Samson Johnson | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Samson Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That's a helluva border if you think Karaban is borderline all conference this season.

His offense has been real nice with the shooting and passing but he has gotten beat up on D several games. He just isn't strong enough yet to battle strong 4's straight up for 25 minutes. No shame in that for a frosh.

Defending the 4 is crucial in BE because of the quantity of high level players at that spot and also Sanogo not being able to help out.

Karaban has been the weakest Husky relative to his peer group in the BE. BE is stacked at the 4 spot. But, he is still good and will continue to improve and by his JR and SR years will be a major weapon.
Never said first team but he’s pushing for honorable mention

Reaction Score
Alex is a 3 forced into playing the 4 against guys like Freemantle, Hopkins and Kaluma. While he does bring things on the offensive end, there is no denying he struggles on defense and rebounding. Question, when we play PC again do we go with 2 bigs and have Sanogo guard Hopkins? Doesn't seem to make sense but that forces Cooley to adjust as it makes Hopkins guard Sanogo.

Reaction Score
This is the same coach that chose to play Clingan 7 minutes and Sanogo 35 in the last game that we lost.

Looking lost, committing fouls, and getting called for part of a double-technical may have contributed to those minutes differences.

I admire your tenacity on this, but you keep pushing the "Hurley is a bad coach" narrative at all costs. Even if it means ignoring basic facts. And making yourself come off as grossly uninformed (which I know you're not, BTW).

Be better.

Reaction Score
Get off of Karaban! He's a freshman who has hD some great games abs when he is out there it opens up the floor because he is a threat. Defensively it's all about matchups and Hurley can play who he need based on the game,what's happening in the game and where we are in the game..too many no it alls here. Let the coach coach and the players develop . Samson gonna have a tuff time breaking into this group because he missed the games he needed to play.

Reaction Score
Looking lost, committing fouls, and getting called for part of a double-technical may have contributed to those minutes differences.

I admire your tenacity on this, but you keep pushing the "Hurley is a bad coach" narrative at all costs. Even if it means ignoring basic facts. And making yourself come off as grossly uninformed (which I know you're not, BTW).

Be better.

Double technical was BS refereeing period. Guy gets in your face talking crap you should be able to defend yourself. Only the instigator should have been T’d up so please don’t throw that crap around. And looking lost? That’s what everyone has looked like on d especially Sanogo and especially when we’re playing 1-3-1 they all look lost.

Reaction Score
Get off of Karaban! He's a freshman who has hD some great games abs when he is out there it opens up the floor because he is a threat. Defensively it's all about matchups and Hurley can play who he need based on the game,what's happening in the game and where we are in the game..too many no it alls here. Let the coach coach and the players develop . Samson gonna have a tuff time breaking into this group because he missed the games he needed to play.
They will try to give Samson 8 to 10 minutes today. If it works out health and basketball wise he will be in the rotation for Marquette on Tuesday. Let’s hope it does because the team needs him. Karaban will be helped the most if he is ready. He is not a savior but his skill set will open opportunities for others, and will help defend the four position.

Reaction Score
This is the same coach that chose to play Clingan 7 minutes and Sanogo 35 in the last game that we lost.
To be fair to Hurley, in that game, Clingan picked up 2 quick fouls in the first half and sat. Then he picked up a quick foul in the second and the technical. So he had 4 fouls fairly quickly. If Hurley kept him in and he picked up his fifth he would be getting killed also. The last couple games Clingan has seemed a little more passive on defense and fouled less. I think this is a result of him picking up 4 quick fouls 2 games in a row. It's a learning curve.

pj

Reaction Score
To be fair to Hurley, in that game, Clingan picked up 2 quick fouls in the first half and sat. Then he picked up a quick foul in the second and the technical. So he had 4 fouls fairly quickly. If Hurley kept him in and he picked up his fifth he would be getting killed also.

Why would the coach be blamed for a player fouling out? The coach putting him on the bench because he has 4 fouls is the coach fouling his player out prematurely. It's like the coach is playing under his own rules that 4 fouls forces a player to leave the game. Why not use all the fouls the rulemakers have given you?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Of course you’d say that because you’ve been kissing the kids feet since he committed, but it’s actually not nonsense. He hasn’t shown he can do anything but score at the rim in games. Plus while we’re on the topic, you were wrong the whole offseason… he’s not in Karaban’s league despite you banging your fists on the table saying Johnson was better.
I wasn‘t wrong, he got hurt. Otherwise he’d likely have started every game. Both of them are very good, different, players.

Reaction Score
I wasn‘t wrong, he got hurt. Otherwise he’d likely have started every game. Both of them are very good, different, players.

I mean it’s a small amount of PT to compare but AK is a better basketball player from what we’ve seen. We can run offense through him he’s good with the ball and can pass. We know he can make shots and big ones at that. He has a ton of ground to make up will be tough to get minutes.

Reaction Score
I got a kick out of this board thinking he was the answer for last month, and kept my mouth shut. I will continue that. Other than saying: Why don't people think this stuff through?
This is the most accurate post in the history of the Boneyard.

That said, there's no reason to think Samson won't be an impact player at some point, but that is likely to be next season.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Why would the coach be blamed for a player fouling out? The coach putting him on the bench because he has 4 fouls is the coach fouling his player out prematurely. It's like the coach is playing under his own rules that 4 fouls forces a player to leave the game. Why not use all the fouls the rulemakers have given you?
Because odds are, you're going to want your best 5 guys available in winning time of a close game.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I mean it’s a small amount of PT to compare but AK is a better basketball player from what we’ve seen. We can run offense through him he’s good with the ball and can pass. We know he can make shots and big ones at that. He has a ton of ground to make up will be tough to get minutes.
Injury was a huge setback. It’s hard to work your way in to a deep rotation this late in the season. I like Karaban a lot, was never down on him. We need them both, and I expect they will be key pieces next year.

Reaction Score
I've been pushing for a medical redshirt. Too hard to miss that much time and contribute. He could practice and contribute more next season. It is what it is now.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Your ability to never come within 1000 miles of reality when it comes to Samson Johnson is truly breathtaking.
You have no idea whatsoever what kind of player he is or will be. Why are you rooting against UConn Huskies? Go find another team to disparage.

Reaction Score
You have no idea whatsoever what kind of player he is or will be. Why are you rooting against UConn Huskies? Go find another team to disparage.
Yes neither of us has any idea what kind of player he is or will be, yet somehow you’ve made tons of posts telling us what kind of player he is or will be.

My post didn’t have anything to do with UConn or Samson Johnson, it was just laughing at your level of delusion on this topic.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Why did this thread become Karaban vs. Johnson? I think Karaban is a really smart player with a terrific shot. I also think Samson has talent and can help the team.

There is a possibility next year starting frontcourt is Clingan, Johnson and Karaban.

Very intriguing possibilities.

Reaction Score
I got a kick out of this board thinking he was the answer for last month, and kept my mouth shut. I will continue that. Other than saying: Why don't people think this stuff through?
Maybe because his name is Samson?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Any idea why Samson didn't get time vs Marquette ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom