Roumoglou Enters the Portal (Merged) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Roumoglou Enters the Portal (Merged)

Reaction Score
Best of luck! Will forever & always be a 2x NC @ UConn!

Not many people can say that (ask Jim Boeheim )

Reaction Score
Once a Husky, always a Husky. Good luck to him. Would be awesome if he becomes the best player on his team. He'll certainly have the best jewlery collection.

Reaction Score
:(:( He always looked so good in his limited minutes. I really hoped he was going to get a chance to be UConn’s shooter off the bench, like Calcaterra.
I wish him good luck and think whatever team lands him will be lucky. IF Karaban goes pro UConn will need to get a shooter for the portal,

Reaction Score
I liked him alot and was hoping he'd develop into a rotation player at some point. He was always engaged in the game from the bench showing positive emotion. He always played with great energy when he did get PT. He had a sweet stroke from beyond the arc.

I think the combination of his height and weight posed challenges on the defensive side of the floor, preventing him from getting on the floor.

I think he's going to develop into a nice player somewhere, lighting it up from deep. I completely understand why he is looking for an opportunity where he can find some solid minutes sooner than later.

Reaction Score
He needs to play in a similar style offense. He has the athleticism and the shooting down, but it was his handle that betrayed him multiple times.

Just realized he was from Xanthi, Greece; and given his name, no doubt the grandson of Greek speaking refugees / resettlement from Turkey.
His handle was one of the beat thing about him. He would be creating offense in junk time and running the team. I think his defense wasn't that good but of course that would of improved over time. Sad to see him go as I said before bit home him the best wherever he lands.

Reaction Score
Thought he had some tools we could take advantage of next year. Too bad but good luck. And you never know who might come knocking. His experience here won't hurt him a bit among Coaches. Somebody is going to get a 2 year gift with Apostolos.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Following my 2024 narrative, Rou goes to JMU, where he's not only a deadly accurate shooter, but changes the team's entire practice routine, helping develop a tougher squad that gets the Cinderella FF appearance and, combined with their NY6 bowl appearance ensures JMU gets one of the final P4 seats.

Reaction Score
Great kid and teammate. Kid has some game for the right fit and I hope he lands somewhere he can grab some meaningful minutes.

Thanks for being a Husky and assisting in getting the guys ready to get yourself 2 rings. Go get your time now and make the best of it, Husky fans will be watching and rooting for your success !!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'd like to see his story turn out similar to something that happened a little more than three decades ago.

We brought in a kid (Fleming) who was a dead eye three point shooter but couldn't defend at a level to get a lot of court time his freshman year, so he transferred to Richmond.

As a 15 seed, his three point shooting played a major role in knocking off second seeded Syracuse in the opening round.

I'd like nothing better than AR to lead a mid major to an opening round upset of one of our enemies.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
This kid can play and was an awesome teammate. He's going to do well wherever he ends up and I'll be following his career.

Won two national championships in his first two seasons and now will have his choice of where to get serious playing time, not a bad life.
Two years daily experience of Dan Hurley practices against the best in the USA

Reaction Score
I'd like to see his story turn out similar to something that happened a little more than three decades ago.

We brought in a kid (Fleming) who was a dead eye three point shooter but couldn't defend at a level to get a lot of court time his freshman year, so he transferred to Richmond.

As a 15 seed, his three point shooting played a major role in knocking off second seeded Syracuse in the opening round.

I'd like nothing better than AR to lead a mid major to an opening round upset of one of our enemies.
Holy obscure info, Batman! Totally forgot about Chris Fleming. Jersey kid. Was he in the same recruiting class as Marc Suhr? Did he even step on the court? Fleming is actually the lead assistant coach of the Chicago Bulls now.

pj

Reaction Score
I think people may be underrating his ability. The kid can ball. I think he could play 15-20mpg in the A10 right now

He's better than that, he can be a starter and play 25-30 mpg on some A10 teams.

Reaction Score
He's better than that, he can be a starter and play 25-30 mpg on some A10 teams.
I hope he lands on a A10 team and can compete for a starting role. Bro can absolutely play and contribute for a decent mid-major.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Eh…..be careful about that. He’s scored 30 points in two years and we’ve never seen him play in anything other than mop up time. If he were capable of playing 30 minutes for an A10 team, we’d have seen a lot more of him here. In fact, we’d probably still have him.

Reminder - we thought Ritchie Springs would flourish after leaving here for QU and he was their 8th or 9th best player.

pj

Reaction Score
Eh…..be careful about that. He’s scored 30 points in two years and we’ve never seen him play in anything other than mop up time. If he were capable of playing 30 minutes for an A10 team, we’d have seen a lot more of him here. In fact, we’d probably still have him.

Reminder - we thought Ritchie Springs would flourish after leaving here for QU and he was their 8th or 9th best player.

We'll see. But shooting is more valued than rebounding, because harder to teach.

Not every coach is going to value defense as much as Danny Hurley, and not every team is going to have a roster that can keep AR on the bench. If AR finds a place with the right needs and style, he will play.

Reaction Score

Remember Isaiah Whaley?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom