm a bit touchy right now and I think you are too. SC has had better teams that they have right now. It's just not our year.

Reaction Score
Now Antonelli giving SC way too much credit. Our shooting was so disappointing again. Don't be too cocky Staley. UCONN is having an off year. They will be back next year and it will be very different.
???????

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Someone has to tell Anna: "When you are open, SHOOT the ball!"
I'll bet you $100 someone has....repeatedly and recently. She was a bit overwhelmed today.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
In the big picture, the immediate goals for UConn never change... 1) Win the AAC regular season and, 2) Win the AAC tournament. Still on track for those and nothing's guaranteed.

Reaction Score
There should be some great games in the FF assuming all 3 make it.
Great way to look at it. It will be great to see some of these teams battling. The great defenses of Baylor or SC against an Oregon team would be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Next year we win it all.
I was thinking the same thing for much of this season but now I’m not at all sure. On paper the incoming freshman look great but we know how difficult it is for freshmen to impact a UConn team and none of next year’s returning players have yet proven that they are capable of stepping up in big games. Having said that I remain optimistic that MW, CW and Ono will show some heart and help get us back to another final four,

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
CD was great offensively for UConn and defensively for SC. CW has been disappointing, hopefully will pass before season ends. M W also disappeared mostly the 2 freshmen non factors, Olivia battled was a plus.
Only 4 fouls for the game for SC?

Reaction Score
Who exactly would you replace Christyn with?
Anyone willing to compete! Try Molly, can't get any worse but you can't reward a player with playing time that mentally has checked out.

Reaction Score
Hate to say this, but little in tonight's game surprised me except the wild shots CW took. Totally out of control at times. On the bright side, cant see her playing this poorly in future and a few more key shots by her and MW and we were in game.

Reaction Score
so how did Temple only lose by 7 or 8 to South Carolina. And Indiana beat them. I guess hustle.

Reaction Score
Anna and Aubrey, Aubrey especially, had bad games BUT when Geno pulled Anna, I knew it was all over. I would have pulled CW instead. Even on an off day, Anna was still doing something. Aubrey’s failure to shoot the open three just indicates she’s not ready to be on the floor.
What was Anna doing getting run past o defense making bad passes not shooting or missing shots not that Aubrey or chrystin were any better

Reaction Score
Now Antonelli giving SC way too much credit. Our shooting was so disappointing again. Don't be too cocky Staley. UCONN is having an off year. They will be back next year and it will be very different.
Well, we don’t know that for sure yet, and they have a lot returning too.

Reaction Score
Hate to say this, but little in tonight's game surprised me except the wild shots CW took. Totally out of control at times. On the bright side, cant see her playing this poorly in future and a few more key shots by her and MW and we were in game.
except we keep saying that, just a few more key shots by Megan and CW, but they don't come close in big games. and it is not like the misses are halfway down and come out, they are air balls or they clang on the outside of the rim, not even the inside.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry but this team is just baffling. Crystal played like she wanted to win and was aggressive. CW can’t make any layups any more. Was super disappointed on Anas play. ONO battled and was ok but was outplayed by Boston. Megan wasn’t great and I think against good defenses she just can’t get good looks.
I just can’t understand the constant handoffs around the perimeter and finally giving it to crystal who is the only one who can do anything with the ball and not look silly.
So disappointed, but should I be? They have been this way all year against the best. I don’t think we can get to final four this year. We just don’t have the horses this year. I will still hope and dream but reality is setting in for me. SIGH....
Final four I don’t think so, we’re lucky if we make it to the sweet sixteen. They remind me of the western comic movie, the gang that couldn’t shoot straight, except for Dangerfield. I think there is a good chance Williams could lose her starting role to one of the incoming freshmen. ONO needs help under the basket.

Reaction Score
One of the players mentioned is a bit slow, and you really can't improve quickness, but the other needs some help in getting an O game which, once in comes, will be almost gabbylishous.

Reaction Score
Who exactly would you replace Christyn with?
Are you serious for what she did tonight anybody! Div 1 player with 5 or 6 airballs and 4 of them layups! I would have tried Molly to send her a message! Everyone gets excited from games like the other day. I don't! THE worst offense since the 80's ! Megan and Christyn should be embarrassed by their play!

Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the SC game:
  • A few bright spots in this game. Liv played hard against Boston putting in 39 tough minutes. Crystal again looked like the only Husky who didn’t forget how to shoot the ball. UConn battled all the way to the end, but the Gamecocks were clearly the better team.
  • If I told you before the game that UConn would hold SC to only 11 pts in the 1st qtr, Husky fans would have been ecstatic. If I also told you that UConn would score only 2 pts, Husky fans would have thought I was crazy. UConn’s struggles shooting the ball in big games are hard to explain and difficult to watch.
  • SC wasn’t a whole lot better starting out, except for Ty Harris, who continues to play outstanding basketball for the Gamecocks. But SC found their rhythm and although UConn started to shoot a little better, it was clear that baskets were going to be hard to come by for the Huskies all night long.
  • I was worried about our freshmen heading into a big game against an athletic team, on the road in front of 18,000 fans. Clearly, the best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores. Hopefully, Anna & Aubrey learned a few things tonight and they will be much more composed the next time they face a team of SC’s caliber.
  • For the first time in many years, UConn will not have any signature wins over top 5 teams heading into the Big Dance. So long as the Huskies continue to take care of business in the AAC, they still look like a 2 seed, and maybe that gets them a good draw with an outside chance to make it back to their 13th straight FF. But right now, UConn does not appear to be able to stay with the top 3 teams in the country.
  • Finally, BIG CONGRATS to Swin Cash for being named to the WBB HOF.
Hey oldude - I was hoping that you had lost power again and missed at least the first quarter of the game ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
so how did Temple only lose by 7 or 8 to South Carolina. And Indiana beat them. I guess hustle.
Early season games, and SC was starting 3 freshmen. 20 games into the season, Dawn has this team playing their best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom