Roster is updated | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Roster is updated

Reaction Score
None of those players remind me of Stewie, a healthy Tuck, Moriah, 2 lockdown defenders in Nurse, Williams.
Two outstanding freshmen in KLS, and Collier.
Man what a team!!

As long as we are off track ... I wonder if the 2015 team with KML and Stokes wasn't better?

Reaction Score
Right, that’s why I’ve said Paige hasn’t done anything yet and I took a beating. Paige apparently knows.

It's great that Bueckers has that attitude. It's one of the things I liked about her. But for a fan to turn a blind eye to her play and say she hasn't done anything makes we wonder. As a fan, my goal is to be entertained and there hasn't been a player that I've enjoyed watching play more in over 30 years.
I think this coming season we will see a crisper team, more the offensive machine many of us love. I'll make a rare prediction that with a normal year this team may lead the nation in defense. The guards all know the system and can spend their time learning each other now. Having Paige play pick up games is like having a coach there because she can relate what's going on to the real coaches.
Stronger, smarter, stronger than a locomotive, faster than a speeding bullet.

This is a nice time for me. Sure, no games but I get to relax and imagine great seasons while they are doing the sweating to make it real.

Reaction Score
Yes
In fun-- the beating then was well deserved. I say this in fun; you're pretty bold to say this anonymously. But would you say it to your daughter or to Paige's face and to all of her teammates faces that a former NPOY who was also all-region - hasn't done anything yet? It seems like you are saying you either win a title or you are a bust? I know you didn't say that but she did refer to "all or nothing" which you seem to agree with and "nothing" can be construed as "exactly" "that." But I think you and some others get too carried away taking a younger player's comments way too literal.

Are you proud of her, or aren't you? If you are proud of her, then how is what she has done so far, "nothing?"

When I played basketball in the 18th century and lost, no family member could console me. Especially if I didn't perform well. You think it different now? OFC the young player is going to make comments like this.
Yes

Reaction Score
SCar could lose 6-8 players at the end of the season. Boston, Saxton, Beal, Cooke, Amihere and others. So Dawn needs a big roster and will likely have to dip into the portal.

UConn loses Juhasz & Senechal. Hopefully DeBerry Brady and Patterson will rotate with Edwards. It'll be a year to watch and learn for the freshmen guards as (hopefully) Bueckers Fudd Ducharme and Mühl dominate the back court.
The pieces are all there, on paper. History seems to say what you get are not necessarily shat you expected or hoped for. I'll wait until I see them in action.. However, the potential for a great year appears to be here. Geno's sysstem isn't always a perfect fit for all. Then too I havent' seen De Berry long enough or against top post to evaluate her abilities. AI have seen she knows how to score. Uconn has fire power galore, it needs post stoppers--f in that catogory Tina , Stokes, Steff ---even J Moore I'd take.

Reaction Score
Yes

Yes
Are you saying you would be proud of someone for accomplishing nothing? Because if you take Paige's comment so literal that it's title or nothing then why would you give any indication n that you are proud?

Another thread was started that the UCONN players were watching Evina. So Paige and the other players are wasting their time watching a teammate that never helped them accomplish a thing? And Evina being in the WNBA is not an accomplishment either?

Kat

Reaction Score
Eleven is too lean. The men's team had 13 players--that sounds like the right amount.

Reaction Score
Eleven is too lean. The men's team had 13 players--that sounds like the right amount.
The women who are a ton more successful than the men to any degree should be following the men's path?
Auriemma's path is far superior to the men. It's not Hurley's "fault." But Hurley doesn't get near the player Auriemma gets.
It's okay to be lean when your superstars are off the charts and even want to play in blowouts.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The men had 14 players, counting 2 walk-ons. Five players had less than 70 total minutes for the entire season; three of them transferred out. After graduation, adding freshmen, and transfers in & out, the men currently have 10 on their roster.

Beware the bulging roster. There will always be only 200 minutes a game.

Reaction Score
The pieces are all there, on paper. History seems to say what you get are not necessarily shat you expected or hoped for. I'll wait until I see them in action.. However, the potential for a great year appears to be here. Geno's sysstem isn't always a perfect fit for all. Then too I havent' seen De Berry long enough or against top post to evaluate her abilities. AI have seen she knows how to score. Uconn has fire power galore, it needs post stoppers--f in that catogory Tina , Stokes, Steff ---even J Moore I'd take.
Bottom line for her legacy is The Big Trophy.
Unless THE UCONN team collapses around her ( which won’t happen) “the proof of the pudding is in the tasting” I.E.- Championships.
Don’t want her to pull a Pete Marovich-super stats but no hardware.
And NOT SAYING SHE WILL-but her legacy is a work in progress.
Do I think she will deliver—YES
Has she of yet- NO
And I think her statements reflect this.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Summer time we all should have some funs ...cheers:)

I see South Carolina has 15 roasters in 2022 . Is this too much if you think eleven should be plenty?

South Carolina will have 13 on roster for '22-'23.. online rosters aren't updated for upcoming season yet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

They did a job on the NCSt center and the AA post for Indiana, and the Biggest front line in wcbb, Stanford and Brink. There was one post that beat them and she beat every other post she faced last season. So all of wcbb gets an F in "post stopping"? Come on!

Reaction Score
I agree.
But I don’t drive the bus, I’m only a passenger.
Very narrow margin for the unexpected/lingering injury.
Been there.
Done that.
Don’t want to do it again.

Reaction Score
With UCONN WBBB the "official" goal is always to win it all next year regardless or the prior season outcome. That is not going to change as long as Geno is coaching. If I'm Geno addressing the team I'm extremely proud of the season they had in beating Indiana, NCSt and Stanford to close the season. I also think Geno was very disappointed with the teams performance in the championship game and he would address that as well. In reality if the players aren't disappointed by the way the UCONN season ended then chances are they are no longer on this team. When the season starts and the players get a chance to talk you are not going to hear much about how they played vs NCSt and Stanford. Did you hear anyone mention of the Baylor game at the beginning of this past season? Of course not. Merely making it to a championship game is the stuff of legends at many other programs-not for UCONN.
I would argue that it might be the fanbase that has the goal of winning a championship every year but the coaching staff has more reasonable expectations .

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would argue that it might be the fanbase that has the goal of winning a championship every year but the coaching staff has more reasonable expectations .
It not just the fanbase. It is also the players:

Reaction Score
It not just the fanbase. It is also the players:

I think, just maybe, Paige was a bit down after being through a physical and emotional roller coaster of a season, and a disappointing ending.
She’s had time to assess things from a more measured and realistic point of view.
By the time November rolls around she will have regained her equilibrium and will be ready for 2022-2023.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think, just maybe, Paige was a bit down after being through a physical and emotional roller coaster of a season, and a disappointing ending.
She’s had time to assess things from a more measured and realistic point of view.
By the time November rolls around she will have regained her equilibrium and will be ready for 2022-2023.
No doubt about that. I'd also bet by the time November rolls around and if you were to ask Paige what the team goal was for the season she would tell you that it is to win a national championship. This was the reason she came to UCONN & the original point of the post.

Kat

Reaction Score
The men had 14 players, counting 2 walk-ons. Five players had less than 70 total minutes for the entire season; three of them transferred out. After graduation, adding freshmen, and transfers in & out, the men currently have 10 on their roster.

"Beware the bulging roster" made me laugh.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Also beware my bulging waistline. It's out for world domination.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This leaves a slight mystery as to what will happen with Piath. After she didn't appear to get much interest in the transfer portal, I thought that she might come back to UConn (which is permitted), but it looks like that is not happening.
Piath’s situation is a bit baffling. While she remains a work in progress, there are many teams that would welcome a 6’5” post who runs the court and works hard. Not sure exactly what to make of the fact that Piath is not currently with another program working out over the summer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom