Samuel next season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Samuel next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here I thought that being a UConn fan meant rooting fervently for the sports teams my entire life, attending the school, and playing in the band at the football and basketball games while I was there. I guess I just need to hit myself in the head with a tack hammer in order to be dumb enough to agree with every "LUBIN IS BETTER THAN JEFF ADRIEN" post I find on here, like a "real" UConn fan.
I have found every one of your posts in this tread tiresome.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, my sources tell me he is quiting the basketball team and becoming a male cheerleader. So the above discussion is academic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
He looks like a promising player, but comparisons to Walker and Napier are, at best, premature. It's extraordinarily unlikely he ever gets that good.
Yeah and after 2011 we all saw the 2014 Bazz and knew he was destined for greatness :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
That made smile and of course think of this: LINK

I'm going hold off getting my hopes up too much for TSam. I think he'll be pretty good but Omar's struggles this past year have taught me that it is better to wait and see.
TSam won't have double hip surgery.

Reaction Score
Yeah and after 2011 we all saw the 2014 Bazz and knew he was destined for greatness :rolleyes:

What's your point? First of all, Samuel was good this year, but 2011 Napier was better. Second, are you suggesting that any player as good as Napier as a freshman is likely to be a top-3 player nationally by the time he graduates? It's not impossible than Samuel turns into a superstar, but it's certainly not likely.

Reaction Score
What's your point? First of all, Samuel was good this year, but 2011 Napier was better. Second, are you suggesting that any player as good as Napier as a freshman is likely to be a top-3 player nationally by the time he graduates? It's not impossible than Samuel turns into a superstar, but it's certainly not likely.

Sarcasm meter…….

Reaction Score
When Marcus Williams was a freshmen he couldn't shoot at all, and everyone played off him, he was able to develop a shot, I see no reason why Samuel won't be able to

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Love samuel but trying to play devils advocate here... his jumper that we saw was beyond ugly. They played off him because we had 2 elite guards.. would love nothing but to see him become an elite guard. But lets be honest with ourselves... he was more like a 2011 donnel Beverly than he was a 2011 napier... he has the inner city im going to out work you mentality but has yet to show the pure all around guard skills.. hope he does.

Reaction Score
Love samuel but trying to play devils advocate here... his jumper that we saw was beyond ugly. They played off him because we had 2 elite guards...
And now we have three elite guards.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Love samuel but trying to play devils advocate here... his jumper that we saw was beyond ugly. They played off him because we had 2 elite guards.. would love nothing but to see him become an elite guard. But lets be honest with ourselves... he was more like a 2011 donnel Beverly than he was a 2011 napier... he has the inner city im going to out work you mentality but has yet to show the pure all around guard skills.. hope he does.

Fine, now I'll play devil's advocate...2011 Donnell Beverly??? Samuel was better at getting to the rack and converting than either Boatright or Napier THIS YEAR. His jump shot is a major question mark, but the kid can play; he's already much better than Beverly was as a senior.

Reaction Score
Samuel was better at getting to the rack and converting than either Boatright or Napier THIS YEAR.
tumblr_l9qa249Vj41qe4shjo1_400.jpg

Reaction Score

I think your basketball IQ is somewhere between a turkey and a cane toad based on this post. :)

Reaction Score
He's an intangibles type player that contributes in many ways but at this point I don't see him as a game takeover guy like Bazz could be. Thst said, when he was in good stuff happened and next year should be more of the same.

Reaction Score
I think jibsey is closest to where we should be thinking as of right now……can it all change? Heck yeah he could work so hard and become better than anyone ever imagined, never know.

Tough to compare him to anyone as he has 3 years left but as of now he's certainly more Taliek than Shabazz, but this is from a small sample. Let's let the kids career evolve and see if the hard work elevates all facets of his game to a level many of us figure is not achievable from him. He already is an impact player off the bench, but the question will be can he become a go-to PG and solidify a starters role at some point with all of these great guards coming in during his tenure? We will see……..

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Don't forget about that really nice 12 foot one handed runner he had down the stretch. T-Sam has some touch. I wish we could pull a shot chart on him.

Reaction Score
Eh he hit a three or two. Free throw shooting seemed fine too IIRC. Need more time to judge his JS. right now it's probably a C.
He wasn't a great outside shooter in HS so we'll have to see but have to love his toughness getting to the rim. He may have improved more than any UConn player over the course of last season.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
The only real similarities between TS and DB are that they're of a similar build and have kind of an awkward-looking handle. Love DB, but Samuel is already ahead of where he was in 2011.

Reaction Score
I like Terrence and I think he'll be a valuable contributor.

That being said, it's obviously absurd to say he's already better at getting to the bucket and converting than Napier or Boatright. Samuel got minutes in the tournament because other teams were loading up on those other guys. He has not yet been asked to run an offense for 40 - or even 10 - minutes, and he certainly wasn't the focus of any team's scouting report like those other guys. I'm optimistic about him but I think some people are going a bit overboard based on what he showed in the tournament. (But I don't think his jumper was "beyond ugly," I don't think anyone would confuse him with a natural jump shooter, but it looks like he's got something there to work with.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom