Sam Cassell Jr. to UCONN! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sam Cassell Jr. to UCONN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Think of PG combos who pass AND score. Especially with 3 guards on the floor.

Bazz and Boatright.
Kemba and Bazz.
Kemba and Dyson.
AJ Price and Dyson.
Khalid and Ricky Moore.

The only guard combo I remember as being absolutely set as "distributor" and "scorer" were Taliek and Ben Gordon.

Yes we will have a very interchangable team next year. SC PG/SG, RP SG/PG, OC SF/SG, DH SF/PF/SG, PN C/PF. Nice to have that flexibility but I wonder who is going to start. I bet ollie goes with the small lineups as none of our bigs are dominating forces.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
“The great thing is he could play on the ball or off the ball,” Chipola coach Pat Blake previously told the Baltimore Sun. “He scores it so well and has a great feel and can get other people shots. He’ll primarily be our point. He’ll also play off the ball some as well. I imagine him handling the ball.
“If you need to find someone that young that kind of has that older man’s game, [Cassell is your guy]. He’s a very heady, high-basketball IQ [player], with that kind of poise and knowledge for the game. I knew he had that. I just didn’t know he had such a high level.”

From Zags^ http://zagsblog.com/articles/sam-cassell-jr-to-uconn/.

Sounds exactly like the type of player that fits our system. Can't wait to see what Ollie can do with him.

Reaction Score
Closes the door on Lyle, but it was only open a crack, anyway. Doesn't matter, Cassell's a stud. Let's add D Rob and call it a day!

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
Did he beam himself down from his dad's UFO prior to making this decision?

Reaction Score
Well he can't recruit big men! Half-joking. LOL!

Neither could Calhoun (half-joking)

If we somehow end up with the likes of Voskuhl, Okafor, Boone, Armstrong and Thabeet in the future, I'm sure no one here will be complaining about the lack of top-ranked bigs.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Closes the door on Lyle, but it was only open a crack, anyway. Doesn't matter, Cassell's a stud. Let's add D Rob and call it a day!

Louisville fans who saw both of them play and had scouts give opinions were adamant that Cassell is a better player. Lyle apparently was an excellent playmaker but lacked athleticism, questionable defender. Lyle also had a good outside shot. Cassell is a lockdown defender, scorer.

Reaction Score
2428518.jpg

Reaction Score
Just awesome news. I wonder how much refreshes this site endures to finally get a post like this. Over 10 billion served.

Love his floater. His Dad is a winner. Just happy happy happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom