RPI drops 20 places just stepping on court with CCSU. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

RPI drops 20 places just stepping on court with CCSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
upstater said:
Do you even know what this discussion is about? We are talking about what it would take for UConn to be excluded from the tournament

Kinda, but I think it is about what playing teams ranked over 300 does to our status

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It's loyalty. If Howie requests for his team to play us we oblige if we can. What's RPI amoung family?

Tom as well. They need our help every now and again.

Agree . Now explain the other 3 games.

Reaction Score
Anyone catch during the first possession of the 2nd half, Central had the ball, missed, and as the rebound went up, the announcer said Brimah would have surgery "in about 20 minutes"?

20 minutes
Dham 11th triple double 11/11/11 on the 11th game of the season
Facey's first double double

Any kind of RPI drop is worth that kind of mojo.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Anyone catch during the first possession of the 2nd half, Central had the ball, missed, and as the rebound went up, the announcer said Brimah would have surgery "in about 20 minutes"?

20 minutes
Dham 11th triple double 11/11/11 on the 11th game of the season
Facey's first double double

Any kind of RPI drop is worth that kind of mojo.

Facey actually got his first against CCSU in last year's game :eek:

Reaction Score
AAC had a good football season. The league is gaining in national credibility. Let's see if this translates to BB respect.
And crapping their pants in bowl games. That's what the media will make sure is the most important thing to temember.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
And crapping their pants in bowl games. That's what the media will make sure is the most important thing to temember.
That's probably the most important thing...if you can't show up in bowls it says something about the level of competition in your conference.

Reaction Score
That's probably the most important thing...if you can't show up in bowls it says something about the level of competition in your conference.

Bowl season is silly season. Bowl games mean almost nothing. Taking a bunch of 20 year olds down to Florida over Christmas for 2 weeks makes for a funny sort of preparation. I've seen countless upsets during bowl season.

If you want to really look at the relative strength of leagues, look at the victories during the season. Wins over SEC West Champ Ole Miss, Penn State, Louisville, Miami FLA, etc. I'm no more impressed by the teams that beat AAC teams so far than I am by the AAC's pretty good showing the 2 years before.

Wait until the New Year's Bowl games, because teams play those a lot harder.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Bowl season is silly season. Bowl games mean almost nothing. Taking a bunch of 20 year olds down to Florida over Christmas for 2 weeks makes for a funny sort of preparation. I've seen countless upsets during bowl season.

If you want to really look at the relative strength of leagues, look at the victories during the season. Wins over SEC West Champ Ole Miss, Penn State, Louisville, Miami FLA, etc. I'm no more impressed by the teams that beat AAC teams so far than I am by the AAC's pretty good showing the 2 years before.

Wait until the New Year's Bowl games, because teams play those a lot harder.
That could be true but its not factual. The SEC has been the best conference in bowl games since the start of the BCS, and therefore have gotten the most respect. Your argument essentially says just because Conference XXX has had the most ranked teams during the regular season, they deserve to be the best conference even though they went 2-6 in bowl games just because it doesn't matter.

Its up to the coaches to motivate the players for the bowl games, not just write them off as extra practice. I'm 100% sure Diaco is doing this.

Yet again you are correct because all college athletics is fluky. I'm going to have some more wine.

Reaction Score
That could be true but its not factual. The SEC has been the best conference in bowl games since the start of the BCS, and therefore have gotten the most respect. Your argument essentially says just because Conference XXX has had the most ranked teams during the regular season, they deserve to be the best conference even though they went 2-6 in bowl games just because it doesn't matter.

Its up to the coaches to motivate the players for the bowl games, not just write them off as extra practice. I'm 100% sure Diaco is doing this.

Yet again you are correct because all college athletics is fluky. I'm going to have some more wine.

That's not actually my argument. Has nothing to do with rankings. Has a lot to do with actual wins.

I've just observed lesser teams winning constantly. And not to take anything away from that great UConn team in 2010, but UConn thoroughly abused and dominated a South Carolina team that had annihilated ACC Champ and top 15 ranked Clemson in its previous game. I don't think South Carolina showed much enthusiasm, but that's what happens in these bowl games not named after a fruit or a flower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom