Rumors Again Surfacing - Magic wants Ollie | The Boneyard

Rumors Again Surfacing - Magic wants Ollie

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Was watching Lakers game the other night and I swear I heard announcers mention KO name after they said magic Johnson wants to make some changes and offer strong opinions on what player and coaching changes.

Not sure if anyone else heard that?

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
We must be the luckiest program in the country.

Somehow, we are susceptible to negative recruiting with claims that both:
A) our coach is steering a sinking ship of a program (already cost us Diallo)
and
B) our coach is a hot commodity and might leave for the NBA
Agree

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Wow, y'all really want to push Ollie out the door...

Reaction Score
One thing about it, this is not UConn football. If Ollie leaves, there will be a long line of accomplished coaches willing to come take over this program.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nobody wants anything of the sort, can you read? I was asking if anyone heard that!
I didn't read that but certain posters generate certain reactions
Take it easy, Stairs maybe was being facetious
But the KO bashers are out there

Reaction Score
I have no doubt Magic will want to erase the recent past and put his fingerprints on this project in short order. However, I seriously doubt Walton gets booted so soon.

Reaction Score
I think Walton is a pretty good young coach and they will give him some time. The Lakers have some good young talent but not nearly enough to compete out West. I doubt they'd scrap Luke this quickly. But if they do I hope the Knicks go after him

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
You misheard. The idea is of firing Walton is preposterous.
Walton is one of the few coaches out there I'd trade Ollie for, straight up. If the Lakers want to throw in Mozgov as well to get his contract off the books, we'll do them a solid and take him.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Holy s... do you just enter threads with a game plan of how to blow it up with your same shtick over and over and over?

Its like you sniff out these opportunities. GUYS, STAIRMASTER SUPPORTS KEVIN OLLIE. Great now let's never talk about it again.

And speaking of shtick...tell me, how giddy did reading this thread title make you? Maybe our next coach can get Drake to come to first night and get us some of that "exposure" we're missing out on?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
And speaking of shtick...tell me, how giddy did reading this thread title make you? Maybe our next coach can get Drake to come to first night and get us some of that "exposure" we're missing out on?
Why would it make me giddy?

I'm honestly sick of you using this tactic as a shield on here. Whenever you want to target someone you somehow spin it into how much they want KO gone or how they don't really like the program. You are trying to draw an emotional response based on zero substance. It's like going around and saying "you don't like America, and you don't like America...". You are an absolute joke.

I have never once pushed the idea that Kevin Ollie needs to go. And if you are going to sit here and lie to make that your out then we have a major problem.

Reaction Score
Was watching Lakers game the other night and I swear I heard announcers mention KO name after they said magic Johnson wants to make some changes and offer strong opinions on what player and coaching changes.

Not sure if anyone else heard that?
Ha, the Lakers are in love with Walton. This is very well known. The last thing they are doing is making a coaching change.

Do people just try to make this board burn down?

Reaction Score
KO has a 3 million dollar gravy train here. He's smarter than that.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Walton was a big hire and very promising. Only problem is Magic has a reputation of being a bit thick skulled. Is he going to be a Danny Ainge ex-player turned GM or will he be more in the mold of Isaiah Thomas and the Knicks. I personally think he's more of the latter so canning Walton a year in isn't something I'd put past him.

Reaction Score
Didn't read much of this.

But if NBA teams are still considering Ollie, they realize the great job he's doing with limited recruiting early on, and huge injury problems.

Same with team USA last summer.

Let's all shut it about how much ollie sucks then, yeah?

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
KO has a 3 million dollar gravy train here. He's smarter than that.
Yeah, last I checked the NBA generally pays more.. Ollie seems like a stand up guy, so it'd have to be a very special deal to leave... don't believe he's going anywhere though which is why I asked if anyone else heard that or was watching the game...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom