Rumor- UCONN Pursuing ACC Membership? | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Rumor- UCONN Pursuing ACC Membership?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
We’d lose to every single one of those teams.
I love UConn football, I’m not trying to be out here trashing us but I do want to be realistic about expectations.
I just wanted to point out that your realistic expectations are based on the here and now. Don't you think we'd have access to recruiting better players if we were in a better league. Much like conference realignment as a whole, it's important to see what could be as well as what it is now. UConn could compete in the B12 in a few years of increased recruiting.

Reaction Score
Call me naive, but I think if the ACC were to let Clemson, Louisville, and FSU leave, and replace them with UConn and Tulane, and add in Army, Navy for FB only, the ACC will become a much more exciting conference overall. It would also add NYC metro, Washington DC metro, and New Orleans markets.

Reaction Score
I just wanted to point out that your realistic expectations are based on the here and now. Don't you think we'd have access to recruiting better players if we were in a better league. Much like conference realignment as a whole, it's important to see what could be as well as what it is now. UConn could compete in the B12 in a few years of increased recruiting.
Ok but by that logic you can just add any team and say well now they’re in a better conference and have more resources so they should be better. It doesn’t work like that. You have to earn your spot. Much like UCF or BYU did for the B12. While in all time POS conference.

Reaction Score
This thread is bananas. Culture be damned, go wherever the hell they're willing to pay you. Right now, UConn makes what 5 million from The Big East and 500K from CBSN for football? Maybe an additional 500K from Hockey East and another 500K-1 Mil from SNY for Women's Basketball? UConn has a large amount of varsity sports that are likely being subsidized by student fees. If that can be reversed in any way with positive revenue you have to pursue it.

Reaction Score
The problem for the ACC is there are not enough marquee football matchups...the northeastern tier of Cuse and BC have not been successful of late.

Not enough attractive conference games to attract eyeballs...which is why FSU opens with LSU two years in a row and plays Alabama and Georgia early in four games starting in 2025 and through 2027. In addition to the annual Florida game.

Clemson has scheduled a set of four games with Georgia and two with LSU along with yearly South Carolina

Miami has scheduled a couple with Florida, a couple with Auburn, and a game with Texas A&M.

Borrowing a cup of sugar from the SEC.

And it is why the 12 games (total) that the Irish are scheduled to play against FSU and Clemson are valued.

Reaction Score
Call me naive, but I think if the ACC were to let Clemson, Louisville, and FSU leave, and replace them with UConn and Tulane, and add in Army, Navy for FB only, the ACC will become a much more exciting conference overall. It would also add NYC metro, Washington DC metro, and New Orleans markets.
The ACC watched the governance of the oBE for years before raiding it. The schools that left weren't happy with the dominance of the Catholic 7. What makes you think that the ACC would take in a school that isn't named Notre Dame for FB or BB only?

Reaction Score
The ACC watched the governance of the oBE for years before raiding it. The schools that left weren't happy with the dominance of the Catholic 7. What makes you think that the ACC would take in a school that isn't named Notre Dame for FB or BB only?
Money!

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is, perhaps, the most sought of potential conference adds.

They are valuable because they are a brand that is watched....last season even BC-ND brought over a million viewers.,...Notre Dame vs Marchall almost 2.5 million.

Reaction Score
Because Swofford effed up

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is, perhaps, the most sought of potential conference adds.

They are valuable because they are a brand that is watched....last season even BC-ND brought over a million viewers.,...Notre Dame vs Marchall almost 2.5 million.
That's because all of the old people that watch ND died with the TV stuck on NBC.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
All these speculative posts. Anyone familiar with rule 1?
This is true. As bad as the L'ville decision was, ACC could still backfill with USF, Temple and Navy :eek:

Reaction Score
I don’t disagree that of the p5 the ACC is in the worst position. Maybe tied with the Pac12 or a little worse. But do you really see the other 3 offering us a spot given the state of our football program?

I love UConn football, I’m not trying to be out here trashing us but I do want to be realistic about expectations.
I really believe that we are an 8+ win season from a B12 invite in all sports. Football is the only blemish to our outstanding athletic department, which outshines the majority of P5 programs year after year, even during some of our worst seasons. Our academics are outstanding as well, competitive with most P5 institutions.

Anecdotally, I’m on vacation in Bonita Springs, FL and have had 5 people randomly congratulate me on hoops making the final 4. I’ve seen 8 people wearing UConn swag. Ive seen one UGA shirt, one TCU shirt and one PSU shirt, that’s it. I haven’t even seen a single shirt/hat from a Florida school yet. The UConn brand is strong and would be a huge score for the B12. The only thing we need is football, and I think Mora will get us there.

Reaction Score
Way more people like to watch ND lose than watch them win. They'll always pop a rating whenever they s*** the bed on national TV.

The same could be said for many teams...Ohio State for one, Bama for another.

Reaction Score
Texas A&M is a flagship...

And so is Stony Brook...so designated by the State, with Buffalo, as the flagship uni's of New York. Both are AAU.

Reaction Score
UConn is a state flagship university. The only schools in the ACC who can say that are UNC and UVA. The only school in the Big 12 who can say that is Kansas.
FSU is a flagship, not that it matters.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The dominance of the Catholic 7? The Catholic 7 left because they didn’t like taking a small partial share, and felt disenfranchised by the football schools.

Reaction Score
The Catholic 7 were responsible for Penn State not joining the oBE. They had the majority vote in the conference.
Villanova, St Johns, and Georgetown were the 3 no votes which kept Penn State out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Catholic 7 were responsible for Penn State not joining the oBE. They had the majority vote in the conference.
Until they didn’t.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom