Sanogo and Cole make all-Big East First Team, Hawkins all Frosh | The Boneyard

Sanogo and Cole make all-Big East First Team, Hawkins all Frosh

Reaction Score
I've posted this elsewhere, but Champagnie on the first team is a joke based on his play during conference season. 97 ORTG. He wasn't even a top 10 player by any metric (let alone top 5), even the ones that adjust for high usage. He took 6 3's a game and only hit 28% of them. Only made 42% of his 2's. That cost his team some games.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Pretty much solidifies Gillespie as POY.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Congrats to both. Well deserved.

Congrats to Hawkins for making the frosh list.

Oversight to not have Martin even as an HM. Bulletin board material.

Side note, really impressive for Sanogo since he wasn’t on any of the preseason lists and now is 1st team Big East and 1 of 5 finalists for top center in the entire NCAA.

The dude is only a sophomore too… his ceiling is so high.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he uses it as motivation and I appear to be in the minority, but not surprised/upset to see no Martin. Pretty sure the HM are just the other guys to receive votes who didn't make the 2 teams. No team had 3 guys get votes so isn't surprising to me seeing no Martin with 2 1st teamers

Reaction Score
Hopefully he uses it as motivation and I appear to be in the minority, but not surprised/upset to see no Martin. Pretty sure the HM are just the other guys to receive votes who didn't make the 2 teams. No team had 3 guys get votes so isn't surprising to me seeing no Martin with 2 1st teamers
Could be but Martin is top 15 in scoring 7th in rebounds, and 1st in 3pt %. Thought he had a better season than both Watson and Bynum although the latter was very good down the stretch. Plus they weren't going to leave Providence without any representation.

Reaction Score
Martin is a good role player but he’s also been very streaky. Too many games this year where he has disappeared completely. He’s played better the past 2 weeks, but I don’t personally think him not showing up on one of these teams is a major snub. That being said, I hope he feels snubbed and goes off for 25 pts/game in the BET. When Cole, Sanogo and Martin are all scoring and we get some contribution for Polley/Hawkins we are very tough to beat. If Whaley shows up and provides offense then teams are really in trouble. It doesn’t happen often, but it seemed like we had it together a bit more before Hawkins missed time. Hopefully he will be 100% and comes back confident like the GTown game

Reaction Score
Could be but Martin is top 15 in scoring 7th in rebounds, and 1st in 3pt %. Thought he had a better season than both Watson and Bynum although the latter was very good down the stretch. Plus they weren't going to leave Providence without any representation.
Yeah I think he's better than everyone that was listed as an HM. But my point is that for him to make that list someone would have needed to put 3 UConn players in their top 11 which seems like a lot to expect for the 3rd place team

Reaction Score
Remember when Kevin Freeman got snubbed in 1999, Ended up being the MVP in the Big East Tournament that year. Let's go Tyrese!
I was just thinking of this too. Tyrese is that good that he could follow suit.

Reaction Score
There is a certain amount of small p politics in selecting these all-anything teams. You need to be sure every team is represented. You need to cover all positions.Even if the top 36 players in the league are guards and the forwards are cardboard cutouts, you need to pick the best cutouts. Martin just got caught up in all that.

Reaction Score
Lot's of good players in the BE. The Hall's Bryce Aiken also left off....

Reaction Score
Nice for Cole, Sanogo as they deserved it. Martin got robbed like others said when he isn't even an honorable mention no matter his consistency as he is always bringing the defense and rebounding. Creighton with 3 Freshmen on the All-Freshman Team is impressive. They could be good for a few years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom