2021 Recruiting: - Samson Johnson to UConn | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Samson Johnson to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Different types of forces acts on a dam structure such as water pressure, self weight, wave pressure etc. Determination of various forces which acts on the structure is the first step in the design of dams. These forces are considered to act per unit length of the dam. It is the pressure of water that acts perpendicular on the upstream face of the dam.

When the water is stored on the upstream side of a dam there exists a head of water equal to the height up to which the water is stored.

This water enters the pores, fissures, and cracks of the foundation material under pressure. It also enters the joint between the dam and the foundation at the base and the pores of the dam itself.

This water then seeps through and tries to emerge out on the downstream end. The seeping water creates hydraulic gradient between the upstream and downstream side of the dam.

This hydraulic gradient causes vertical upward pressure. The upward pressure is known as uplift which is the second largest external pressure. Uplift reduces the effective weight of the structure and consequently the restoring force is reduced.

Just saying.

Teacher?

Reaction Score
Sure I guess a grad transfer will make more sense.

does this mean that in 2021, Sanogo will be playing C? With Akok, springs (who I think get some time at the 3), and Samson, we would have a lot PFs but not a lot of true centers
In college is there really any difference between the 4 and the 5? Honestly, I don't think there is.

Reaction Score
I’ve always thought of Sanogo as more of a power forward no?

Interesting quote from Johnson’s coach too that Johnson liked the idea of coming here to exclusively play the 4 & we had 2 5’s already on the roster for next year. Assuming it’s Javonte Brown Ferguson and Sanogo

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
When this is all said and done I am going to have to see this ZOOM Presentation that the staff has been using the last 4 months. None of these kids could even visit and still committed.

You didn't get it from me...

Reaction Score
Don't sleep on Springs..He's going to surprise some folks..
Do you see Springs as a 5 or a 4? Also, their coach said that we had 2 5’s already on roster. So are you implying Springs and Javonte Brown Ferguson are the 2 5’s he was referring to?

Reaction Score
Do you see Springs as a 5 or a 4? Also, their coach said that we had 2 5’s already on roster. So are you implying Springs and Javonte Brown Ferguson are the 2 5’s he was referring to?
I think Sanogo and Brown-Ferguson are the 5s. I’m sure Springs could play there in a small lineup, but I don’t think he’s considered a 5.

Reaction Score
I think Sanogo and Brown-Ferguson are the 5s. I’m sure Springs could play there in a small lineup, but I don’t think he’s considered a 5.
Agree. That was a reply to Goose saying don’t sleep on Springs. I don’t think Springs was who Sampsons coach was referring to, so I was trying to see the relevance

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
In college is there really any difference between the 4 and the 5? Honestly, I don't think there is.
In the pre-stretch 4 era, I'd agree, but now I think the 4 is starting to play more like a three. If you think of the position that way, the way Hurley is recruiting makes more sense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've said it before. What I like is Hurley & staff is getting multiple kids at each position who are talented and want to be coached. When you face an equal talent in practice day in and day out, you can't help but improve unless you are mentally weak.
It's also a formula that Geno has used successfully building and recruiting for the women's program. Then need to perform and give maximum effort helps in itself getting the right type of players to the program.

Reaction Score
David told SI.com that Johnson can play four positions. He is ranked No. 71 in his class by ESPN, but, analyst Adam Finkelstein said, “the reality is, this guy has a chance to just keep going up, up and up. He’s bouncy athlete at the rim, not just as a finisher, but as a rim protector. He’s agile enough to have versatility on the defensive end of the floor. He’s also got a lot of shooting potential, he already makes threes, and as he continues to fill out he has an extremely bright future.”

Does anyone still want the free access links? Or does everyone know how to do that now?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
David told SI.com that Johnson can play four positions. He is ranked No. 71 in his class by ESPN, but, analyst Adam Finkelstein said, “the reality is, this guy has a chance to just keep going up, up and up. He’s bouncy athlete at the rim, not just as a finisher, but as a rim protector. He’s agile enough to have versatility on the defensive end of the floor. He’s also got a lot of shooting potential, he already makes threes, and as he continues to fill out he has an extremely bright future.”

Does anyone still want the free access links? Or does everyone know how to do that now?
I will always accept them gratefully, but thanks for point this option out.

Though they cannot comment until November, it’s safe to assume, based on the GIFs and memes they post on Twitter that the Huskies coaches are rather pleased.

Reaction Score
There have been multiple articles where the beat reporters (and I believe even Hurley) have said this will be a 4 man class. Might not be a HS senior but they'll be filling 1 more spot
I've seen the same thing written and talked about. Maybe I should have said, At the present time the class is full, but things could change.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Teacher?
My money is on structural engineer. A teacher would not have gone to such lengths without defining restoring force.

And for this group of casual and uniformed dam fans a teacher would have done little more than add earthquakes to chief’s rain.

Reaction Score

Chris Boucher likeness for future? Kind of reminds me a little like Boucher, the bounciness and length as well as thin for now.

Reaction Score
Chris Boucher likeness for future? Kind of reminds me a little like Boucher, the bounciness and length as well as thin for now.

Yes! This was the comp I haven't been able to put my finger on.

Johnson is probably an inch taller, and slightly better built/more athletic at the same stage. Boucher definitely had a more refined post move package and maybe a better bbiq. Nice memory though... haven't hard of Boucher in years. I think he's on the Raptors g league team?

Reaction Score
Yes! This was the comp I haven't been able to put my finger on.

Johnson is probably an inch taller, and slightly better built/more athletic at the same stage. Boucher definitely had a more refined post move package and maybe a better BBQ. Nice memory though... haven't hard of Boucher in years. I think he's on the Raptors g league team?

Boucher drew a spot start yesterday for the raptors and dropped 25 and 11 on the Bucks (no Giannis). When he gets playing time, he usually produces.

Reaction Score
I have heard Kenya will be the first to leave for a head coaching job, assuming Tom will stay and retire here with Hurley. Kimani even describes himself as an aau coach that happens to be at UConn (or something to that effect).

After losing his wife when the kids were 2, 4, and 6 and then moving them here when they were 12, 14 and 16, after five years in Minnesota, I would bet Kimani stays at least until all the kids are college age so they won't have to be uprooted from their friends again.
He seemed very appreciative of the stable environment he was able to create for them after his wife's death and becoming a Head Coach will not be as easy a transition as moving here as an assistant even though the kids are older. They're only kids once and he appears to very much value his time and relationship with them.

Reaction Score
Agree. That was a reply to Goose saying don’t sleep on Springs. I don’t think Springs was who Sampsons coach was referring to, so I was trying to see the relevance
I see Springs more as a 4 than a 5.. I think his game is more multi-dimensional than a grind-it-out/back to the basket 5.. I am not saying I see him as a starter in his earlier years.. But if/when some of the Bigs on the roster achieve their NBA aspirations.. He will be a valuable asset to have.. As talented and physically gifted as some of our Bigs are/appear to be.... They will need sometime to develop and strengthen physically and enhance their BB IQ.. It seems like he's comfortable putting the ball on the floor.. Pretty unusual for someone his size.. Maybe it's his background earlier in his BB career as a SF.... I think he's going to surprise people with his offensive efficiency.. Great guy to have coming off the bench..

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
1597193909659.png

Reaction Score
I have heard Kenya will be the first to leave for a head coaching job, assuming Tom will stay and retire here with Hurley. Kimani even describes himself as an aau coach that happens to be at UConn (or something to that effect).
What exactly does that explanation by Kimani mean? Not sure what it implies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul