Rumor from CSNBBS Conference Realignment board | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Rumor from CSNBBS Conference Realignment board

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No, i realized it. I just hate UNC right now. Its not rational, it just is.

I've hated UNC for decades. This guy is maybe the least annoying Carolina fan I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
Here's the only analogy I can come up with to help you see from our perspective. We are the patient with the very rare disease. You are the latest med student to waltz through our room and attempt to impress us with your knowledge of the medical profession. It doesn't matter if your empathy is genuine or fake. The mixture of it with your need to impose upon us your opinions of what ails us for the 100th time is irritating. The bottom line your mere presence is a reminder of the cruel joke fate has played on us. Forgive us if we resent you and your clipboard.

I apologise if it came across that way. Not my intent, at all.

Reaction Score
You are far from the worst visitor. We have just had or fair share of guests both empathetic with or situation and complete tools about it. I won't speak for everyone but I know I am still on edge about conference realignment and certainly jealous of programs that made out better

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think we've reached the point where no visitor can come here and not set us off. We're too used to SU, RU and UL fans trying to come here to rewrite their realities after finding that their new conference mates are not really all that thrilled by their arrival.

On some level, even the good ones are all here to peer down into our pit of misery and see what sort of wreckage their conference has created and for that, I hope their pets wither and die.

Of course, the day a Tulane fan stops by to make friends will go down as the ugliest day on Boneyard history.

Reaction Score
You are far from the worst visitor. We have just had or fair share of guests both empathetic with or situation and complete tools about it. I won't speak for everyone but I know I am still on edge about conference realignment and certainly jealous of programs that made out better

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You guys got hosed. No doubt about it.

Reaction Score
Seems completely absurd to me.

But at least it's something to liven up this board a little bit. It's been a bit of a ghost town lately.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think we've reached the point where no visitor can come here and not set us off. We're too used to SU, RU and UL fans trying to come here to rewrite their realities after finding that their new conference mates are not really all that thrilled by their arrival.

On some level, even the good ones are all here to peer down into our pit of misery and see what sort of wreckage their conference has created and for that, I hope their pets wither and die.

Of course, the day a Tulane fan stops by to make friends will go down as the ugliest day on Boneyard history.

Oh when UConn is playing Akron in the Motor Tire Papa's International bowl, someone is going to send a link to Tommy Bowden. Tommy's going to be waxing poetic about the undefeated 98 Tulane team when someone points out that UConn can at least beat South Carolina and then things will get real.

When Dabo Swinney makes you look bad you end up with a chip on your shoulder.

pj

Reaction Score
My ill will towards UNC is tempered by my utter disdain for Duke. . .(An enemy of my enemy. . .)

Sounds like you really want in to the ACC. Personally, I want in the B1G. I have some affection for the Tobacco Road schools because they're good basketball rivals and seemed to want us to be in, but dislike the schools that were hostile to us or sabotaged the Big East -- Fla State, BC, Cuse, Pitt, Miami. May they continue to bring down each other's strength of schedule.

Reaction Score
Sounds like you really want in to the ACC. Personally, I want in the B1G. I have some affection for the Tobacco Road schools because they're good basketball rivals and seemed to want us to be in, but dislike the schools that were hostile to us or sabotaged the Big East -- Fla State, BC, Cuse, Pitt, Miami. May they continue to bring down each other's strength of schedule.

Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion. UCONN doesn't need to be in the ACC for me to despise Duke. Additionally, I have always felt that UCONN's long term interests are best served in the Big Ten. In fact, land-grant, flagship universities are increasingly a minority in the ACC.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And to continue Oka's analogy: we are the patients to your med residency. There is a wide spectrum of reaction by patients to their doctors even when situations are hopeless. Just follow Sam Simon. Not all of us have given up hope or are destroyed by events.

It is good to have allies even among those who are hostile to Uconn. And it is good for you to know that not every UConn fan represents the entire base.

Reaction Score
If you've ventured over to the CSNBBS Realignment board, you will have seen that the "From the Inside" poster is falling apart at the seems. He's becoming increasingly more erratic. My hunch is that it is not a real inside scoop. I'm sure most of you already knew that; however, his latest posts are confirming that he's cracked.

Reaction Score
Syracuse, Wake Forest, BC are not going to be able to keep up with the land grand schools. That's for sure. We're proof.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If you've ventured over to the CSNBBS Realignment board, you will have seen that the "From the Inside" poster is falling apart at the seems. He's becoming increasingly more erratic. My hunch is that it is not a real inside scoop. I'm sure most of you already knew that; however, his latest posts are confirming that he's cracked.
If you haven't scrolled through this whole thread here's the take home message - it looks like CSNBBS's "From the Inside" borrowed/stole that name from someone who posted under "From the Inside" on this board. The original "From the Inside" had some expertise in contract valuation, or at least talked a good enough game to give that impression. The CSNBBS guy, not so much. And we think he's a guy that used to post here who was erratic. I haven't looked through all the threads over there but if my hunch is correct, I'm not surprised if what you say is accurate.

Of course for all I know maybe you're not the same miko33 from CSNBBS:)

Reaction Score
HFD cares about and has a good knowledge of UConn secondary sports.
These sports are too prominent in his post.
UConn women field hockey and lacrosse will be in the New Big East next year and possibly beyond.

This indicates that there still is a level of co-operation between UConn and the C7. If we continue to be a power all these teams especially Providence, Georgetown, and Villanova will want to schedule us. UCONN also has a good relationship with SNY. (I pay 12bucks a month to watch the Huskies and I live in AZ).
These are facts and a good ruse must have a base in fact.
There is a gross exaggeration of the money involved and the listing of potential schedules is the coup de grace. Both of these were unnecessary to the post. Using a term like an undisclosed amount would have been better. Why list a schedule?
Franks asscessment of negotions with a conference are really not that meaningful. Naming a conference could be synonymous with meaning undisclosed teams within that conference.
A much better choice of words.
My critique does not diminish how successful he was in obtaining his goals. His main objective is to inject life into a demorallized fanbase if only briefly. In other words to provide entertainment
I think he was successful.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Fans: show up. Teams: win. Coaches: recruit AD: schedule agressively. That's pretty much the only formula that is going to get UConn anywhere. HFD's fantasy is full of holes. Instead of wishful thinking, we should all recognize the hard work that lies ahead and hope that UConn and its fans are up to the task.

Reaction Score
Fans: show up. Teams: win. Coaches: recruit AD: schedule agressively. That's pretty much the only formula that is going to get UConn anywhere. HFD's fantasy is full of holes. Instead of wishful thinking, we should all recognize the hard work that lies ahead and hope that UConn and its fans are up to the task.

I am.

Are you?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This indicates that there still is a level of co-operation between UConn and the C7. If we continue to be a power all these teams especially Providence, Georgetown, and Villanova will want to schedule us. UCONN also has a good relationship with SNY. (I pay 12bucks a month to watch the Huskies and I live in AZ)...

The C7 did split from the Old Big East on amicable terms. Aresco has already said there will probably be OOC basketball cooperation between the two conferences. So there is that.

My question is what makes you think that between the two (AAC and BIg East), that the Big East, including the C7, is the more desirable conference and would be doing UConn a favor in scheduling them? If my interpretation is incorrect, please let me know.

I think by virtue of supporting football, the AAC programs will have bigger budgets and more exposure, which leads to better recruiting. Ergo, if either one of the two becomes a Power, it will be the AAC.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Fans: show up. Teams: win. Coaches: recruit AD: schedule agressively. Fans: show up That's pretty much the only formula that is going to get UConn anywhere. HFD's fantasy is full of holes. Instead of wishful thinking, we should all recognize the hard work that lies ahead and hope that UConn and its fans are up to the task.

Reaction Score
And to continue Oka's analogy: we are the patients to your med residency. There is a wide spectrum of reaction by patients to their doctors even when situations are hopeless. Just follow Sam Simon. Not all of us have given up hope or are destroyed by events.

It is good to have allies even among those who are hostile to Uconn. And it is good for you to know that not every UConn fan represents the entire base.

No worries at all. I can only imagine how tough its been.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If it's HFD he may have found a home. Trojan claims to make more than $250k a day.

Reaction Score
I read this over and at this point, and I speak for most UC fans...we don't give a crap how it goes down as long as we get out of this dumpster fire that is the AAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom