Roscoe to watch tourney on TV | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Roscoe to watch tourney on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My first reaction was the irony of his situation, not laughter. Yes he should have stayed, but sometimes people make mistakes, especially when you are 19/20. Can he transfer back :)

Reaction Score
Nothing wrong about Roscoe's decision he decided to transfer it happens all the time, its his life. He at least left in a classy way unlike someone else.
I have no bad feelings Roscoe, but since you can't seem to figure out a way to change your name, you will have to transfer to the UNLV message board. Good luck with that.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
The kid got screwed over here big time.

Wish him nothing but the best.

Reaction Score
Roscoe had the kind of toughness we could use. His shiner was a badge for our 2011 team. Best of everything to him.

Agreed!
NC 2011_2.png

Reaction Score
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sorry, lost my composure.
Screen Shot 2013-09-09 at 3.51.49 PM.png

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Good Luck Roscoe. I've watched you as much as I could this year and imagined how much better we would have been with you cleaning the boards for the huskies. You made a HUGE contribution to the 2011 run and for that I thank you.
YOU made a decision and that's what counts.
I don't understand why anyone would begrudge you and that decision. Selfishly, I wish you stayed.
Those people who on this sight and in public who said downright nasty things should be ashamed and realize that until they walk in that person's shoes.......................
You showed class by doing it without any negativity on your part.
Good Luck in whatever you do in the future

Last edited:
Reactions: pj

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Roscoe got screwed royally by Rice on two fronts- he promised him he would play SF and that he'd be eligible last year. He didn't play him at SF, and he never had a shot in hell of being eligible last year. Roscoe got played.

Reaction Score
Good Luck Sticks. I've watched you as much as I could this year and imagined how much better we would have been with you cleaning the boards for the huskies. You made a HUGE contribution to the 2011 run and for that I thank you.
YOU made a decision and that's what counts.
I don't understand why anyone would begrudge you and that decision. Selfishly, I wish you stayed.
Those people who on this sight and in public who said downright nasty things should be ashamed and realize that until they walk in that person's shoes........
You showed class by doing it without any negativity on your part.
Good Luck in whatever you do in the future

Sticks is Stanley Robinson

Reaction Score
I just heard Stan Van Gundy say something yesterday that that fits here. He said your position in the NBA is based on what you can guard. Guys like Roscoe (and KFree in 2000) think the next level has to do with your offense.

That's an interesting point and key insight from an NBA guy. This also related to why guys like Bazz and Boat will have a tough time making a living in the NBA. Their size, while it makes offense difficult for them, is an even bigger detriment on the defensive end. Can you imagine Boat trying to prevent Derrick Rose or Deron Williams from getting to the rim?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Nothing wrong about Roscoe's decision he decided to transfer it happens all the time, its his life. He at least left in a classy way unlike someone else.

You have to ask Admin. Go on thar forum & post.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It's beyond me how any true UConn fan can laugh out loud because Roscoe Smith had something bad happen to him. Kid was a critical component of our 2011 team. He never, ever complained about playing time or his role on the team. He was a consummate teammate. He got caught up and screwed by the whole Drummond/Oriaki fiasco, and rode the bench more than he ever should have. He said NOT A WORD about it publicly. He then would have had to be punished by missing the tourni one year for something he didn't do, if he stayed. He respectfully and humbly decided to leave, did not say one word on the way out about his mistreatment because of the Drummond/Oriaki fiasco, and is attempting to follow his dream somewhere.

I'm very sad for him that he's not in the tourni. He is a class kid and court warrior and one of about 15 Huskies who have played key roles on championship teams.

I must be old. I can't imagine how a UConn fan can be so small minded, selfish, and flat out mean to take joy from Roscoe's misfortune. Makes me a slight bit ashamed that these people are fans of my team.

That, plus I've met him and he's a very nice and respectful kid. I don't take pleasure in any downfall he faces.

Reaction Score
I have no bad feelings Roscoe, but since you can't seem to figure out a way to change your name, you will have to transfer to the UNLV message board. Good luck with that.
You have to ask Admin. Go on thar forum & post.

I'm already getting that taken care of thanks, i have to think of a handle to come up with

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm already getting that taken care of thanks, i have to think of a handle to come up with

Eh, I'd just leave it. It's your identity. It's like people who wear a jersey to the game of a guy who's left the team. They just don't give a damn.

Reaction Score
Should have stuck with Ollie. It's hard to see Ollie faltering. He has quality wins under his belt now.

Reaction Score
Eh, I'd just leave it. It's your identity. It's like people who wear a jersey to the game of a guy who's left the team. They just don't give a damn.

Yeah i can't think of a handle to change it to so I might just do that if I had an Oriakhi one then it would be a no brainer.

Reaction Score
Tenspro2002 said:
That's an interesting point and key insight from an NBA guy. This also related to why guys like Bazz and Boat will have a tough time making a living in the NBA. Their size, while it makes offense difficult for them, is an even bigger detriment on the defensive end. Can you imagine Boat trying to prevent Derrick Rose or Deron Williams from getting to the rim?

If Napier can't prevent Rose from getting to the rim then that's something he has in common with every other player in the NBA.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well given the mojo theme this year, how about Scrote?

Reaction Score
I obviously wish Roscoe nothing but the best, but I still think the "Roscoe was screwed over his sophomore year" card is overplayed here. He wasn't a very good player for us in 2012, at least not until the end of the year, in which case he started to get more minutes.

Reaction Score
Roscoe is a great kid. People treat it like he was disloyal, but really, he just wanted minutes. His choice to leave wasn't a bad one. UConn basketball was entering a serious period of flux and the odds were 50/50 at best that things would turn out well for us. Hating on a kid for doing what he perceived as best for his career when said kid was all class, is classless.

What, like he wasn't going to get minutes here?

Reaction Score
Sometimes a transfer works, sometime it doesn't.

Dwayne Polee transferred from St. John's and he knocked UNLV out of the tournament last night.

But I still don't blame Roscoe for transferring - he had no idea how bad a coach Dave Rice is and he got yanked around in his sophomore year here. He lost about eight minutes of playing time per game here and those minutes, inexplicably, went to Olander.
Hopefully, those minutes were well spent because I really think we need Olander today.

Reaction Score
Too bad for Roscoe, having said that he ditched UConn so who cares?

And for those who said he would have helped tremendously yeah in the world of hypotheticals I guess, but who wouldn't be here on this roster if he stayed?

It all worked out for the best………...

Reaction Score
I just heard Stan Van Gundy say something yesterday that that fits here. He said your position in the NBA is based on what you can guard. Guys like Roscoe (and KFree in 2000) think the next level has to do with your offense.
Interesting point and it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc