Sanogo and Cole make all-Big East First Team, Hawkins all Frosh | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sanogo and Cole make all-Big East First Team, Hawkins all Frosh

Reaction Score
Lot's of good players in the BE. The Hall's Bryce Aiken also left off....
He has been injured for over half the Big East season unfortunately. Was having a great season before the concussion.

Reaction Score
Congrats to both. Well deserved.

Congrats to Hawkins for making the frosh list.

Oversight to not have Martin even as an HM. Bulletin board material.

Side note, really impressive for Sanogo since he wasn’t on any of the preseason lists and now is 1st team Big East and 1 of 5 finalists for top center in the entire NCAA.

The dude is only a sophomore too… his ceiling is so high.
Sanogo is a great player to have on your college roster.

Unlike some of the players we had in the late JC era, his NBA potential is actually far below his college production. He's going to stick around a while, be extremely productive, and make conferences foes think "hasn't this guy graduated already?"

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I hate saying it but freescooter definitely has a point - due to the structure of the picks it would be pretty tough for Martin to get in there.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Honestly a bit surprised we got both Cole and Sanogo 1st team. Congrats to them and they both deserve it. I figured one of them would have been snubbed with 2nd team

Unfortunately, that's probably why Martin didn't even get an honorable mention, which is a big snub.

Reaction Score
I've posted this elsewhere, but Champagnie on the first team is a joke based on his play during conference season. 97 ORTG. He wasn't even a top 10 player by any metric (let alone top 5), even the ones that adjust for high usage. He took 6 3's a game and only hit 28% of them. Only made 42% of his 2's. That cost his team some games.
I have watched a lot of St John's games and I agree. Champagnie when he is on might be the best player in the Big East but there are too many times when he is off and he misses a lot of open perimeter shots. I don't think he enhanced his draft prospect at all this year. In fact, I think he felt the pressure and it affected his performance.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry but what’s the point in putting 6 on the first team, 5 in the second team, and 4 on the third team just do 5-5-5. But congrats to Cole and sanogo.
The 1st and 2nd teams are 5 players technically. The POY is not included but will come from 1 of the 6 1st team guys and is just announced later. I'm not positive on the last part but I believe the HM is not a 3rd team but just anyone else who received a vote

Reaction Score
The 1st and 2nd teams are 5 players technically. The POY is not included but will come from 1 of the 6 1st team guys and is just announced later. I'm not positive on the last part but I believe the HM is not a 3rd team but just anyone else who received a vote
i see. then congrats to colin g on BE POY.

Reaction Score
creighton is going to be good for a while w/ 3 guys on the all frosh team

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Tough for Martin, few guys bring such a strong all around game. Inside, outside, rebounding, defense. Guy is a beast. Hope it fires him up. Sanogo and Cole deserve the spots. Surprised by Hawkins.

Reaction Score
Warning to the rest of the Big East, word is the Friars are pissed off with all the snubs and that is not good for the rest of you when they play with a chip on their shoulders!!! Everyone keep the disrespect going, it’s fuel!!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Side note, really impressive for Sanogo since he wasn’t on any of the preseason lists and now is 1st team Big East and 1 of 5 finalists for top center in the entire NCAA.

The dude is only a sophomore too… his ceiling is so high.
A month ago, he was still a teenager.

Reaction Score

Well deserved!

Agree that it is odd they didn’t pick 5 players for the Honorable Mentions? Seems like Tyrese would fit in perfectly with the other players stats-wise. Here is the breakdown:

Kalkbrenner: 13.7 PPG, 7.5 RPG
Morsell: 13.3 PPG, 3.6 RPG
Alexander: 14.1 PPG, 4.6 RPG
Nunge: 13.1 PPG, 7.5 RPG

Tyrese averages 13.4 PPG and 7.6 RPG- very comparable. The only reason why maybe the other 4 were selected is because of their defense? (I know Morsell and Alexander are very solid defenders.) Although I would say Tyrese is a pretty good defender himself. Just found it odd they didn’t list 5 players here, he should be the 5th IMO.

Reaction Score
Agree that it is odd they didn’t pick 5 players for the Honorable Mentions? Seems like Tyrese would fit in perfectly with the other players stats-wise. Here is the breakdown:

Tyrese averages 13.4 PPG and 7.6 RPG- very comparable. The only reason why maybe the other 4 were selected is because of their defense? (I know Morsell and Alexander are very solid defenders.) Although I would say Tyrese is a pretty good defender himself. Just found it odd they didn’t list 5 players here, he should be the 5th IMO.

i think there are typically only two honorable mentions, so there must have been some ties.

i would have had nunge second team. would certainly take rese over morsell and probably posh, though.

Reaction Score

Others have said honorable mention isn't specifically selected, it's just people who got votes but didn't make second team. So there's no particular number.

Reaction Score
Creighton dominated the freshman team. I'm ok with Creighton being very good next year or the following.... as long as they make some noise in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Explain how Hawkins is all freshman. Weak group?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom