OT: - Royal Wedding Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Royal Wedding Game Thread

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Rocktheworld, post: 2723661, member: 5037" ]Are royalty still “in charge” of anything?

If being the wealthiest welfare recipient on the planet gets boring, the queen still has a big checkbook to balance every month. Harry is currently #6 in line. After that 'sermon', Rev Curry's next assignment may be in Botswanna.

Now that will be a power play by the royals.

Rev Curry is an American bishop in the Episcopalian church.

Reaction Score
I didn’t even realize that this guy today will likely never be the king. He’s behind like ten people or something like that.

I figured it was odd that he was marrying an American, but I guess they don’t care because he’s like plan Q on the succession bench.
The Brits called it "the heir and a spare." Harry is the spare.

Reaction Score
I naively thought that I would be insulated from this foolishness when I came to the BY. Nope. Get a multiple page thread. Come on guys. This is my place of solace.

Reaction Score
What happens when Elizabeth carks it.
Here you go.

18DC675F-61DB-4E30-BE74-9CEF142FDD9E.jpeg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Another reason for all the hype and media.

This was the last big royal wedding until Will and Kate's kids get of age for marriage.

It was the last hurrah for a generation.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Another reason for all the hype and media.

This was the last big royal wedding until Will and Kate's kids get of age for marriage.

It was the last hurrah for a generation.
I hope it is the last hurrah forever. Honestly I couldn't give a rats arse about royalty. I like Kate. Minimal news. I see a few articles on her. However when she gave birth to the latest, it became huge news of what the baby's name will be. To the length of "possible leak". that went on for a week or two I think. So what. Then this Meghan Markle wedding. I am retired so I make it a point to watch the news in the morning. This wedding soaked the morning news, all morning everyday until the wedding. Watching a news gal in the morning going to London and actually got giggly and bubbly over this wedding. Oh, and I am happy she took the time to show everyone what souvenirs you can by. Including plates with their photos on it. She was driving me to nausea. This is my opinion only. The coverage of this wedding was way overboard.

Also,she is American and a divorced one at that. Strange for Royalty.

Reaction Score
From the wedding coverage (I didn't see a lot but enjoyed what I did): A bunch of these reporters have no idea who's who but keep rambling while obviously the cameramen were showing people they themselves recognized but the people in the booth didn't. such as Tom Hardy, the guy who plays Louis Litt on suits as well as Donna, Harvey (who directs or writes suits as well). No Laurence Fishburn with his wife.

Harry seems like a good dude, genuinely acknowledging many people on the side, shaking hands as they walked to the church. It seemed William was forced to do that at times, only because of Harry. Not saying William is a bad guy I think Harry is just more down to earth with moms values, hence his choice in marriage.

I've never seen so many hot looking women walking with dorky looking Englishmen, great to have royal cash huh? Quite a bash but they said this morning they were doing the "Electric Slide" at the reception so I'm guessing that was a royal first no?:cool:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Dumb question...when Prince William travels with family are they split up among planes/trains and motor cars in an effort to preseve the succession?

Mau...I think the talking heads asked IF(!!) they would do the slide.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I hope it is the last hurrah forever. Honestly I couldn't give a rats arse about royalty. I like Kate. Minimal news. I see a few articles on her. However when she gave birth to the latest, it became huge news of what the baby's name will be. To the length of "possible leak". that went on for a week or two I think. So what. Then this Meghan Markle wedding. I am retired so I make it a point to watch the news in the morning. This wedding soaked the morning news, all morning everyday until the wedding. Watching a news gal in the morning going to London and actually got giggly and bubbly over this wedding. Oh, and I am happy she took the time to show everyone what souvenirs you can by. Including plates with their photos on it. She was driving me to nausea. This is my opinion only. The coverage of this wedding was way overboard.

Also,she is American and a divorced one at that. Strange for Royalty.
It’s a good thing UConn isn’t B.B. royalty.

What? No commentary on the dresses women wore. Ice tea anyone?

Men going or already bald could take a lesson from this event and replace caps with more interesting head wear. Or we can use the event and go back to our heritage with Wigs and Torries.

Reaction Score
I'll never understand why America is a nation of Anglophiles.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lol. I love how “#7. The offspring of Prince
Harry and Meghan” has a little baby with a nappy Afro. “ Beautiful

Nice catch. Looks like they took the hair profile from Harry's picture and put it on the baby.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It seemed William was forced to do that at times, only because of Harry. Not saying William is a bad guy I think Harry is just more down to earth with moms values, hence his choice in marriage.

William's got no choice. He's gonna be king. Harry can let 'em hang in the breeze if he wants.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Lol. I love how “#7. The offspring of Prince
Harry and Meghan” has a little baby with a nappy Afro. “ Beautiful
Nice catch. Looks like they took the hair profile from Harry's picture and put it on the baby.

Is Harry actually an albino black guy? And that affair is why Diana was killed by Charles (more likely the Queen)? Truly is GOT.

Reaction Score
Yeah, he needs the Queen, Charles ,William and all Will and Kate's kids to bite it.

Throne goes through lineage of oldest child.

Harry has a good life. All the built in benefits of royalty without threat of ever being in charge.
Charles doesn’t need to bite it - I believe he’s abdicated because of the divorce!
King/Queen is head of the church and can’t be divorced.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Charles doesn’t need to bite it - I believe he’s abdicated because of the divorce!
King/Queen is head of the church and can’t be divorced.

While not a good look, I don't think that's the case. Oddsmakers on Queen Elizabeth's tenure still have him replacing her, and if anybody would know, it's them.

They never would have let Charles divorce if that was a possibility.

Reaction Score
Now that will be a power play by the royals.

Rev Curry is an American bishop in the Episcopalian church.

You forget that the Episcolalian Church is the Church of England formed by Henry VIII, who was the head of the church sicne he vacated the Pope. A word from the Queen, who did not seem real happy, and. .....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom