Roscoe to watch tourney on TV | The Boneyard

Roscoe to watch tourney on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great rebounder at 11 per game this season. Unfortunately, he won't be playing in the big dance.

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Great rebounder. Unfortunately, he won't be playing in the big dance.

He left because he didn't want to be a PF. He transferred to UNLV where they stuck him at... PF. And now no tourney.

Way to go Roscoe.

Reaction Score
I wonder if he has the same regrets leaving that I have of him leaving. Roscoe would have helped this team tremendously.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Loved Roscoe.

Wished him the best when he left and I hope he does well in the future wherever that takes him be it in hoops or wherever.

That being said... s*ck it buddy.

Reaction Score
time to move past sticks. best of luck unless you are playing uconn

Reaction Score
Why did Roscoe end up in Vegas? Did they promise him he'd be a small forward and nobody else would?

Reaction Score
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sorry, lost my composure.

Reaction Score
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
It's beyond me how any true UConn fan can laugh out loud because Roscoe Smith had something bad happen to him. Kid was a critical component of our 2011 team. He never, ever complained about playing time or his role on the team. He was a consummate teammate. He got caught up and screwed by the whole Drummond/Oriaki fiasco, and rode the bench more than he ever should have. He said NOT A WORD about it publicly. He then would have had to be punished by missing the tourni one year for something he didn't do, if he stayed. He respectfully and humbly decided to leave, did not say one word on the way out about his mistreatment because of the Drummond/Oriaki fiasco, and is attempting to follow his dream somewhere.

I'm very sad for him that he's not in the tourni. He is a class kid and court warrior and one of about 15 Huskies who have played key roles on championship teams.

I must be old. I can't imagine how a UConn fan can be so small minded, selfish, and flat out mean to take joy from Roscoe's misfortune. Makes me a slight bit ashamed that these people are fans of my team.

Reaction Score
It's beyond me how any true UConn fan can laugh out loud because Roscoe Smith had something bad happen to him. Kid was a critical component of our 2011 team. He never, ever complained about playing time or his role on the team. He was a consummate teammate. He got caught up and screwed by the whole Drummond/Oriaki fiasco, and rode the bench more than he ever should have. He said NOT A WORD about it publicly. He then would have had to be punished by missing the tourni one year for something he didn't do, if he stayed. He respectfully and humbly decided to leave, did not say one word on the way out about his mistreatment because of the Drummond/Oriaki fiasco, and is attempting to follow his dream somewhere.

I'm very sad for him that he's not in the tourni. He is a class kid and court warrior and one of about 15 Huskies who have played key roles on championship teams.

I must be old. I can't imagine how a UConn fan can be so small minded, selfish, and flat out mean to take joy from Roscoe's misfortune. Makes me a slight bit ashamed that these people are fans of my team.

Agreed 100%, we wish he would have stayed but we don't have the 3rd NC without his contribution.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
I don't blame Roscoe for transferring if he thought it would be in his best interest. Teams and coaches don't hesitate to do what is in their own self interest so I have no problem with a player doing it. There is also no way to tell how Roscoe would have fit in with our team this season. We may think we know but we really don't. He saw himself as a SF and realized that an NBA future would be at that position. Unfortunately Roscoe doesn't have a good enough shot to play that position and the UNLV coaches recognized that and played him at PF. He may not have helped his career by transferring but he didn't hurt it much either. I wish him well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He saw himself as a SF and realized that any NBA future would be at that position.

I just heard Stan Van Gundy say something yesterday that that fits here. He said your position in the NBA is based on what you can guard. Guys like Roscoe (and KFree in 2000) think the next level has to do with your offense.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Well said Strummer. I wish he had stayed, but I don't begrudge Roscoe one bit for doing what he felt was best for his career given the circumstances. He played hard while he was here and took no pot shots on his way out. I wish him the best wherever life takes him.

Reaction Score
Strummer said:

If that's the worst thing that happens in his life then I think he'll be okay. If leaving UCONN under is own will is what is unfortunate he had no one to blame but himself. I don't find it inappropriate to LOL at his decision, especially when it was at his own hand.

Reaction Score
Always will have great feelings for Roscoe . W/O him who knows if we cut down the nets in "11". He does have one more year so his BB future is still TBD. Wish him all the best. Just a real likeable young man.

Reaction Score
Roscoe is a great kid. People treat it like he was disloyal, but really, he just wanted minutes. His choice to leave wasn't a bad one. UConn basketball was entering a serious period of flux and the odds were 50/50 at best that things would turn out well for us. Hating on a kid for doing what he perceived as best for his career when said kid was all class, is classless.

Reaction Score
Sorry, if you're not wearing National Flag Blue and White, then I can't root for you. Loved Roscoe when he played for us, but once he left, well he's toast. Hope he does well, gets a degree, maybe gets a look in the pros or in Europe, but he was looking out for number 1, not the program, as a fan I always remained loyal to the Huskies, maybe it's wrong for me to expect the same from the players. If he had stayed he would be dancing this year, instead he is sitting at home, buried in the Mountain West.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sometimes a transfer works, sometime it doesn't.

Dwayne Polee transferred from St. John's and he knocked UNLV out of the tournament last night.

But I still don't blame Roscoe for transferring - he had no idea how bad a coach Dave Rice is and he got yanked around in his sophomore year here. He lost about eight minutes of playing time per game here and those minutes, inexplicably, went to Olander.

Reaction Score
Nothing wrong about Roscoe's decision he decided to transfer it happens all the time, its his life. He at least left in a classy way unlike someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom