Round Two | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Round Two

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
What was hauser thinking? Him v banchero is not the matchup you want to try to use

Reaction Score
Watching these NCAA games, it is clear as day UCONN needs:

1. At least 2 guards that can drive, dish, and score
2. More shooters from the 3 points line

AJ really needs to work on his 3 points shot this off-season. He is a huge liability on offense if he can't knock down the 3.

Really hope Diggins and Hawkins can knock down 3s this upcoming season. Either that or we better hope one of the freshmen can knock down 3s consistently. We might need to get a guard from the portal we don't have confidence with guys on our current roster.

Really hope Cole and Martin can come back, but who knows right now.

Reaction Score
The offenses in this Wiscy ISU game are embarrassing. Makes us look like the a model of efficiency.

Reaction Score

AJ really needs to work on his 3 points shot this off-season. He is a huge liability on offense if he can't knock down the 3.

Really hope Diggins and Hawkins can knock down 3s this upcoming season. Either that or we better hope one of the freshmen can knock down 3s consistently. We might need to get a guard from the portal we don't have confidence with guys on our current roster.

Amen. As you watch teams have guards that can consistently get their own shot, yes we need it. We have the bigs to rebound and score inside but a lot of short ones were missed especially by Sanogo. That said I love Sanogo and think he is developing well and is key for us.

Reaction Score

AJ's shooting mechanics are so awkward I can't see him ever being a reliable scoring option, whether from 3 or even midrange shots. His strength is his defense & athletic ability.

It would help a lot if Cole & Martin came back and the younger pups help out. We definitely need depth. We'll see.

Reaction Score
AJ's shooting mechanics are so awkward I can't see him ever being a consistent scorer, whether from 3 or even midrange shots. His strength is his defense & athletic ability.

It would help a lot if Cole & Martin came back and the younger pups help out. We definitely need depth. We'll see.
If AJ wants to make money at the next level, he better practice like a mad man this summer to improve his shooting mechanics. If he can't improve this, he will lose a lot of money.

Reaction Score
Some dreadful offensive showings by Illinois and Wisconsin wow.

Not a Nova fan but will be versus Michigan.

Reaction Score
If AJ wants to make money at the next level, he better practice like a mad man this summer to improve his shooting mechanics. If he can't improve this, he will lose a lot of money.
Absolutely. I’m no shooting coach but why wouldn’t AJ be able to jump up and shoot a jump shot? He can jump so high he would get a clear shot every time. He uses his arm instead of his wrists.

Reaction Score
One possession game with a 15 second difference b/w game clock and clock, why in the hell did ND foul Texas Tech? I don't get college coaches, Miami did the same thing last week in the ACC tourney.

Reaction Score
Watching Miami vs. Auburn, it is still upsetting we missed out on Wong. We would be so much better with him and Cole in the backcourt. Miami has so many guys that can drive and score, and we just have Cole and Martin.

Imagine we had Wong on our team this season vs. what we got. I am pretty sure we will be still playing. He is a major missing piece on this team.

How the hell did we lose Wong to Miami?

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The offenses in this Wiscy ISU game are embarrassing. Makes us look like the a model of efficiency.
This is a tough weird match-up for both teams
Wisconsin would beat UConn 8 out 0f 10 meetings due to their size and shooting
ISU would slap UConn silly with spunk and desire - very very well coached

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Watching Miami vs. Auburn, it is still upsetting we missed out on Wong. We would be so much better with him and Cole in the backcourt. Miami has so many guys that can drive and score, and we just have Cole and Martin.

Imagine we had Wong on our team this season vs. what we got. I am pretty sure we will be still playing. He is a major missing piece on this team.

How the hell did we lose Wong to Miami?
Wong only had two visits, us and Miami. Guess he liked the weather?

Also watching, and unless I'm seeing things, looked like an Auburn guy just inbounded into the back of another Auburn guy and the ball was just rolling around for a couple secs before anyone went after it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Absolutely. I’m no shooting coach but why wouldn’t AJ be able to jump up and shoot a jump shot? He can jump so high he would get a clear shot every time. He uses his arm instead of his wrists.
He has probably had that style since he was a little kid hoisting the ball at a 10 foot basket and kept the same motion. He's not alone with that shooting style but most don't make it to a decent level. I think he probably relied on his athleticism and most all his points came under the basket or those dipsy do scoop shots he likes. Nobody has changed it. Too bad because the longer he goes the harder it will be. The kid is a freak athlete

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wong only had two visits, us and Miami. Guess he liked the weather?

Also watching, and unless I'm seeing things, looked like an Auburn guy just inbounded into the back of another Auburn guy and the ball was just rolling around for a couple secs before anyone went after it.

I really want to find out from Wong why he picked Miami over us. It still stings.

Reaction Score
Is it me or does Pearl look like he is gonna have a heart attack whenever they show him??

Plus they are the definition of a horribly coached team. The crap they are hoisting up tonight is ludicrous. Totally lost their poise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom