Roughest 2 days for Uconn I can remember | The Boneyard

Roughest 2 days for Uconn I can remember

Reaction Score
Awful blown lead to USF and now the women not only lose but by DD, never happens. Can only hope the week ends on a high note vs UCF cause if not, worst week ever?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Awful blown lead to USF and now the women not only lose but by DD, never happens. Can only hope the week ends on a high note vs UCF cause if not, worst week ever?

I remember when the men choking against mich st in 09 or the women against Nd in 11 costing us double dips was a bad week.

This is the freaking twilight zone.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I remember when the men choking against mich st in 09 or the women against Nd in 11 costing us double dips was a bad week.

This is the freaking twilight zone.

It's not like the women lost to UCF. They lost to Baylor, which has a bigger, stronger, more experienced team.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I remember getting beat by Gerry McNamara in the Garden in 2006, then stumbling to beat Albany in the NCAA opening round, barely sneaking by Kentucky, needing Rashad to bail us out vs. Washington, and finally losing to George Mason.

That might have been the most stressful 2-3 weeks of my life. It’s like a bad girlfriend, you know they’re going to let you down you just don’t know when.

Reaction Score
I remember when UConn was a bottom dweller with Seton Hall and you could walk into a women’s game where you and a couple of dozen friends could watch a game for free. It’s all about perspective. Women’s program is the gold standard, Hurley’s recruiting class has me excited and our hockey team upset Yale.

Reaction Score
I remember getting beat by Gerry McNamara in the Garden in 2006, then stumbling to beat Albany in the NCAA opening round, barely sneaking by Kentucky, needing Rashad to bail us out vs. Washington, and finally losing to George Mason.

That might have been the most stressful 2-3 weeks of my life. It’s like a bad girlfriend, you know they’re going to let you down you just don’t know when.

Man that team was broken down the stretch. i seem to remember a late season game against Notre Dame that was a hell of a struggle as well. I always felt like JC may have cracked the whip a bit too hard with that team and they just ran out of steam. Add in the fact that my wife was expecting our second (born the day before Rashad beat UW), and that was one stressful stretch lol.

Reaction Score
This women's team isn't very good, really not surprising they lost away to one of the best teams. NCAAW is way down as a whole.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
This women's team isn't very good, really not surprising they lost away to one of the best teams. NCAAW is way down as a whole.

But it does make losing to 2 vastly inferior teams the past 2 years in the semi finals more costly.

Reaction Score
Losing to USF isn't a big deal because we are an average team with average expectations. Losing to Miss St. in 1996 after a 30 win season and # 1 seed was a major letdown. I didn't watch another game in the tournament that year because I was so upset. Now I would be happy if we were to even make the tournament. As for the women's teams, Glory days may be over but they are still the leaders of the pack.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
No, there's more parity in the women's game. Men's hoops fans have been sneering for years at women's basketball because of the lack of parity and now that it's starting to emerge, fans are saying the UConn team isn't very good.
But it does make losing to 2 vastly inferior teams the past 2 years in the semi finals more costly.
Notre Dame is "vastly inferior"? Both losses in the Final Fours were by a total 4 points in overtime on shots that were last minute prayers.

Reaction Score
There has been a general decline in the major programs that is a bit worrying. Football, MBB and even now WBB (Baylor isn’t their first struggle this year and Gino has lost out on some top recruits). The AAC is a big drag on our programs and slowly killing us. NBE (with no football) is not the answer. Have to get to a P5 conference. Has to be the single top priority of the school, because it will start impacting interest and application demand and start degrading the schools selectivity rankings with small applicant pools. Insufficient appreciation has been given to the impact successful national sports programs have had on perceived desirability.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As somebody who watched UConn play under Dom Perno at the old Field House. These two days don't crack my top 100 worst. Not even close.
Ah but there was an oblivious joyousness back then. The Field House would be packed and rocking even with under achieving Perno teams. To tell the truth, I miss though days, though obviously I wouldn't trade our natties for them.

Reaction Score
The women lost a regular season game. In most sports this is normal. In men's basketball there hasn't been an undefeated champion since 1976. I've always been of the opinion that an occasional loss makes you appreciate the victories more. In the rare occasion that I tune in to a women's game, I change to something else if UConn is blowing the other team out. The risk of losing makes the games more enjoyable.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There has been a general decline in the major programs that is a bit worrying. Football, MBB and even now WBB (Baylor isn’t their first struggle this year and Gino has lost out on some top recruits). The AAC is a big drag on our programs and slowly killing us. NBE (with no football) is not the answer. Have to get to a P5 conference. Has to be the single top priority of the school, because it will start impacting interest and application demand and start degrading the schools selectivity rankings with small applicant pools. Insufficient appreciation has been given to the impact successful national sports programs have had on perceived desirability.

They have like three No. 1 overall recruits on their team right now. How many do you want?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

Single top priority sure. But the cost of college around the country has a much greater impact on interest and application demand.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No, there's more parity in the women's game. Men's hoops fans have been sneering for years at women's basketball because of the lack of parity and now that it's starting to emerge, fans are saying the UConn team isn't very good.

Notre Dame is "vastly inferior"? Both losses in the Final Fours were by a total 4 points in overtime on shots that were last minute prayers.

I’m 3 levels below a casual fan but this team is nowhere near the level of their best teams.

You almost by definition can’t have no bench and be a great team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom