OT: - Sarah Strong and FIBA U 18 Women's Americup 2024 games start Monday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Sarah Strong and FIBA U 18 Women's Americup 2024 games start Monday

Reaction Score
Steal—> Assist to Joyce Edwards by Sarah.

3/5 from the floor, 3/4 3 PT, 1 AST, 2 STL, 1 BLK. +18 efficiency. We got a good one folks.

Bad news: Strong is reportedly on minutes restriction due to possibility of threat of injury? Hoo boy.

Reaction Score
Sarah steals the ball.
Sarah Strong 01.jpg

Reaction Score
Sarah’s mainly getting the ball only on the perimeter. She’s playing somewhat out of position on offense because she’s not getting touches in the post.

Reaction Score
Someone’s height is inaccurate. Roberson is apparently 6’4 yet looks the same height as 6’2 Strong.

Some were wondering how SS was defensively and I’d say she’s fine. Decent showing from Sarah. Is able to shift around and cut off attempts at the basket. And is definitely a hard presence to go around. Rock solid under the hoop.

Sarah is 100% out of position though so her box score is to be taken with a grain of salt. She’s playing the 2 when she should be a 3-4, especially because her 3’s are off right now. She hasn’t taken one non-3 PT shot yet and they should probably adjust where she plays because she’s not a natural 2 guard.

Reaction Score

3/5 from the floor, 3/4 3 PT, 1 AST, 2 STL, 1 BLK. +18 efficiency. We got a good one folks.

Bad news: Strong is reportedly on minutes restriction due to possibility of threat of injury? Hoo boy.
She's played the 3rd fewest minutes on the team in this game. But had the second highest EEF rating.

Reaction Score
Final Tally:
11 PTS
3 STL
1 AST
2 BLK
8 REB

3/7 from 3

Overall a great showing. Good IQ, perfectly positioned for rebounds and was playing out of position on offense the whole time. Expect a lot more post/wing play at UCONN. This team only wanted her shooting 3s.

Reaction Score
She's a Hopkins HS product, isn't she?
Alivia Mc Gill is a Hopkins H.S. Grad, a 5' 9" a point guard, committed to U of Florida.
sarah as advertised but i was surprised to see is a ball hawk! :cool: sharp.
I saw at least 2 steals by Sarah. Also, after her first block in the first half, I
noticed no one from Brazil would challenge her in the second half, they
all pulled up!

Reaction Score
Sarah is 100% out of position though so her box score is to be taken with a grain of salt. She’s playing the 2 when she should be a 3-4, especially because her 3’s are off right now. She hasn’t taken one non-3 PT shot yet and they should probably adjust where she plays because she’s not a natural 2 guard.
I think you are 100% out of position ...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Davidson made some shots in the second half. Finished with 11 points, 5 rebs, and 3 blocks.

ZaKiyah Johnson hit two more threes as well.

Reaction Score
Yes, she plays chess while the rest are playing checkers.
That play was amazing. It happened so fast. To have the instncts/reaization to "see" where to pass the ball even before she touched the ball in which it was not a great pass to her, and yet the end result exeuction to tip it like a misdirection;- if the play is how I remember it -- just -- wow. I mean "wow."

Reaction Score
I think you are 100% out of position ...
She ran only to the perimeter on offensive plays. Barely stayed in the paint besides going for rebounds. Not a single shot attempt from under the basket. Kept putting her at the perimeter despite her ability to make an impact underneath. The whole time she was a 2. Typically, she’s a 3-4 who occasionally stretches out. That’s why she’s out of position. Team USA had a plethora of forwards already though so using her as a 2 isn’t unexpected.

I started watching 2nd Half so maybe she was playing a forward in the first half. But the stats are showing she didn’t get one shot off under the basket.

Reaction Score
I was really impressed. I didn't know what to expect. She looks like she can really shoot, and can handle well enough on the perimeter. She's also fairly athletic and was doing a great job rebounding. Can't wait to continue to watch but it almost looked like she was a natural 3.

Reaction Score
She's a Hopkins HS product, isn't she?

Yes, but when she was an 8th grader she played for another HS against Bueckers. Hopkins was loaded year and she wouldn't have played much at Hopkins that year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom