Rosa changed the momentum of the game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Rosa changed the momentum of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After the big play that led to the td, I think they went too many times to the well on the opposite side with that designed run. I would have preferred the used play action to set up the pass.

Poor play calling in the last half.

Reaction Score
Well I do not know how he would feel and I should have phrased it differently. He should be upset if he gets moved up the depth chart, as he did a non-football related thing that potentially cost the team the win. I would not want a precedent to be set with my teammates where everyone can ball out and then do stupid stuff and cost the game, then get rewarded for that.
Well he did score 2 touchdowns :) I hesitate to get too carried away with a half roll into the end zone. The kids a sophomore in college and scored TD’s like no on has in recent memory for our team. Let’s move one let him learn.

What did he cost us? A few extra yards kicking off… He did not cause the missing tackles on return… He did not cause the ”late hit” on that play that tacked on another 15 and he did not cause the missed tackles that led kid into end zone.

I think interesting this is such a hot topic where we’ve got another player who blind sight hit a NC State player sending him to the hospital on same related set of plays and barely a mention.

Reaction Score
Victor Rosa made a stupid mistake. After a 70 yard touchdown. He won't do it again I'm sure, if he does you sit him. But at the end of the year he will lead this team in TD;s and yardage. Brewton and Houston have to break tackles.

Reaction Score
That was the weakest celebration ever…. Tumbling a bit as you finish a play,,, Hmmm when they scored seemed to be much more what most people would call celebrating.

There were many calls last night the left me wondering where the ref crew was from and motives.

Like the two pass interference callers that drastically changed the game. Or at the of game where there was clearly a PI in the endzone on NC State and the refs decide to call the games first holding penalty on us and no flag in end zone.

Umm the QB for state was quick and effective runner but he has some help with some holds - can’ t believe that the refs pulled that one out of their hats.

NC State must have loved their visit to the Rent.
There was about 1:30 when that official ignored a penalty right in front of him. And we were sitting right alongside the play. No amount of incompetence can explain that. The game wasn't over until after that call.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
That hurt us but I'm of the mindset that it's an incredibly stupid rule. 20 year old kids playing a game that is supposed to be fun.
Such a stupid rule. God forbid a little entertainment is allowed. If that's a penalty, then maybe the NCSt guy waving bye bye to the home crowd should be too. I'm not saying it should, just making a comparison. They're about equal on the "unsportsmanlike" scale.

Reaction Score
It was dumb, but not sure that was what killed mo. The inability to get in fg range after D makes a stop at midfield was a dagger. Have to capitalize there - make it a 1 score game. Step up. Build on some mo. Frustrating

Reaction Score
So if you want to second guess something, ask why McFadden was kicking off instead of Ruelas. I have no issue with taking the staff's word that McFadden won the place kicking job in camp, but we know from last year Ruelas has more leg on kickoffs than McFadden showed last night. We've had other years where we have someone kickoff who is not the starting placekicker. Chad Christen I think comes to mind.
That was insane to me, why do we have a kicker who can't kick it to the endzone?

Reaction Score
Well I do not know how he would feel and I should have phrased it differently. He should be upset if he gets moved up the depth chart, as he did a non-football related thing that potentially cost the team the win. I would not want a precedent to be set with my teammates where everyone can ball out and then do stupid stuff and cost the game, then get rewarded for that.

This is ridiculous. Who would ever be upset about moving up the depth chart? Do you think the kid is unaware he was our best player yesterday?

Reaction Score
After sleeping on it, I’m even more mad about the rule than before. Let the kids have fun. Frankly the penalty ended up being significantly worse for NC State players than Rosa “showing them up” or whatever that rule proclaims. By taking them out of a touchback situation, the most dangerous play in sports played out and a kid was terrifyingly close to being paralyzed on the field
any update on how the NC State player is doing? Thanks

Reaction Score
A guy who scored our only 2 TD’s and ran for 99 yards made us lose rather than a QB whose main qualification is that he played for our OC at Maine but couldn’t make sideline or deep throws. Give me a break.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tough to blame the guy who scored all of our 14 points. Honestly, just as much on the ST Coordinator for not telling us to kick out of bounds on the kickoff. Put them at the 35. But even more than that, it's tough to win a game when the WRs are dropping balls left and right and can't get open. We also needed to take a risk and bring more pressure on third down. They couldn't pass well and we kept giving up the 3rd down scramble without changing much as the game went on.
Some of those dropped passes were not well thrown balls, and if they can get open the QB should run it. Roberson should have seen at least some snaps, with Rosa in the backfield, I could see NC State having some tough choices to make on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom