Sanogo out | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Sanogo out

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Getting a good shot is gonna be biggest problem
Transition baskets is the best solution. We need to look to run at every opportunity. Even after made baskets.

Reaction Score
“Next man up,” Hurley said. “We’ve got to keep going. Every team goes through these things through the course of the season. But, I’ve talked a lot about our depth. So, here we go. A lot of people weren’t happy with their role, wanted more minutes. Well, here you go. Go produce.”

Free access article:

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Are we doing something wrong in the physical training department or are the practices too strenuous? I mean wtf… every season??? This is getting absurd. I just want a complete healthy season for once…

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Are we doing something wrong in the physical training department or are the practices too strenuous? I mean … every season??? This is getting absurd. I just want a complete healthy season for once…

Every team goes through injuries throughout a season. there's nothing systemic about the injuries. They happen.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
The "at least two weeks" out makes me think my concerns about the so-called "sports hernia" might be warranted. Those things can linger, and at times they require surgery at the end of the season. We will see.

Reaction Score
Thankfully we have Whaley that’s not a bad fall back option
A much better defender and shot blocker than Sonogo who was learning
Passing?
However not near the offensive threat
I got faith in these kids
Its not exactly 2016-17 were not only did freshman Jackson start but freshman Vital was subbing multiple posoitions.
We have
Whaley
Akok
Polley
Gaffney
Jackson
Hawkins
Springs
Johnson
Diggins
We also have a kid red shirting if necessary.
That’s 9 guys who can all contribute.

Reaction Score
This is some hyperbole. What 2-3 players most could think they should be playing more than they were.
I imagine Diggins, Johnson, Akok all think they should be playing more, probably even Springs. I don't agree on any of the 4 counts, but they're all competitive guys who want minutes I'm sure

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
1yv7ty.jpg
Or it could be…

Reaction Score
I imagine this will lead to more smallball lineups once Martin returns--Diggins benefiting the most in terms of a PT bump--and not a big increase for Springs or Johnson, though I'd really like to see Springs against some solid comp. Whaley may play 35 MPG at the five. Sadly Akok just isn't the same player after the Achilles tear.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Hope he recovers quickly. The bright side of a bad situation is Whaley is at his best playing the 5. It’s his natural position. The team as a whole functions well with Whaley at the 5. We certainly lose some down low scoring , but we are lucky we have Whaley. Polley, Hawkins, and AJ are going to have to look to score more.

Reaction Score
We'll see who rises to the challenge. I think Martin and to some degree Cola have stepped up their games without being able to rely on Bouknight. Whaley, Polley, Jackson, Springs, Johnson, Martin. Kick it up a notch.

Reaction Score
The "at least two weeks" out makes me think my concerns about the so-called "sports hernia" might be warranted. Those things can linger, and at times they require surgery at the end of the season. We will see.
How long is the rehab from the surgery? Isn't that what shut down DJ Lemahiue's season?

Reaction Score
Every team goes through injuries throughout a season. there's nothing systemic about the injuries. They happen.
Exactly and hopefully these are the last major ones so we're fully ready for a March run. :)

Reaction Score
Re: abdominal strains/tear (remember a strain is a partial tear, Grade III strain is a complete tear): "Moderate strains typically take two to three months to heal and severe strains can take several months of rehabilitation." Injuries to core muscles are never something to mess with. So best case he's back by Feb. Worst case into March/the entire season. Hopefully we have some good results from the MRI.

From a basketball standpoint, this is troublesome because the entire offense revolved around him. Obviously the entire playbook needs to be retooled, and long-term I don't think that's a bad thing. Short term, it will be troublesome. Akok is really the guy that needs to step up, and then ideally one of Springs/Sampson. There is no way around it. Someone has to step up down low.
February is the best case scenario? most likely March ? what? Stop

Reaction Score
If 2 of our 3 best players are out well into Big East season then the ability to make the tourney starts to come into play. If it's 2 to 3 weeks for both, ok. If they are soft selling this and they are out for a month and a half, I have serious reservations. We have trouble scoring when we are whole. Cole has the weight of the world on his shoulders.
I think the key is going to be are they(or Adama in particular) back by January 1st, or later -if they’re back by the start of the new year -great- if this injury starts to leak into mid January— not good. I’m guessing the first week of January. Please let’s not go longer than that

Reaction Score
Cole
Hawkins
Akok
AJ
Whaley

Too lazy to look it up, but I would bet this was some of the Yarder's starting lineup this year.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I agree. Don’t get me wrong, I’d much rather have Adama in there, but Isaiah is very good. He’d be the first option on a lot of teams.

I also am looking forward to AKok getting more burn. He’s another guy who I think will benefit from the extra minutes.

I do think Hurley has to go look in the closet at Gampel and see if he can find Jim Calhoun‘s short hook. I think that is the best approach. If people are struggling, pull them off the court and have the assistants talk to them and then get them back on.

Hurley is going to have to coach the heck out of these guys for us to stay relevant in the near term.
"I do think Hurley has to go look in the closet at Gampel and see if he can find Jim Calhoun‘s short hook. I think that is the best approach. If people are struggling, pull them off the court and have the assistants talk to them and then get them back on".

Amen to this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom