Same script | The Boneyard

Same script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) Team isn't ready to play to start the half. Went down 11-4 in the first. Took five minutes to score in the second and gave up a 11-2 run along the way. Love the bizarre mix and match lineups that never, ever work.

2) We still have a couple of seven-footers who can't rebound a basketball or get in the way of someone who can.

3) The offense is still dysfunctional.

Numbers one and three are entirely on the coaching staff - not sure what these guys are doing in practice, but we're into years now where this seems to be an issue.

Number two is on the coaching staff as well; if you can't develop a prospect in the front court, start recruiting ready-made players.

Reaction Score
1) Team isn't ready to play to start the half. Went down 11-4 in the first. Took five minutes to score in the second and gave up a 11-2 run along the way. Love the bizarre mix and match lineups that never, ever work.

2) We still have a couple of seven-footers who can't rebound a basketball or get in the way of someone who can.

3) The offense is still dysfunctional.

Numbers one and three are entirely on the coaching staff - not sure what these guys are doing in practice, but we're into years now where this seems to be an issue.

Number two is on the coaching staff as well; if you can't develop a prospect in the front court, start recruiting ready-made players.

Brimah gained muscle but still isn't a factor other Than some lob passes and a block or two that he sends out of play

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
There's something missing that Ollie hasn't figured out, and maybe he assumed all PGs eventually learn like Kemba and Shabazz, but is realizing that's not always true.

Just me guessing, as both a diehard fan and basketball enthusiast in general. It feels like he's not focusing on some things maybe he didn't need to before because they were intuitive to the greats.

But either way, it's an awful feeling watching the same stuff we figured would work itself out 3 years ago. At some point he's gotta figure a way to reach these guys.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
The one block he should have kept in play but wow it looked so good!:eek:

Basically worthless front court

That drove me nuts. Zero reason to swat it out of bounds except for your ego. He could have basically caught the ball and started a break. Just super dumb.

Reaction Score
KO always has bizarre rotations (at least until February) and has never been a particularly good offensive coach. I almost would probably rather see a more rigid offensive system - I think its hard to just roll the ball out and run bland pNr and motion offenses without NBA players but I do think Jalen and Alterique will thrive as the season progresses in this scheme.

Reaction Score
Have to say very disappointed he rarely left the bench in crunch time??!!??

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Brimah gained muscle but still isn't a factor other Than some lob passes and a block or two that he sends out of play
He's not a basketball player. He's not even as athletic as I thought he could be.

Reaction Score
KO always has bizarre rotations (at least until February) and has never been a particularly good offensive coach. I almost would probably rather see a more rigid offensive system - I think its hard to just roll the ball out and run bland pNr and motion offenses without NBA players but I do think Jalen and Alterique will thrive as the season progresses in this scheme.
its tough when the bigs arent good screeners, all our below average bigs only feel comfortable attempting infficient post moves, they aren't good passers , screeners or offensive rebounders really. Facey is ok but he doesn't really carve out space and eat the glass. I also agree his rotations have always been bizarre 100%, he yanked like 4 starters after 4 minutes. they'llstruggle to get any rhythm with that approach.

Reaction Score
I gotta be honest, I never get rattled by losses, but I'm *absolutely apoplectic* about this loss. I just literally watched the Connecticut Huskies get utterly outplayed by Wagner while watching through a face time app stream of someone's TV in an arena that is blacked out because flakes are falling from the ceiling. While playing in a conference no one gives a flying about because god save the glorified 1-AA football program that no one pays actual money to watch.

This isn't the first game of the season. This is another game in a series of games over three seasons where you're just watching the same, redundant mess. Same problems, different personnel. It's 1,000% on the coaching staff. I'm done hearing about the talent. I'm done hearing about what's going to turn around and when. This team literally has 4 or 5 top 50 recruits from respective recruiting classes and we're bumbling around the court against teams like Yale and Wagner - at *home*.

I'm a game into this season and I actually feel like I already need a breather from this team. I'm ridiculous right now, but good lord. Just completely inexcusable.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
its tough when the bigs arent good screeners, all our below average bigs only feel comfortable attempting infficient post moves, they aren't good passers , screeners or offensive rebounders really. Facey is ok but he doesn't really carve out space and eat the glass. I also agree his rotations have always been bizarre 100%, he yanked like 4 starters after 4 minutes. they'llstruggle to get any rhythm with that approach.

I get jealous when I can turn on any other top team and see 3-4 good to great bigs and we cant get one decent one. You would have thought we would have lucked into one by now.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Just when I thought is was safe to go in the water, sheesh, Football made me long for basketball, now it may take hockey to save me.

Hockey just got face f---ed by Ohio State.

Reaction Score

The screening issue is mind blowing, especially considering how many times they run pNr. I want to put it on coaching more than Amidah, because how can you even allow these lackadaisical screens to continue. Its not a skill thing, these guys are just running through the motions.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
1) On the slow starts...not scoring is the big culprit. What offense we do run is easily guardable. There's very little variation in what we do, and we over rely on guards trying to manufacture late in the shot clock. Unless one of our guards has the hot hand from the get go, there's no rhythm. This has been true of every Ollie team since being named head coach.

2) To improve on rebounding, it takes a lot more than adding muscle. Lateral quickness and anticipation mean as much or more.

3) See #1.

Reaction Score
I get jealous when I can turn on any other top team and see 3-4 good to great bigs and we cant get one decent one. You would have thought we would have lucked into one by now.

I am disappointed with Amidah's performance tonight but I think people overrate how good other teams have it in terms of bigs. There just aren't that many of them....For God's sake, both of the Plumlee's are starting centers in the NBA.

Reaction Score
1) On the slow starts...not scoring is the big culprit. What offense we do run is easily guardable. There's very little variation in what we do, and we over rely on guards trying to manufacture late in the shot clock. Unless one of our guards has the hot hand from the get go, there's no rhythm. This has been true of every Ollie team since being named head coach.

2) To improve on rebounding, it takes a lot more than adding muscle. Lateral quickness and anticipation mean as much or more.

3) See #1.
Ollie just said it in his press conference, rebounding takes will and fight to corral the ball, and his bigs didn't have it. mentioned enouch but didn't even mention brimah by name, don't think that bodes well for him lol

Reaction Score
Look, I'm watching North Carolina playing Tulane now and realize we have a talent deficit down low against almost EVERYONE, NC, Tulane, Wagner, probably Central. This isn't new news but it really does affect all aspects of the game. Thought Larrier was good tonight.

Reaction Score
I am disappointed with Amidah's performance tonight but I think people overrate how good other teams have it in terms of bigs. There just aren't that many of them....For God's sake, both of the Plumlee's are starting centers in the NBA.
What about Wagner's center tonight?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Brimah's total lack of lateral quickness has been killing us for three years. It stunts our offense, limits his rebounding, and causes him to pick up fouls on defense. Too late to do anything about it now. I won't miss him when he's gone though.

Reaction Score
I gotta be honest, I never get rattled by losses, but I'm *absolutely apoplectic* about this loss. I just literally watched the Connecticut Huskies get utterly outplayed by Wagner while watching through a face time app stream of someone's TV in an arena that is blacked out because flakes are falling from the ceiling. While playing in a conference no one gives a flying about because god save the glorified 1-AA football program that no one pays actual money to watch.

This isn't the first game of the season. This is another game in a series of games over three seasons where you're just watching the same, redundant mess. Same problems, different personnel. It's 1,000% on the coaching staff. I'm done hearing about the talent. I'm done hearing about what's going to turn around and when. This team literally has 4 or 5 top 50 recruits from respective recruiting classes and we're bumbling around the court against teams like Yale and Wagner - at *home*.

I'm a game into this season and I actually feel like I already need a breather from this team. I'm ridiculous right now, but good lord. Just completely inexcusable.
This...all of this

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Watching Zona and M State and realizing we will never play in one of these showcases again. Remember when we beat State in Germany and it looked like we had a great young coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom