OT: - Sarah Strong and FIBA U 18 Women's Americup 2024 games start Monday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Sarah Strong and FIBA U 18 Women's Americup 2024 games start Monday

Reaction Score
Sarah 2 for 2 from three already! One of those a loose ball buzzer beater! What a stroke this young woman has! She is going to be a superstar for us. I just cannot believe the quality and depth of our roster for this season! Sarah is simply a stud and is going to transform this team! She is a natural like Maya who always seems to come up with the goods even when she’s out of position! I remember Geno joking about how Maya would be completely out of the designated play and yet in the end would not only score but would make it seem like that was the way the play was designed in the first place. She was simply born to play this game and I think Sarah is that same kind of player! I am sooooo excited that she came to UConn! Unfortunately, the game is a complete mismatch. Still, nice to see our girl play.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Davidson looks out of sorts.

Heckel's going to be terrific. Can see why UConn liked her.

Reaction Score
I love the play by play guy. Haekel hits a 3 and he yells, "Bombassa de la Haeckel!"

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Maybe Jose Fernandez has an extra reason for being involved. He really likes the foreign players, perhaps this will serve as sort of an unofficial recruiting / scouting trip for him.

Reaction Score
Wasn't a good first half for her. Like I said, she looked out of sorts. Maybe nervous?

Strong has 8 points and 6 rebs in 6 minutes at the half.
Are they on limited minutes? Need Strong healthy out of this tournament.

Reaction Score
Betts is all but unstoppable down low unless she has several players on her.
Sienna looks slow and seems not confident in her right hand. Has gone the long way around for a lefty layup instead of taking the obvious righty layup. This is reminiscent of Lauren at this age, and she really improved her game at Stanford and UCLA. I wouldn't be surprised if Sienna can do the same.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Are they on limited minutes? Need Strong healthy out of this tournament.

Think they're just spreading the minutes around as happens in these kinds of tourneys, especially early on.

Heckel's played the most which make sense as she's been the most impactful player.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sienna looks slow and seems not confident in her right hand. Has gone the long way around for a lefty layup instead of taking the obvious righty layup. This is reminiscent of Lauren at this age, and she really improved her game at Stanford and UCLA. I wouldn't be surprised if Sienna can do the same.

She's hitting left-handed hook shots which I'm betting is a natural shot for her. She carves out space well. I don't think she moves slow considering how big she is.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wasn't a good first half for her. Like I said, she looked out of sorts. Maybe nervous?

Strong has 8 points and 6 rebs in 6 minutes at the half.

I saw just a little. On one fast break, Jazzy missed a layup badly. She's a lefty and should have used her right hand from the right side.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thought Strong moved really well and competed on defense too. Gotta think she could replace Davidson in the starting lineup at some point.

Reaction Score
Betts is all but unstoppable down low unless she has several players on her.
Between Betts # 13 and Roberson # 15 both 6'4", the boards belong to the USA.
Update on jersey numbers : Betts #13, Davidson # 9, Edwards # 12,
Madison Francis # 7 , Heckel # 5, Z. Johnson # 6 , Lee # 8,
Macy # 10, Mc Gill # 4, Roberson # 15, Smith # 11, and Sarah # 14.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Davidson hits a corner three shortly after a forced pass into traffic again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom