OT: - Sarah Strong and FIBA U 18 Women's Americup 2024 games start Monday | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Sarah Strong and FIBA U 18 Women's Americup 2024 games start Monday

Reaction Score
There is a development process players go through while they mature. When you are 7-12 years old (estimating) you want to fire up as many shots as you can. Glad to hear 3 on 3 helped her to this point but after this year going forward I'm hopeful to hear she participates in more 5 on 5's just like she is doing now with limited 3 on 3.

The 3 on 3 is much different than the 5 on 5. Fir example, she will get post passes this year and face some very terrific defenses. Finding an open teammate while different opponents may or may not be converging on you from potentially different angles is much different.
3x3 was revelatory — and not in a Mycroft world of goldfish hero-ball way — to Sarah and others of Sarah’s purposeful playmaking, skill, versatility and not taking possessions off.

I don’t think more 3x3 play at this point will be as beneficial for Sarah as Geno’s tutelage. She can always revisit it professionally if Breanna’s and Napheesa’s Unrivaled league takes off.

Reaction Score
Is participation at this age level of any importance to your Olympic Selection “score card?

I see no other benefits to these games

Reaction Score
This game is really hard to watch. 80-10 at the half! This is a terrible mismatch that is not good for either team. The US needs to stop pressing and go into a zone in the 2nd half.
It is 95 - 15 now.
US should be allowed to play with only 3 players not 5 ...LOL

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
WOW....USA 125 DR 27 a 98 point win. I don't see anyone beating them and that includes Canada who barely beat Mexico. A team that the USA beat by 95 points. Go Sarah, go USA get the GOLD.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Sarah with the best rating of 26 out of all of them.
She is leading in the efficiency rating with 20 after 4 games. The closest to her are Betts, Heckel and Davidson with a efficiency rating of 17.5. The USA is averaging 109.75 points a game while giving up only 30 points a game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
WOW....USA 125 DR 27 a 98 point win. I don't see anyone beating them and that includes Canada who barely beat Mexico. A team that the USA beat by 95 points. Go Sarah, go USA get the GOLD.
I think you are right, but Canada beat Dominican Republic by 90 themselves, and others by plenty, so I think the Mexico game for them looks like an outlier compared to the others. We are still beating teams by more, but there are only two good teams in this tournament and it falls off a cliff after that regarding who is third.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Strong with several highlights. That bounce pass that was Bueckers-like, an offensive rebound and jumper banked off glass with contact, and a big block from the side. Finally made a three too after being cold from there.

She looks like she's about 15 lbs lighter than last year too.

Reaction Score
Final score: 125-27. Sarah played 16:27 and led the team in rebounding (10), assists (5), and efficiency (26). She also had 11 points, 3 steals, and 1 block.
Yikes. I almost feel as if an apology should be issued when you win by 98. lol Seriously though...maybe they should do some mixed scrimmaging after you get up by 50. Work on regional bonding or something. Entertain those fans stuck on their phones.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Davidson: 11 points (5-7 FG), 3 rebs, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks

Johnson: 6 points, 5 rebs, 3 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks

Jazzy is thinner than I remember her over the winter.

Reaction Score
Sarah’s line; 11pts, 10 rbds, 5 assts, 3 stl, 1blk, 1to in 16:24. Highest . rating at 26 as well.

This young lady is just amazing! She just never seems to be out of control, she does things at her own pace, never looks stressed or anxious, and is rarely even very obvious on the court until the whistle blows and you suddenly realize that she has completely dominated the game! She is incredibly unselfish, like Paige, she throws 30 foot dimes from the paint, absolutely inhales the ball when rebounding and can apparently bang with the best under the basket, she routinely takes the ball out and rarely fails to find the open teammate.

I realized today, that she reminds me of my favorite player of all time, Larry Legend! I think this young woman is very much like him in that she is simply a winner that not only is good at every aspect of the game but she does everything at an instinctual level! She doesn’t think, she simply knows what is needed and does it instinctively! The thought of her and Paige on the floor at the same time with the level of talent on this roster literally gives me goosebumps! I cannot wait for November!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sarah’s line; 11pts, 10 rbds, 5 assts, 3 stl, 1blk, 1to in 16:24. Highest . rating at 26 as well.

This young lady is just amazing! She just never seems to be out of control, she does things at her own pace, never looks stressed or anxious, and is rarely even very obvious on the court until the whistle blows and you suddenly realize that she has completely dominated the game! She is incredibly unselfish, like Paige, she throws 30 foot dimes from the paint, absolutely inhales the ball when rebounding and can apparently bang with the best under the basket, she routinely takes the ball out and rarely fails to find the open teammate.

I realized today, that she reminds me of my favorite player of all time, Larry Legend! I think this young woman is very much like him in that she is simply a winner that not only is good at every aspect of the game but she does everything at an instinctual level! She doesn’t think, she simply knows what is needed and does it instinctively! The thought of her and Paige on the floor at the same time with the level of talent on this roster literally gives me goosebumps! I cannot wait for November!
I'm more than impressed, but I want to see her play against a few rated teams before she is anointed legendary status @Cuango . Really nice post though Husky fan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom