Saturday Sweet 16 games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Saturday Sweet 16 games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Babies are cute and all, but all this carrying on about Mulkey being a new grandmother just doesn't quite sit well. Would they ever carry on like this about a male coach being a grandfather?

Reaction Score
Babies are cute and all, but all this carrying on about Mulkey being a new grandmother just doesn't quite sit well. Would they ever carry on like this about a male coach being a grandfather?
Blair’s grandson got some coverage in 2011. He was old enough to be a fan, though.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
I'm not one to complain about the refs, but to smack Chennedy Carter with 2 fouls half way thru the Q1 is bad for women's basketball.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Bad sign for TAMU that Wells misses a wide open 3. She's been automatic from the arc, and they really need her scoring to have any chance at all.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
In last night's game Oregon's Erin Boley couldn't hit the side of a barn and Ruthy Hebard couldn't score close in consistently. One off, or a bad sign if Oregon has to depend too much on Sabrina to take down MissState a second time?

Plebe

Reaction Score
A legal screen flattens Jackie Young and then Carter bottoms a long 3 pointer.

Shame on Jackie's teammates for not calling out the screen.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Re: Baylor.
Drive of the game, 3Q big Lauren Cox scoring coast to coast.
In the same quarter, Kalani Brown had an interior pass that Sabrina would have applauded.
DiDi Richards is like Christyn Williams grown-up. Should have watched more Baylor games to watch her play, but not part of my sports package.
Right now, Baylor looks like a dominant UConn team on steroids. I compared them elsewhere to one of the old Russian hockey teams, with no miracles on ice in sight.

Reaction Score
Impressed with A&M through this first half with their ability to control tempo. Slowing it down mostly, but picking the right spots to attack on the fast break.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
I know it can't last, but I'm enjoying the Aggies keeping the Notre Dame team -- uh -- honest. Refs making it up to Carter by not calling what sure look like potential fouls to me.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
A legal screen flattens Jackie Young and then Carter bottoms a long 3 pointer.

Shame on Jackie's teammates for not calling out the screen.

She lays on the floor for a while like she was shot from the grassy noll and needs help getting to her feet. Then she returns the very next play. Drama queens.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Impressed with A&M through this first half with their ability to control tempo. Slowing it down mostly, but picking the right spots to attack on the fast break.
Notre Dame losing its composure, complaining about the officiating and getting beat in transition, which is supposed to be their advantage.

TAMU has still found no answer for Shepard/Turner, but doing enough to compensate. ND not hitting anything from outside.

Reaction Score
It's crazy how last year Mabrey was super hot in the tourney. This year she is colder than ice

Reaction Score
Agree with Blair that they need to get to the 2nd half. Know that ND is going to make a run in Q3. If they're up 5+ at half, the ND run will kill. But if it's tight ... Aggies need to finish strong this 1st half.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Carter is causing havoc but she looks gassed. Maybe it's just the way she always carries herself?

Plebe

Reaction Score
I am super impressed with TAMU and with Blair in that 1st half. Never count out the Silver Fox!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It's crazy how last year Mabrey was super hot in the tourney. This year she is colder than ice

Not that crazy given that she hyperextended her knee the week before the tournament.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Carter is causing havoc but she looks gassed. Maybe it's just the way she always carries herself?
Yeah she adopts that rope a dope style regularly.

Reaction Score
Absolutely horrible defense by ND in the first half. Have to pick it up in the 2nd half on the defensive end in order to win.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Great game. I hope the refs will let it stay that way but I doubt it.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Once again, Notre Dame showing its tremendous underachievement. With one of the best rosters ever seen, they're unable to dominate, struggling and complaining to the refs. Muffet will never be an alpha coach, only good when she's yapping at someone's heels.

Reaction Score
I know it can't last, but I'm enjoying the Aggies keeping the Notre Dame team -- uh -- honest. Refs making it up to Carter by not calling what sure look like potential fouls to me.
Making it up? Mabrey should have 3 fouls, not 1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom