Roughest 2 days for Uconn I can remember | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Roughest 2 days for Uconn I can remember

Reaction Score
Not getting into the ACC.
Not getting into the ACC again.
George Mason.
Donyell. Florida game.
Still... Laettner 1990 Elite 8.

Almost perfect. Mississippi State 1996 needs to be included here .......

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Always interesting to read the comments on the women's team from people who don't watch them.
They didn't get beat last night, they got dominated. They had no offense. They scored their usual half-time score for the game (almost)
Geno (Gino) never plays deep except at mop up time. But the last three years they have played 5-6 all year long and in the play-off run. Used to be his 6th woman was the best or close to best player in the team. No more
he played 8 players out of desperation last night. Starters disappeared. Also they were too short and weak with their starters.
i never saw Samuelson and Collier struggle like that. Ever. The two underclassmen disappeared. Only Dangerfield,IMHO,played well until she was exhausted in the 4th and couldn't reach the basket.
Baylor either played the game of their lives, or will be the Champs and the two losses were a fluke.

Collier was abysmal against missi st.

Reaction Score
Getting pummeled in the Fiesta Bowl and Randy leaving the next day was rough also. Even as a casual-at-best UConn football fan, I knew that was a bad series of events for our school. For Randy, too, as it turns out.

This is the single most important reason as to why UCONN was left out of the ACC. Had Randy stayed, continued to work and build the program, UCONN gets into the ACC.

Football is why we are where we are today.

Reaction Score
Single top priority sure. But the cost of college around the country has a much greater impact on interest and application demand.
Sadly this was the reason I couldn’t attend UConn and stayed home to go to Cincinnati. Now I wait for UConn to the ACC and UC to the Big 12 but appreciate they get to play each other each year at the moment

Reaction Score
Awful blown lead to USF and now the women not only lose but by DD, never happens. Can only hope the week ends on a high note vs UCF cause if not, worst week ever?
The women lost a regular season game. In most sports this is normal. In men's basketball there hasn't been an undefeated champion since 1976. I've always been of the opinion that an occasional loss makes you appreciate the victories more. In the rare occasion that I tune in to a women's game, I change to something else if UConn is blowing the other team out. The risk of losing makes the games more enjoyable.
very true. and with football, the occasional win makes me appreciate the losses more. :rolleyes:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I never saw Samuelson AND Collier struggle like that. Ever.

Samuelson had a rough shooting night the other night. Against miss st she did too much standing around in the corner.

Those are easily the top 2 games for your statement though. I’m not gonna nitpick either way. I just thought Collier was worse again miss st. So many open bunnies missed.

Reaction Score
Awful blown lead to USF and now the women not only lose but by DD, never happens. Can only hope the week ends on a high note vs UCF cause if not, worst week ever?
I can remember much worse years, even last year was much worse, with setting a record of seven 30 point blowouts. As for the women losing, Geno has said he thinks this years team is not as good as in past years and expects to lose some games. Losing Gabby Williams and Kia Nurse to graduation and Azura Stevens to the WNBA, was really tough to come back from. They're still a great shooting and quick team but they lost almost all of their rebounding and defensive strength. Last year if they didn't shoot well they still controlled the paint and could still win, this year for them to win against tough competition they need to shoot well, if not they can lose. Baylor controlled the paint and played lock down perimeter defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom