Rothstein in Storrs Now | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Rothstein in Storrs Now

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If anyone can play the DeAndre Daniels role it’s him. Same size, same shooting ability, he has toughness, is smart and a team player, knows his role.
Tyler can space the floor and is a good perimeter defender. He just needs the confidence of the coach which he has.

Again, we didn't see that last year. He was slow footed and got beat off the dribble and cut.

I would also say that toughness was one of his weaknesses (again talking last year). He was like a wilting flower half the time.

Now, maybe he's changed, I haven't watched. Would love to hear first hand info

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
Absolutely love alterique. If you go back to when last season went downhill he had like 16 points in the Oregon game thanksgiving night and they were pretty much tied with mich st at half. Then he got hurt and it was nite nite. Still not sold at all on Carlton - you guys might think I’m crazy but I wasn’t impressed Much with him last year: no motor , not very hungry Around the basket , no leaping ability , and seems slow - yeah he’s got some finesse and he’s a lefty but I wish we had better. Rooting hard to be wrong on him tho. 10% chance Jalen and alterique cud be best backcourt in country come March. Especially if AGs shot improves.
Agreed. But would add that Jalen's shot must improve. If his mid and long range shooting improves, he is a first round draft pick. Without better shooting, he is one dimensional. I would love to see it!

Reaction Score
The news that AG is healthy enough to resume full contact this month AND has impressed with his shooting form absolutely DWARFS everything else said here. There is now the real possibility that we will see an AG never before seen, not here, not at Miller Grove, an AG transcending the brittle-shouldered version that became a McD AA. Truly exciting!

Reaction Score
Alterique has had a beautiful stroke all along. He needs to stay on the floor and make his shots. We’ve had several guys with a good stroke who still couldn’t buy a basket the last few years.

Reaction Score
The first tweet answers the second. We need Alterique.

When journalists tweet things like this, they've almost always gotten off-the-record background from the coaches, and know what the coaches want them to put out. That's good for both parties -- the journalist knows from the coaches that his statement is true and that later events won't make him look ignorant; the coach gets a message out that he may want his team to hear from an outsider, the players will think Rothstein formed an independent opinion and is backing up what they hear from the coach. So Hurley thinks someone, Alterique or Jalen or both, needs to step up their on-court leadership, and that the rest of the team needs to accept their leadership and follow.

I think Alterique is the natural leader. Jalen is the scorer and shouldn't have too many additional responsibilities.
Alterique has hardly played, so I'm just wondering what you have seen that shows he can be a leader. Jalen, on the other hand, has shown that he will communicate with players, and at times, tell them where they need to be on the court. I think Jalen is our leader.

Reaction Score
Alterique has hardly played, so I'm just wondering what you have seen that shows he can be a leader. Jalen, on the other hand, has shown that he will communicate with players, and at times, tell them where they need to be on the court. I think Jalen is our leader.

Hurley and insiders have mentioned alterique as the natural leader of the team in practice.

Jalen doesn't have the personality.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom