Same script | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Same script

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Shooting was abysmal tonight, especially considering how slow Wagner was defensively. Some of those misses were off wide open shots.

I must have seen 5 rebounds/loose balls hit a UConn hand and end up with a Wagner player in the first half alone. That is simply effort and concentration. I thought the defense was worse than the stats indicated, because Wagner missed a lot of open looks.

I don't love the offense, but Wagner was running a very similar offense with a lot of flex cuts and low post/baseline screens to get players free popping out. Wagner was able to score using it. Players have to make plays.

Reaction Score
Team can't shoot. A team that plays zone will love playing........oh carp!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Brimah gained muscle but still isn't a factor other Than some lob passes and a block or two that he sends out of play
I think Brimah has maxed out ability. Don't think you can blame coaches for a kid who reached athletic limit.

Reaction Score
Look, I'm watching North Carolina playing Tulane now and realize we have a talent deficit down low against almost EVERYONE, NC, Tulane, Wagner, probably Central. This isn't new news but it really does affect all aspects of the game. Thought Larrier was good tonight.
We are still being hurt by the sanctions. In another year or two we will get some decent post players.

Reaction Score
Can we talk about how hard Purvis was pressing tonight? Purvis has to play in the flow of the game to be good. He has 3 bad looking turnovers. When he dribbles I get nervous.

If Adams doesn't develop a mid ranger jumper and a left hand then it will be a long season. He went 4-15 and didn't look good.

Reaction Score
We are still being hurt by the sanctions. In another year or two we will get some decent post players

Good lord, burn this post alive.

We've had some *outstanding* recruiting classes the last few years. We're past that and beyond it. Ollie's gotta make it come together.

Reaction Score
Good lord, burn this post alive.

We've had some *outstanding* recruiting classes the last few years. We're past that and beyond it. Ollie's gotta make it come together.

Really? Facey and Brimah (ranked 240) and getting "lucky" with a Purvis transfer. I dont want to hear it. We suck, but our recruiting classes for the previous three years have been so sub UConn Standard (besides JA)

Reaction Score
firing the staff is an overreaction. but man none of these players look like they took a leap. Larrier looks like the identical inefficient chucker he was at vcu and adams can't shoot and plays lazy defense. All the bigs are below average, I did like what i saw from AG and Vital. its crazy vital might be much better than purvis.

Reaction Score
I think Brimah has maxed out ability. Don't think you can blame coaches for a kid who reached athletic limit.
Then the coach needs to recognize this and not play him so much. Pretty simple answer.

Reaction Score
firing the staff is an overreaction. but man none of these players look like they took a leap. Larrier looks like the identical inefficient chucker he was at vcu and adams can't shoot and plays lazy defense. All the bigs are below average, I did like what i saw from AG and Vital. its crazy vital might be much better than purvis.
Larrier and Gilbert, and to a lesser extent Vital, were our only good players tonight, can't believe you picked Larrier over any other 8 players that played like * on the team

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Really? Facey and Brimah (ranked 240) and getting "lucky" with a Purvis transfer. I dont want to hear it. We suck, but our recruiting classes for the previous three years have been so sub UConn Standard (besides JA)

Just stop it.

They brought in almost seven four-star guys or better in the past three/four years plus essentially landing two monstrous transfers last year. We're losing to Wagner. And Yale. And Houston. Playing in an arena with darkened lights because the ceiling is flaking...

Reaction Score
Larger and Gilbert, and to a lesser extent Vital, were our only good players tonight, can't believe you picked Larrier over any other 8 players that played like * on the team

wow I was wrong he had a efficient game. still could have played better defense.

Reaction Score
wow I was wrong he had a efficient game. still could have played better defense.
Agree, but everyone could've, every 3 was open, chasing the ball around the whole time.

Reaction Score
Larrier mid range game is nice but I don't want him taking 7 threes. He banked one in and hit a desperate one at the end.

They were giving us the the outside shot and cramming the middle to not let AG or Adams in the paint. They ran double screens all night.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We need to stop recruiting big men projects as our starting centers that don't pan out, between bri

a top 10 recruiting class ?

Brimah's literally only here because of sanctions. Winter '13 we had no other options.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Larrier was being a bit of a gunner and forcing things tonight, but he did have his moments where he looked pretty solid.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Another year where they are a non-factor during the regular season seems likely.

Reaction Score
Just stop it.

They brought in almost seven four-star guys or better in the past three/four years plus essentially landing two monstrous transfers last year. We're losing to Wagner. And Yale. And Houston. Playing in an arena with darkened lights because the ceiling is flaking...
Let's break this down. You are saying we have lots of talent. We are also losing to teams like Yale, Wagner and Houston. So.........

Reaction Score
Anyone criticizing the defense tonight isn't necessarily wrong (especially if you count rebounding), but certainly not seeing the bigger fish to fry.

We scored less than 1pp against Wagner at home.

Reaction Score
Brimah's literally only here because of sanctions. Winter '13 we had no other options.
There it is!!!! See, I told you...the sanctions. That and conference affiliation. And some lingering effects from not having a practice facility for so long...don't forget that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom