Rumor from CSNBBS Conference Realignment board | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Rumor from CSNBBS Conference Realignment board

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Speak for yourself. Some of us aren't gullible, suggestable, and prone to knee-jerk reactions.

I get you are mad about where we are. IT IS NOT MY FAULT, so why don't you just chill out?

Now I remember why I don't post on the Conference Realignment Board. Rather than discuss alternatives for the current situation or at least assess what may happen, we have 10 pages in this thread of mostly posters attacking other posters.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
A UNC fan says the world looks down on Uconn because of APR. The irony is unbelievable. Also because of an under performing football team? Again, irony so thick you have to cut it with a knife.

The guy made it pretty clear it wasn't his opinion and he goes on to say UNC has no standing to talk about any other school's APR.

I don't really find anything he wrong or offensive.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The guy made it pretty clear it wasn't his opinion and he goes on to say UNC has no standing to talk about any other school's APR.

I don't really find anything he wrong or offensive.

I hate everything UNC since they skated with the most egregious ncaa violation I've ever seen. Therefore, I don't care if its his opinion. I just hate him for being a Tar Heel.

Reaction Score
UMD has 2 football MNCs (1951, 1953), and, B2B Final Four appearances (2001-2002), with a national title in '02. Not to mention, roughly a half dozen men's lacrosse titles. Boomer Esiasion won the ACC title his senior year in college, and, took his Cincinnati Benglas team to the Super Bowl. Has any Rutgers QB ever done that?

If you want to make a H2H comparison of the UMD and RU athletic departments' accomplishments, please, go ahead. I feel pretty safe in saying that RU will be shown to be lacking.

As for the 'future potential' you mention, thats fanspeak for 'ain't done ---- yet.'

No one in the East cares about Md!!

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
It may or may not be HFD but it is definitely not the original FromtheInside that nelson helped chase off. He's kvetching about posters attacking other posters but he's usually amongst the worst offenders.

Reaction Score
No one in the East cares about Md!!
Nicky. I'ave been a big Rutgers supporter as I think given the right competition they will thrive in the B1G.
I also think the addition of UConn to the B1G would have been impossible without Rutgers. Some would agrue that's its still impossible but with you guys in their may be hope. Anyone who knows the B1G knows the rivalries within the league are important . Even games like Purdue vs Indiana or Minn vs Wisconsin add to the lore.
The B1G Apple battle will actually be of greater importance as it has the possibility to energize the Tri-State area. One of the largest demographics in the country..
Rutgers should realize Maryland has a much wider national name recognition than Rutgers.
For the current fan (remember football fans and basketball fan of a team are frequently the same) UConn by virtue of its recent success has better name recognition than Rutgers.
Many fans outside the NE thought Rutgers was an elite private school. I had to explain you were a flagship state university of a pretty big state.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
It may or may not be HFD but it is definitely not the original FromtheInside that nelson helped chase off. He's kvetching about posters attacking other posters but he's usually amongst the worst offenders.

That crazy list of teams moving is vintage HFD. It has to be him.

Reaction Score
How long before frank pi$$es all over this?

Nice. I actually think that UConn would explore independence IF that was the only way to move up to "Division 4". Being independent for football and playing Big East basketball isn't entirely implausible. What doesn't jive in the OP's linked thread is the notion that UConn would be negotiating with the SEC and Pac-12 as conferences to play games. That should be a tell-tale sign of how the story is bogus - the SEC can't even get its own members to play a 9th conference game because their schools value their non-conference scheduling autonomy so fiercely and the Pac-12 dropped an alliance with the Big Ten because many of its members didn't like the lack of non-conference scheduling flexibility, too. If the story hadn't gone that far and simply stated that some individual SEC and Pac-12 schools were interested in playing UConn, then that would at least been a bit more believable. Suggesting that the conference offices would have anything to do with scheduling UConn, though, is fairly ridiculous (and I think most people here know that).

Much like ACC destruction stories spun out of West Virginia over the past year, the story takes an overarching scenario that's plausible ("The Big 12 wants to expand! UConn wants to go independent!") and fills it up with a web of details that are intoxicating for people that need to see conference realignment moving again. Like I've said, I would actually expect UConn to explore the possibility of independence if that's the only way that they can play at the "Division 4" level. I just don't expect any power conferences (emphasis on conference offices as opposed to individual power conference schools making individual scheduling choices) to help UConn do it.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Oh that was just a tinkle, Frank...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Nicky. I'ave been a big Rutgers supporter as I think given the right competition they will thrive in the B1G.
I also think the addition of UConn to the B1G would have been impossible without Rutgers. Some would agrue that's its still impossible but with you guys in their may be hope. Anyone who knows the B1G knows the rivalries within the league are important . Even games like Purdue vs Indiana or Minn vs Wisconsin add to the lore.
The B1G Apple battle will actually be of greater importance as it has the possibility to energize the Tri-State area. One of the largest demographics in the country..
Rutgers should realize Maryland has a much wider national name recognition than Rutgers.
For the current fan (remember football fans and basketball fan of a team are frequently the same) UConn by virtue of its recent success has better name recognition than Rutgers.
Many fans outside the NE thought Rutgers was an elite private school. I had to explain you were a flagship state university of a pretty big state.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

@True or not I don't like SouthronCross's arrogant tone!!RU is well known internationally and has the most Fortune 500 CEO's of any school!In Nj were I was raised in the 50'/70s MD was never much thought of and NY/NJ is where the people are!Your post was done at least tastefully!I lived in LA for years and RU was thought of as an IVY then!lol..but it was better then!

Reaction Score
Heck,RU was a bigger power in hoop's than most in the East in the 70s/early 80s!Maryland was mostly considered in Delmarva with smallish fanbase forever?National?MD?Not that I would notice!But at least your rational AZHusky!Thanks for your input!

Reaction Score
A UNC fan says the world looks down on Uconn because of APR. The irony is unbelievable. Also because of an under performing football team? Again, irony so thick you have to cut it with a knife.

One, please re-read my post. I said the perception is what they see. And, I didn't say the world. I said some ACC fans. Besides, we all know that perception is not always reality.

Two, I certainly will not comment on any other school's academice misconduct, not with the mess going on in Chapel Hill. I even said as much in the post you quoted. I have not said anything about UConn's, because I do not know the whole story.

Last, as for your football team, that UConn is struggling IS the perception among ACC football fans, by and large. That is pretty much a given. I am also quite aware of how UNC has struggled since Mack Brown left for Texas following the 1997 season.

If you feel I've insulted UConn, you could not be more wrong. I just offered the perspective of other ACC fans that I've encountered. Nothing more.

Reaction Score
Really it is getting so tiring to read other schools arguing with each other on our board. What is worse though is having schools that are moving on come to this board to shat on us. Please go home to continue this arguing. Frank sometimes you make sense and other times you pee on us. Can't you ever bring good news? Buggsy your time has run out on here. Believe
me we all know where we stand.

If Rutgers fans ( NYC Wanker) think they are going to bring Big Ten flags to the Rent and wave them about, they may never seen the game, in other words it conceivable they will that they would even think it's a good idea. Hope someone talks them out of it.

Reaction Score
Really it is getting so tiring to read other schools arguing with each other on our board. What is worse though is having schools that are moving on come to this board to shat on us. Please go home to continue this arguing. Frank sometimes you make sense and other times you pee on us. Can't you ever bring good news? Buggsy your time has run out on here. Believe
me we all know where we stand.

If Rutgers fans ( NYC Wanker) think they are going to bring Big Ten flags to the Rent and wave them about, they may never seen the game, in other words it conceivable they will that they would even think it's a good idea. Hope someone talks them out of it.

@He's an A-h*le!I agree uconnel its a dumb and arrogant thing to do!!I saw that too on RU's rivals board!

Reaction Score
Heck,RU was a bigger power in hoop's than most in the East in the 70s/early 80s!Maryland was mostly considered in Delmarva with smallish fanbase forever?National?MD?Not that I would notice!But at least your rational AZHusky!Thanks for your input!

Looking at Rutgers' records for the '70s and '80s, all I will say is that your idea of being a 'power' is a whole lot different than mine.

I know Rutgers had some good teams during the '70s and early '80s, but, for the majority of the last 40+ years, RU has been an average to below average program.

UMD had their down times, too. On the whole, though, they have been a lot better than RU, and, thats without question.

Reaction Score
Seriously? From a UNC fan? Seriously?

Did you read my whole post, or, just pick out this one part? Read a little further down. I said I would not comment on what happened at UConn, not with the misconduct going on in Chapel Hill. I clearly said its the perception other ACC fans have. Fairly or unfairly.

Hey, I WANT UConn in the ACC. I think you'd be a GREAT addition in all sports. Its my own belief that Swofford and Co blew a great opportunity by not taking you. And, it might bite the league in the backside when all is said and done.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Did you read my whole post, or, just pick out this one part? Read a little further down. I said I would not comment on what happened at UConn, not with the misconduct going on in Chapel Hill. I clearly said its the perception other ACC fans have. Fairly or unfairly.

Hey, I WANT UConn in the ACC. I think you'd be a GREAT addition in all sports. Its my own belief that Swofford and Co blew a great opportunity by not taking you. And, it might bite the league in the backside when all is said and done.

Here's the only analogy I can come up with to help you see from our perspective. We are the patient with the very rare disease. You are the latest med student to waltz through our room and attempt to impress us with your knowledge of the medical profession. It doesn't matter if your empathy is genuine or fake. The mixture of it with your need to impose upon us your opinions of what ails us for the 100th time is irritating. The bottom line your mere presence is a reminder of the cruel joke fate has played on us. Forgive us if we resent you and your clipboard.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
One, please re-read my post. I said the perception is what they see. And, I didn't say the world. I said some ACC fans. Besides, we all know that perception is not always reality.

Two, I certainly will not comment on any other school's academice misconduct, not with the mess going on in Chapel Hill. I even said as much in the post you quoted. I have not said anything about UConn's, because I do not know the whole story.

Last, as for your football team, that UConn is struggling IS the perception among ACC football fans, by and large. That is pretty much a given. I am also quite aware of how UNC has struggled since Mack Brown left for Texas following the 1997 season.

If you feel I've insulted UConn, you could not be more wrong. I just offered the perspective of other ACC fans that I've encountered. Nothing more.

No, i realized it. I just hate UNC right now. Its not rational, it just is.

Reaction Score
No, i realized it. I just hate UNC right now. Its not rational, it just is.
I actually hate UNC more than Duke, and it's not just right now, it's all the time. Everyone talks about the obvious reasons but its also because their fans honestly think good ole Roy is on the same page as Calhoun

Reaction Score
Here's the only analogy I can come up with to help you see from our perspective. We are the patient with the very rare disease. You are the latest med student to waltz through our room and attempt to impress us with your knowledge of the medical profession. It doesn't matter if your empathy is genuine or fake. The mixture of it with your need to impose upon us your opinions of what ails us for the 100th time is irritating. The bottom line your mere presence is a reminder of the cruel joke fate has played on us. Forgive us if we resent you and your clipboard.
Except in this case the med student suffers from the same rare disease but has a treatment that only works on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom