Sanogo out | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Sanogo out

Reaction Score
A couple years ago with Whaley at the 5 playing the 5 out offense was when things started to turn around in the program. Excited to see how it plays out. If we can knock down a few outside shots there should be some driving lanes for people like AJ to explode.

Reaction Score
A couple years ago with Whaley at the 5 playing the 5 out offense was when things started to turn around in the program. Excited to see how it plays out. If we can knock down a few outside shots there should be some driving lanes for people like AJ to explode.
We’re shooting almost 40% from 3 so far. I’d say we’re shooting just fine from outside?

Reaction Score
This is some hyperbole. What 2-3 players most could think they should be playing more than they were.
This quote got me thinking right away too. I’d guess akok and springs maybe polley? Surprised that Hurley even said guys were unhappy with how he always likes to portray the united front and team cohesion.

Reaction Score
Just saw a tweet. Adama is out for a couple of weeks. Time for our depth to step forward

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
...see other giant thread(s)...:)

Reaction Score
Just saw a tweet. Adama is out for a couple of weeks. Time for our depth to step forward
party GIF

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I agree. Don’t get me wrong, I’d much rather have Adama in there, but Isaiah is very good. He’d be the first option on a lot of teams.

I also am looking forward to AKok getting more burn. He’s another guy who I think will benefit from the extra minutes.

I do think Hurley has to go look in the closet at Gampel and see if he can find Jim Calhoun‘s short hook. I think that is the best approach. If people are struggling, pull them off the court and have the assistants talk to them and then get them back on.

Hurley is going to have to coach the heck out of these guys for us to stay relevant in the near term.
Great post!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Without any data I am going to offer that both Adama and Tyrese may be out for the majority of the BE season. Tyrese has an avulsion fracture for which we know nothing of the severity. It could be months before he is ready. Same with Adama. Abdominal means tear or hernia or strain . The first two may require longer term care or even surgery. We got some great freshmen can’t wait to see what they do

Reaction Score
Geezus, the injuries with this team the past 7 years is just insane. Hurley will be forced to play Samson and Diggins now, maybe Springs too.
Well, even with Sango, they should've been playing already. They didn't have to be the main contributors but enough to provide protection from their top performers getting into follow trouble or giving them a rest when needed (say, 8 - 10 minutes per game). This also would've made them much more prepared for the physicality of the tougher games soon to come down the pike (ex: on road at West Virginia, St. Bonaventure, etc.)

Reaction Score
Well, even with Sango, they should've been playing already. They didn't have to be the main contributors but enough to provide protection from their top performers getting into follow trouble or giving them a rest when needed (say, 8 - 10 minutes per game). This also would've made them much more prepared for the physicality of the tougher games soon to come down the pike (ex: on road at West Virginia, St. Bonaventure, etc.)
How big of a rotation do you suggest, 11?

Reaction Score
This is why it sucks Hurley slow plays it with the freshmen. Now they will be thrown into big minutes having not already played against any real competition.
Seriously? We’ve had two games against real competition. If the problem is Diggins and Johnson don’t have 20 to 25 minutes of experience you think they should have, that would be a pretty small problem.

My problem would be if they are not ready for Big East play and we now have to play them anyway.

Reaction Score
It’s not like even the Grambling game will be easy without those 2. But they better use that game to begin to learn to play some 2-3 or 1-3-1. If he doesn’t at least mix in zone a lot more, things will be ugly.

Awful news at an important time with 2 solid OOC games coming next week.

Reaction Score
I don't like this quote one bit. It's the Coach's job to get the players ready. If you never got them ready don't bother with the macho crap.
I think this is probably the first time Hurley's decisions are getting second guessed from the fan base. Obviously we are not there in practice every day, and obviously from what DH sees from Diggins and Johnson, he does not feel they were ready to play. Now, we are going to see first hand how ready they are. I think of all the new guys, I was most looking forward to seeing Samson Johnson. From his highlight videos, he looked like he could be a real matchup nightmare being a big guy that has a legit jump shot.

Reaction Score
I think this is probably the first time Hurley's decisions are getting second guessed from the fan base. Obviously we are not there in practice every day, and obviously from what DH sees from Diggins and Johnson, he does not feel they were ready to play. Now, we are going to see first hand how ready they are. I think of all the new guys, I was most looking forward to seeing Samson Johnson. From his highlight videos, he looked like he could be a real matchup nightmare being a big guy that has a legit jump shot.
Certainly not the first time any Coach has been second guessed around here. My point was meant to reinforce the growing impatience with Coach's short rotation. Now when it becomes a liability he appears to be setting up some kind of "I told you so" scenario where they get blamed for not instantly producing. It just rubs me the wrong way even if it wasn't his intention. I get that some people prefer everything to be positive but it's just an observation that what Coach says isn't going to "motivate" them to be ready. They're already motivated. Preparation makes you ready.

Reaction Score
You're being sarcastic, right? My point was meant to reinforce the growing impatience with Coach's short rotation. Now when it becomes a liability he appears to be setting up some kind of "I told you so" scenario where they get blamed for not instantly producing. It just rubs me the wrong way even if it wasn't his intention. I get that some people prefer everything to be positive but it's just an observation that what Coach says isn't going to "motivate" them to be ready. They're already motivated. Preparation makes you ready.
I understood what you were trying to say, and yes, I agree with you on the "I told you so" scenario. At the same time, If they do produce, then we have the right to ask the question of why they were not getting more minutes in the first place.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom